Kz!

Anti-White Hatred Thread

Ok so there's a debate: is CRT being taught in elementary and high schools?   It doesn't seem that schools are using the phrase Critical Race Theory and they are not citing the scholars that worked on CRT.  From articles I read in various sources from left/right/middle they say it's only being truly studied at the university level with specific people, it's not a wide spread curriculum or something.

So, it seems that it would help clarify the debate to stop saying that CRT is being taught in elementary and high school education. 

But we keep seeing stories like the above and others in recent years that people have a problem with.  When they mistakenly call it CRT, the response is well it's not CRT which is only taught in universities.  It might be easier to not get sidetracked on debating whether the concepts are literally CRT or not, but rather deal with approaches and teachings that you think are problematic.

So, if teachers or students are being told they are inherently racist and that whiteness is bad...put aside debating "that's not technically CRT and citing those exact CRT scholars" and deal with what is actually being taught.

On the other hand, with new heightened awareness about racial justice and wanting to examine the ramifications beyond just knowing the names, dates and basics of events doesn't always equate to a white fragility lecture that every white person is racist.  For example, acknowledging that the founding of the nation wasn't the peak of freedom that there was still work to be done for racial equality there's nothing wrong with that.  It seems that there is a knee-jerk reaction from conservatives whenever they hear about education going deeper to examine issues of race that it always means they're teaching anti-white rhetoric.  The waters get muddied and people make assumptions.  So the narrative in media becomes "conservatives don't want to talk about race" and perhaps that is true for some, but others may just be looking for confirmation bias that "the left" is forcing CRT concepts into education whether it's true or not.  

• Like 4

Just now, Dave Moss said:

Yeah, imagine not wanting to get your friends and family members sick.  That Toaster - what a weirdo.  :roll:

Newsflash - not everyone on the planet has been as obsessed and terrified of COVID as the ishlibs in CVON.  Then again, when you're on a 24/7 diet of CNN and Rachel Maddow and all the fear mongering associated with it, it's understandable.  I guess being old and fat as many of you are has a lot to do with it as well.  

• Like 2

New hate-crime just dropped:

Off-duty Jersey City police officer assaulted by group of men shouting racial slurs

An off-duty Jersey City police officer was beaten unconscious by a group of men hurling racial epithets at him early Sunday morning, authorities said.

Jersey City police were flagged down at 3:27 a.m. in the area of Grove Street and Newark Avenue and found a 42-year-old off-duty police officer bleeding from his head and face, city spokeswoman Kimberly Wallace-Scalcione said.

The victim, who is white, told police he was assaulted by a group of 10 men and that he identified himself as a police officer multiple times before losing consciousness. The group of men then fled.

The 42-year-old was taken to a local hospital with severe head trauma, and he was treated and released. Jersey City officials did not release any other details on the incident Monday night. Wallace-Scalcione said the incident "is being investigated as a potential bias incident.”

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2021/06/off-duty-jersey-city-police-officer-assaulted-by-group-of-men-shouting-racial-slurs.html

1 hour ago, Toastrel said:

How unsurprising that white-washed history is fine with you.

Factual chronological events are now "white washed?” :lol: 

Are you one of those people who think hard work and being on time are part of whiteness?

23 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Yeah, imagine not wanting to get your friends and family members sick.  That Toaster - what a weirdo.  :roll:

life is different on Earth II :lol:  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TEW said:

Factual chronological events are now "white washed?” :lol: 

Are you one of those people who think hard work and being on time are part of whiteness?

No, but you are, right?

28 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Ok so there's a debate: is CRT being taught in elementary and high schools?   It doesn't seem that schools are using the phrase Critical Race Theory and they are not citing the scholars that worked on CRT.  From articles I read in various sources from left/right/middle they say it's only being truly studied at the university level with specific people, it's not a wide spread curriculum or something.

So, it seems that it would help clarify the debate to stop saying that CRT is being taught in elementary and high school education. 

