Jenkins27

Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

What QB on last years roster could have played better than Hurts.They would have "Hurt" the eyes.Its always good to have a capable ,young QB to play when the starter is either injured or not playing well.A veteran is necessary to assist in their development and play when needed.What excuse would be given if Wentz had Alex Smiths injury.

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He played the entire 2019 and unfortunately got knocked out of the playoff game but he still started every game. and last year he didn't lose his starting spot because of injury. .

I'm not looking at that pick in terms of how Hurts plays I'm looking at as a pick that could of been used else where. 

It's still a season that he failed to complete due to injury, so there's not much there to hang your hat on other than a technicality. Last year, he lost his job because he was playing like dogsh**, so I'm not sure that helps your argument, either, lol.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

It's still a season that he failed to complete due to injury, so there's not much there to hang your hat on other than a technicality. Last year, he lost his job because he was playing like dogsh**, so I'm not sure that helps your argument, either, lol.

I understand what you are saying and I get the whole still didn't finish thing. The point is .... The reason I even made that comment is because injury shouldn't be the reason we don't get that 1st round pick from the colts!

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The reason I even made that comment is because injury shouldn't be the reason we don't get that 1st round pick from the colts!

I don't know, it seems firmly within the realm of possibility to me. I think that's the only way we don't get a first. Reich will give Wentz enough rope to hang himself.

12 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I don't know, it seems firmly within the realm of possibility to me. I think that's the only way we don't get a first. Reich will give Wentz enough rope to hang himself.

It's definitely not out of possibility but, it's not a certainty like I think a lot of people are thinking. 

14 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I understand the overall point but Ryan Mallett was 13 in 2001.

21 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Foles winning the damn Super Bowl caused this whole franchise and it's fans to go off the effing rails!! Lol. 

Well said. Look Wentz’s arrogance caused his decline even more than his injuries. He actually said to Foles on the SB podium - something about the trophy being his next year. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Foles winning the damn Super Bowl caused this whole franchise and it's fans to go off the effing rails!! Lol. 

Oh, but what a beautiful ride it was... I can't say I wouldn't do it all over again... and I've been a big supporter of Carson. Didn't want him traded, in fact, I want Howie to trade back for him (and Frank)! Of course, that's a joke. But if it were possible and Howie did it, I wouldn't be in the streets with a pitchfork. 

All of that said, as bad as I felt for Carson having to sit on the Super Bowl sideline, I wouldn't change a single thing about that post season. Nick coming back, then going on that historic run... perfection, absolute perfection with the Philly Special as the cherry on top!

I think I'm going to have to watch something LII related tonight!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's definitely not out of possibility but, it's not a certainty like I think a lot of people are thinking. 

I do think it’s certainly possible for Wentz to go down with an injury. Our luck it happens just before he hits that 75%. Still in my gut I think he achieves the snaps, but I don’t think he wins as much as people assume he will. The Cults will be a 7-9 win team with Wentz, and even if they’re better than that they will go nowhere in the playoffs. 

10 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

The guy hasn’t finished a full season since 2016. Heck there were some rumblings he was actually hurt last season too. I wouldn’t put it past him to hide an injury cause he hid his back injury for weeks in 2018. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The guy hasn’t finished a full season since 2016. Heck there were some rumblings he was actually hurt last season too. I wouldn’t put it past him to hide an injury cause he hid his back injury for weeks in 2018. 

He didn't hide his back injury he was on the injury report the whole time. He argued with coaches cause he still wanted to play with it but it was known he was having back issues. 

It's not in the colts best interest to hide injuries that will result in fines and penalties. Team doctors are not going to lie to the team for Wentz. I think you are getting a little carried away with this stuff lol

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I do think it’s certainly possible for Wentz to go down with an injury. Our luck it happens just before he hits that 75%. Still in my gut I think he achieves the snaps, but I don’t think he wins as much as people assume he will. The Cults will be a 7-9 win team with Wentz, and even if they’re better than that they will go nowhere in the playoffs. 

