Derek Stingley Jr. (LSU CB) -- DRAFTED BY HOUSTON #3

philafan4o8

7 minutes ago, Infam said:

If that's the case his mental toughness will be tested hard.. 😄

It would be like Alshon and Gilmore being roommates in college. Iron sharpens iron.

• Like 2

I don’t watch too much college football outside of the FCS, but I do know this guys name... 

Because he’s all over Devonta’s highlight reels

As of right now (51 weeks before next draft ...lol), Stingley is #1 on my wish list.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

As of right now (51 weeks before next draft ...lol), Stingley is #1 on my wish list.  

Oh sure. Now see what you've done. Somebody is feeling 2nd best...

Spoiler

GIF HUNTERRESS — KATE BECKINSALE GIF HUNT (70) Please like/reblog... | Kate  beckinsale, Kate, Gif

:roll:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

I'd put him at #3, with only Thibodeaux and Harrison in front of him.

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Oh sure. Now see what you've done. Somebody is feeling 2nd best...

Reveal hidden contents

GIF HUNTERRESS — KATE BECKINSALE GIF HUNT (70) Please like/reblog... | Kate  beckinsale, Kate, Gif

:roll:

You know me too well!

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 5:45 AM, D-Shiznit said:

Hey, for all we know the Dolphins could stink next year. I'm not sold on Tua at all, and odds are the best they can hope for is 3rd place in their own division. That pick could end being a lot higher than we might anticipate.

Well that would certainly be best case scenario. The Eagles taking a step forward with Hurts and the Dolphins taking one back so they can draft Stingley without having to trade up and bring in more guys to help Jalen Hurts after we surprise everyone with a wild card appearance 😁

With all the picks invested on DL this year, maybe we get a DB heavy draft in 2022? Ok I know, wishful thinking but it would be 20 years since that 2002 draft that got us Lito Sheppard, Sheldon Brown, and Michael Lewis with the 1st three picks, plus a 3rd round steal in Brian Westbrook.

Imagine a 1st round that looks like this 😮

Rnd 1 (MIA): Derek Stingley Jr. CB LSU

Rnd 1 (IND): Derion Kendrick CB Clemson

Rnd 1: Jordan Battle S Alabama

• Like 1

11 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Well that would certainly be best case scenario. The Eagles taking a step forward with Hurts and the Dolphins taking one back so they can draft Stingley without having to trade up and bring in more guys to help Jalen Hurts after we surprise everyone with a wild card appearance 😁

With all the picks invested on DL this year, maybe we get a DB heavy draft in 2022? Ok I know, wishful thinking but it would be 20 years since that 2002 draft that got us Lito Sheppard, Sheldon Brown, and Michael Lewis with the 1st three picks, plus a 3rd round steal in Brian Westbrook.

So you're saying only another 20 yrs b4 we have a draft of all LB's?:excited::excited:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Lol I would prefer

Derek Stingley 

Kaiir Elam

Bubba Bolden

But I guarantee the eagles draft a dline in first round anyways next year. Dline class is stacked

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

So you're saying only another 20 yrs b4 we have a draft of all LB's?:excited::excited:

Never say never 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Lol I would prefer

Derek Stingley 

Kaiir Elam

Bubba Bolden

But I guarantee the eagles draft a dline in first round anyways next year. Dline class is stacked

Either way, the options look good but yeah, this team loves it's linemen. I don't think they can resist using one of those picks on a DL. Plus there's no guarantee that any of our rookie DL show much their first year. Those late round picks are basically shots in the dark.

2/3 ain't bad though! Or even 1/3 if we're being honest with this front office 

• 2 months later...
On 5/7/2021 at 9:13 AM, philafan4o8 said:

Lol I would prefer

Derek Stingley 

Kaiir Elam

Bubba Bolden

That's cool. We'll have 3 1st rders... that's if they don't trade for Watson

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2021 at 1:45 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If we are in a position to get Stingley then yeah we will have much greater needs and will be investing our first round picks on a QB.

Where do you get this logic from?

Football is the ultimate team sport, the Eagles could have a bad season W/L wise while Hurts and the offense played lights out.

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Where do you get this logic from?