But we keep seeing stories like the above and others in recent years that people have a problem with.  When they mistakenly call it CRT, the response is well it's not CRT which is only taught in universities.  It might be easier to not get sidetracked on debating whether the concepts are literally CRT or not, but rather deal with approaches and teachings that you think are problematic.

So, if teachers or students are being told they are inherently racist and that whiteness is bad...put aside debating "that's not technically CRT and citing those exact CRT scholars" and deal with what is actually being taught.

On the other hand, with new heightened awareness about racial justice and wanting to examine the ramifications beyond just knowing the names, dates and basics of events doesn't always equate to a white fragility lecture that every white person is racist.  For example, acknowledging that the founding of the nation wasn't the peak of freedom that there was still work to be done for racial equality there's nothing wrong with that.  It seems that there is a knee-jerk reaction from conservatives whenever they hear about education going deeper to examine issues of race that it always means they're teaching anti-white rhetoric.  The waters get muddied and people make assumptions.  So the narrative in media becomes "conservatives don't want to talk about race" and perhaps that is true for some, but others may just be looking for confirmation bias that "the left" is forcing CRT concepts into education whether it's true or not.  

What is and is not CRT has absolutely been muddied. The right is very effective at re-defining terms for its base to rally around as it relates to the culture war, and CRT is just the latest buzz-word. This allows those on the right that subscribe heavily to the white grievance mindset to have a readily identifiable boogeyman to project all their anti-anti-racist angst onto, and broadly cast anyone left of center as an enemy on this issue.

Which of course doesn't do anything to improve discourse, because that's not the goal. Partisans on either side of this issue have no actual interest in having a dialog necessary to work through these issues, it's all about keeping race a defining front in the culture wars and get people to the poll so power can be maintained. 

There are some absolutely troubling things being taught in some schools. e.g.: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/04/black-lives-matter-curriculum-has-unintended-lesson/618501/

It's something that should be highlighted, and I think you would get a LOT of agreement among rank-and-file on the left and right that teaching kids that whites are inherently racist and part of the system of white suppression, that because some white benefit from race privilege that all white people are more privileged than non-whites, is incredibly wrong and goes against the basic principles upon which this nation was founded.

At the same time it's also necessary to educate children in this country about our nation's history, and inevitably that means lessons on race relations because they are fundamental to the evolution of our system. I also think one can teach the concept of race privilege without painting all whites as privileged, and all blacks as disadvantaged, which is itself a form of bigotry. 

As always, it comes down to which individuals on either side of this issue want to proceed in good faith, and which just want to keep these issues a part of the culture war for political gain. 

• Like 3

Just now, Toastrel said:

No, but you are, right?

No, that’s CRT crowd:

image.thumb.png.d0accf98154d006591871debb50d33f0.png

41 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Newsflash - not everyone on the planet has been as obsessed and terrified of COVID as the ishlibs in CVON.  Then again, when you're on a 24/7 diet of CNN and Rachel Maddow and all the fear mongering associated with it, it's understandable.  I guess being old and fat as many of you are has a lot to do with it as well.  

A big part of staying safe is keeping morons like you at bay.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dave Moss said:

Actually, Mike already begrudgingly admitted that he took the vaccine.  Kz told him that he'd been vaccinated and Mike felt safe enough to come forward and tell his story of being vaccinated, then Kz pulled the okie-doke on him and left Mike out to dry.  You hate to see it.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, VanHammersly said:

Actually, Mike already begrudgingly admitted that he took the vaccine.  Kz told him that he'd been vaccinated and Mike felt safe enough to come forward and tell his story of being vaccinated, then Kz pulled the okie-doke on him and left Mike out to dry.  You hate to see it.