I don't care of he wins I care that he gets us that 1st round pick

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Exactly.  Meeting the snap count criterion but playing at a subpar level to lead them to a record that doesn’t get them into the playoffs is best case scenario, that way we end up with no worse than a top 18 pick (unless the playoff seeding changes again).  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I’d rather that first be in the teens or earlier personally. 

12 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He didn't hide his back injury he was on the injury report the whole time. He argued with coaches cause he still wanted to play with it but it was known he was having back issues. 

It's not in the colts best interest to hide injuries that will result in fines and penalties. Team doctors are not going to lie to the team for Wentz. I think you are getting a little carried away with this stuff lol

I remember Doug acting as he didn’t know the severity of the injury and he implied Wentz wasn’t as forthcoming about his injury as he should’ve been. It’s not a surprise cause he didn’t want Foles back out there. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I remember Doug acting as he didn’t know the severity of the injury and he implied Wentz wasn’t as forthcoming about his injury as he should’ve been. It’s not a surprise cause he didn’t want Foles back out there. 

There was also reports that the doctors missed the fracture in his back. Either way he was put on the injury report for back issues after the Giants game when he got body slammed into the turf

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’d rather that first be in the teens or earlier personally. 

At this point I'll be happy with the first any pick that round especially since we aren't guaranteed that

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

At this point I'll be happy with the first any pick that round especially since we aren't guaranteed that

This team needs talent. The earlier the picks the better to me. 

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

There was also reports that the doctors missed the fracture in his back. Either way he was put on the injury report for back issues after the Giants game when he got body slammed into the turf

I think he was hurt in the Vikings game a week prior.

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

This team needs talent. The earlier the picks the better to me. 

Obviously, just not going to think about it to much. 

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Obviously, just not going to think about it to much. 

They could potentially have three first round picks in the top 20next season. That’s pretty exciting. Gotta get through this season first though.

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

They could potentially have three first round picks in the top 20next season. That’s pretty exciting. Gotta get through this season first though.

and if Hurts doesn't work out (and I'm really hoping that he does!), I can see them using all 3 (possible) 1st rounders to move up to a top 3 pick for a replacement QB in the '22 draft...

Watson?...no one is touching him with any length of barge pole...and Russell Wilson? Well, would the Eagles rather make a 3 x 1st round pick play for him, than move up for a rookie, bearing in mind the contract he would need? who knows...but best case scenario is Hurts pans out, and they can rebuild with all of these early round picks over the next couple of seasons...but when has best case scenario ever worked out for the Eagles in terms of drafting!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EagleTen said:

and if Hurts doesn't work out (and I'm really hoping that he does!), I can see them using all 3 (possible) 1st rounders to move up to a top 3 pick for a replacement QB in the '22 draft...

Watson?...no one is touching him with any length of barge pole...and Russell Wilson? Well, would the Eagles rather make a 3 x 1st round pick play for him, than move up for a rookie, bearing in mind the contract he would need? who knows...but best case scenario is Hurts pans out, and they can rebuild with all of these early round picks over the next couple of seasons...but when has best case scenario ever worked out for the Eagles in terms of drafting!

On top of that for biting the Wentz bullet now it actually makes the 2022 cap situation much better which can give them flexibility to add free agents. If Sirianni can coach and if Hurts pans out the Eagles could be right back in the mix of things much sooner than people think. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

On top of that for biting the Wentz bullet now it actually makes the 2022 cap situation much better which can give them flexibility to add free agents. If Sirianni can coach and if Hurts pans out the Eagles could be right back in the mix of things much sooner than people think. 

And even if Hurts doesn't pan out they may still be in a good position to either draft a young QB or trade for one. Biting the Wentz cap hit this year was absolutely the right call. I can't stand Howie and I don't give him credit for much but I'll give him credit for that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I feel that the next few Eagles seasons will be set up to shine or fall depending on Hurts...If Hurts works out (and I so hope he does), then I think the Eagles will be a contender in the NFCE quite quickly, with all of the team building picks and cap that will become available...

If he crashes and burns, and the Eagles use all of their draft capital on a QB in '22, then we are in few a few rocky seasons...

There is so much riding on this season, with Hurts, Siri and how they handle the draft...it's going to have a major impact on the next few seasons.