Official: Eagles release Alshon Jeffery

Hawkeye

He had his issues here but he also made one of the biggest catches in Eagles history.  

https://www.radio.com/94wip/sports/eagles/report-eagles-to-release-alshon-jeffery

The Eagles will be releasing veteran wide receiver Alshon Jeffery when the 2021 league year begins, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

Jeffery, 31, originally signed with the Eagles on a one-year deal worth $14 million in 2017. During that 2017 season, Jeffery signed a four-year, $52 million extension.

In four seasons with Philadelphia, Jeffery caught 171 balls for 2,237 yards and 20 touchdowns plus another 23 balls for 364 yards and three scores in the 2017-18 and 2018-19 postseasons. Jeffery missed 18 of 64 regular season games due to injury.

Jeffery's biggest contribution came during that 2017 Super Bowl run, where he caught 12 balls for 219 yards and three scores in three playoff games, culminating in an Eagles Super Bowl victory. His 5-85-2 game in the NFC Championship game vs. the Vikings will not be forgotten by Eagles fans.

• Like 2

Good luck Alshon, thanks for the memories; especially one of the best catches in Super Bowl history.   :Eagle_smiley:

• Like 5

Oh it's Jeffery, thank god...here i was worried they cut Jeffries. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Oh it's Jeffery, thank god...here i was worried they cut Jeffries. 

Yep, both Jefferies and Clements are safe so far. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Big contributor to our Super Bowl. Wentz issue was overblown. Injuries have really reduced his effectiveness. Time to move on.

Will be a good cheap pick up for some team. Could see him going to Green Bay. 

Thanks Alshon.

• Like 1

Lurie: how do you intend to fix the team and make us perennial contenders again?

howie: simple, I’m going to undo every single thing I did for the last 4.5 years

lurie: I love it

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

This was expected following the recent restructure of his contract.  It helped us by freeing up some cap space and it helps him ... the new contract calls for us to pay him $25M for the 2022 season if he is still on the roster when the new league year starts.  It gives him a guarantee we’ll release him rather than hold on to him and attempt to trade him.  

• Like 1

Can’t wait to see his farewell message.  
"Loved the city of Philly ... did lots of hookers and blow.”  

• Haha 3

So long Alshon. Thanks for the Superbowl.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Who else over 30 is on the chopping block?

Hopefully all of them. 

43 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Now we need to go after Robinson. 

For what?