Actually - I'm on record from the very beginning of the vaccine thread admitting that I would get it when it became available to me.  It was a coincidence that I got mine the same time Kz lied about getting his in the corona thread.  Enjoy swallowing another L, big fella

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VanHammersly said:

:roll::roll::roll:

That was the funniest ish ever

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Actually - I'm on record from the very beginning of the vaccine thread admitting that I would get it when it became available to me.  It was a coincidence that I got mine the same time Kz lied about getting his in the corona thread.  Enjoy swallowing another L, big fella

:lol:  Sure it was, buddy.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

b8edcfd6dd79720249b61853c178e8dca5-surejan.2x.rsquare.w700 (1).jpg

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

LOL - ok.  I lived my life normally throughout this whole thing.  Traveled without fear.  Saw family maskless.  I did wear a mask indoors where required.  Before we went to any gatherings, it was made clear by all parties involved what the expectations were.  Everything in moderation - am I right? 

fxX4.gif

• Like 1

LOL - ok.  I lived my life normally throughout this whole thing.  Traveled without fear.  Saw family maskless.  I did wear a mask indoors where required.  Before we went to any gatherings, it was made clear by all parties involved what the expectations were.  Everything in moderation - am I right? 

If we've established anything over the past year or so, it's that both you and Kz are very normal.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TEW said:

No, that’s CRT crowd:

image.thumb.png.d0accf98154d006591871debb50d33f0.png

you know that's from a book published in 1978?

Yep - I poked fun at Toaster for *gasp* seeing his family, which was followed by a barrage of posts from the lollipop guild and the rest of pussy patrol defending his honor and I'm the triggered one :roll: 

Yep - I poked fun at Toaster for *gasp* seeing his family, which was followed by a barrage of posts from the lollipop guild and the rest of pussy patrol defending his honor and I'm the triggered one :roll: 

It's confirmed that I'm not in the Lollipop Guild, so am I in the Poosay Patrol?  

Just now, mikemack8 said:

:lol: you're begging for it again

Just now, mikemack8 said:

Hardcore projection, it's what liberals do. 

21 minutes ago, JohnSnowsHair said:

What is and is not CRT has absolutely been muddied. The right is very effective at re-defining terms for its base to rally around as it relates to the culture war, and CRT is just the latest buzz-word. This allows those on the right that subscribe heavily to the white grievance mindset to have a readily identifiable boogeyman to project all their anti-anti-racist angst onto, and broadly cast anyone left of center as an enemy on this issue.

Which of course doesn't do anything to improve discourse, because that's not the goal. Partisans on either side of this issue have no actual interest in having a dialog necessary to work through these issues, it's all about keeping race a defining front in the culture wars and get people to the poll so power can be maintained. 

There are some absolutely troubling things being taught in some schools. e.g.: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/04/black-lives-matter-curriculum-has-unintended-lesson/618501/

It's something that should be highlighted, and I think you would get a LOT of agreement among rank-and-file on the left and right that teaching kids that whites are inherently racist and part of the system of white suppression, that because some white benefit from race privilege that all white people are more privileged than non-whites, is incredibly wrong and goes against the basic principles upon which this nation was founded.

At the same time it's also necessary to educate children in this country about our nation's history, and inevitably that means lessons on race relations because they are fundamental to the evolution of our system. I also think one can teach the concept of race privilege without painting all whites as privileged, and all blacks as disadvantaged, which is itself a form of bigotry. 

As always, it comes down to which individuals on either side of this issue want to proceed in good faith, and which just want to keep these issues a part of the culture war for political gain. 

Again, I have no idea what is going on in public schools (not poor). But what is going on in Manhattan private schools is bat crap insane, as I have posted. 

My larger question -- were there schools not teaching the history of slavery? That it was a bad thing? I know it's been a long time since I was in elementary school, but I remember being taught that (i) slavery happened and was a foundational aspect of the country at the time, (ii) abolitionist movements sprung up, (iii) the civil war happened and (iv) the 13th amendment abolished slavery. And all this was done without making the white kids feel as though they were responsible for the actions of their ancestors. We all understood that slavery was bad, racism is bad and it still impacts society today. Were there schools not teaching this? 

• Like 3