Derek Stingley Jr. (LSU CB) -- DRAFTED BY HOUSTON #3

philafan4o8

Too Early?! Lol

Shutdown corner that will be a better prospect than both Horn and Surtain IMO. Absolute playmaker and turnover machine. Had a couple rough games against Smith but who didn’t. Stingley will be the first CB drafted next year. Eagles ignored the CB position this year minus Zach but should address it next year.

• Like 2

Yes, absolutely yes, but not if Kayvon Thibodeaux or Zach Harrison are on the board when we pick.

DeVonta OWNED him in back to back years, but that's just what the Slim Repaer does. Stingley is a stud CB who will be a superstar at the next level.

• Like 1

May well have a gold jacket in his future. I've been touting him for 2 years now.

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

May well have a gold jacket in his future. I've been touting him for 2 years now.

Have to hope Hurts pans out so we can use our picks on him

2 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

Have to hope Hurts pans out so we can use our picks on him

Or I guess we'd have to hope he shows just enough improvement to win another game or two, but not too much improvement that would require a lot of draft capital to move up next year. 😂

This is why we should have addressed CB this year when the value was there haha

Stay away from Devonta Smith highlight videos if you want to like this guy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

LMAO. Seriously, if you only watch those two games you will legitimately think that Stingley stinks and we are all crazy for wanting him. DeVonta put an absolute clown suit on him, twice.

Unfortunately if we're in a position next year to get him, that means CB is the least of our needs.

If we are in a position to get Stingley then yeah we will have much greater needs and will be investing our first round picks on a QB.

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If we are in a position to get Stingley then yeah we will have much greater needs and will be investing our first round picks on a QB.

It’s almost like the Eagles are sending Hurts on a fools errand. If hurts can’t lift this team to the playoffs then he will be replaced. Offensively he is set but that defense especially that defensive backfield will be a big problem. Idc how good Gannon may be you still need good players

5 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

It’s almost like the Eagles are sending Hurts on a fools errand. If hurts can’t lift this team to the playoffs then he will be replaced. Offensively he is set but that defense especially that defensive backfield will be a big problem. Idc how good Gannon may be you still need good players

I don't think it's that straight forward. Hurts can play well and this offense can perform and he can be judged on that. What Hurts doesn't necessarily have a direct impact on the defense. But yes I do feel sorry for Gannon. He's this highly rated young DC who's not been given much to work with here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think it's that straight forward. Hurts can play well and this offense can perform and he can be judged on that. What Hurts doesn't necessarily have a direct impact on the defense. But yes I do feel sorry for Gannon. He's this highly rated young DC who's not been given much to work with here.

Not entirely true. Our DL ain't bad. Other teams with a better secondary would usually lick their fingers for a duo like Cox-Hargrave.

48 minutes ago, Infam said:

Not entirely true. Our DL ain't bad. Other teams with a better secondary would usually lick their fingers for a duo like Cox-Hargrave.

But the DL needs the secondary to be able to cover for more than a second. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But the DL needs the secondary to be able to cover for more than a second. 

Sure. But the best secondary won't help you if your DL stinks.

Just saying it's not like we got nothing on defense now. It's just... incomplete.

Just now, Infam said:

Sure. But the best secondary won't help you if your DL stinks.

Just saying it's not like we got nothing on defense now. It's just... incomplete.

Oh no i know the two need to complement each other for sure! But this secondary isn't going to complement this DL.

• Like 1

Hey, for all we know the Dolphins could stink next year. I'm not sold on Tua at all, and odds are the best they can hope for is 3rd place in their own division. That pick could end being a lot higher than we might anticipate.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, eagle45 said:

True. In fact, stay away from every CB he beat like a drum if you want to like one of them...and there were many. Outside of that matchup nightmare, Stingley played lights out for the most part. the kid is still 19 until June so he is still in his H.S. to college developmental phase. I think his ceiling is off the charts. Time will tell.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Hey, for all we know the Dolphins could stink next year. I'm not sold on Tua at all, and odds are the best they can hope for is 3rd place in their own division. That pick could end being a lot higher than we might anticipate.

Yes. And even more: I don't think it's a given that Wentz leads the Colts to success either.

6 minutes ago, Infam said:

Yes. And even more: I don't think it's a given that Wentz leads the Colts to success either.

As long as he plays 75%+ of the snaps in a loss filled season, I'll be a very happy camper.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

As long as he plays 75%+ of the snaps in a loss filled season, I'll be a very happy camper.

8 minutes ago, Infam said:

Idk Sam Ehlinger might push him out of Indy lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Idk Sam Ehlinger might push him out of Indy lol

I think Reich and co. found the one guy who's accuracy is bad enough to keep Carson firmly entrenched as the starter, lol. 

26 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

True. In fact, stay away from every CB he beat like a drum if you want to like one of them...and there were many. Outside of that matchup nightmare, Stingley played lights out for the most part. the kid is still 19 until June so he is still in his H.S. to college developmental phase. I think his ceiling is off the charts. Time will tell.

I do think he’s a great prospect.

Just now, eagle45 said:

I do think he’s a great prospect.

Yeah, he's gonna be really good. Still Smith taught him that he has a long way to go yet, and that's a good thing. You know what? When they're both Eagles next year, they'll have plenty of practice time to sort things out. :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Yeah, he's gonna be really good. Still Smith taught him that he has a long way to go yet, and that's a good thing. You know what? When they're both Eagles next year, they'll have plenty of practice time to sort things out. :D

If that's the case his mental toughness will be tested hard.. 😄

• Haha 1