Football is the ultimate team sport, the Eagles could have a bad season W/L wise while Hurts and the offense played lights out.

Yeah you're right... But chances are if the Eagles are say top 5 then Hurts did not play very well. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah you're right... But chances are if the Eagles are say top 5 then Hurts did not play very well. 

Again, that's not true, many QBs have played very well but the remainder of the team didn't.  

I remember Buddy Ryan's first year in Philadelphia in which they were 5-10-1.  On the Buddy Ryan Show, the interviewer was questioning the play of Cunningham, Buddy Ryan gave him a look of disdain and replied, "if everyone else on the team is playing as well as Randall we wouldn't have a problem".......no offense but you have a lot to learn about the game.

11 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

.no offense but you have a lot to learn about the game.

No offense but perhaps you need to get to grips with the English language. If you read what I said I said chances are if this team has a top 5 draft pick then Hurts was not good. I didn't say that would absolutely be the case. 

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Again, that's not true, many QBs have played very well but the remainder of the team didn't.  

I remember Buddy Ryan's first year in Philadelphia in which they were 5-10-1.  On the Buddy Ryan Show, the interviewer was questioning the play of Cunningham, Buddy Ryan gave him a look of disdain and replied, "if everyone else on the team is playing as well as Randall we wouldn't have a problem".......no offense but you have a lot to learn about the game.

Did you even read what he said? "Many QBs have played very well” and then bringing up one guy in no way contradicts the chances of Hurts playing poorly on a team with a high draft pick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Did you even read what he said? "Many QBs have played very well” and then bringing up one guy in no way contradicts the chances of Hurts playing poorly on a team with a high draft pick.

Thank you buddy! Once again it is selective reading but I'd expect nothing less. And in fact his argument was flawed anyway as has been brought to my attention. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I picked up from "If we are in a position to get Stingley then yeah we will have much greater needs and will be investing our first round picks on a QB." insuating that the QB was the problem, so no, I didn't read the "Many QBs....".

8 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I picked up from "If we are in a position to get Stingley then yeah we will have much greater needs and will be investing our first round picks on a QB." insuating that the QB was the problem, so no, I didn't read the "Many QBs....".

Actually that's how you've read it. I may, or may not, have been insinuating that QB was the problem. And Actually I'd suggest that if this team struggles then there are going to be a number of problems that are going to need to be addressed. One of them is possibly going to be QB.

On 5/6/2021 at 9:43 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

Kendrick plays for UGA now

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 12:56 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Actually that's how you've read it. I may, or may not, have been insinuating that QB was the problem. And Actually I'd suggest that if this team struggles then there are going to be a number of problems that are going to need to be addressed. One of them is possibly going to be QB.

He thinks the earth is flat...no sense continuing this bud.

• Like 1

Injured his foot in practice & has surgery. Out indefinitely. Bad news.

LSU star Derek Stingley Jr. out indefinitely as projected top-five NFL Draft pick undergoes foot procedure

The junior cornerback is seen as a top prospect in the upcoming 2022 NFL Draft

LSU defensive back Derek Stingley Jr. has been ruled out indefinitely after undergoing a procedure on his injured foot, the school announced on Wednesday. Stingley was ruled out of the lineup prior to the game against Mississippi State on Sept. 25 with the injury that he suffered in practice, which was expected to keep him out for a few weeks. The injury failed to improve, however, so Stingley ultimately opted for the procedure. 

"I appreciate all of the support from LSU and the fans," Stingley said in a statement. "I'm doing all that I can to return to the field as soon as possible. I want to finish out the season with my teammates and I will do everything I can to get healthy so I will be able to play again this year." 

The junior cornerback has accumulated 74 tackles, six tackles for loss, 26 passes defended and six interceptions throughout a storied career at LSU. He started as a freshman on the 2019 national championship team and earned All-America honors. 

In Stingley's absence, LSU has gone 1-1 with a tight win over Mississippi State followed by the first home loss to No. 22 Auburn since 1999. Teams have taken advantage of his absence as quarterbacks Bo Nix and Will Rogers combined to complete 66% of passes for 626 yards, four touchdowns and just one interception. 

Stingley's procedure comes at a brutal time for the program. LSU faces off against No. 16 Kentucky, No. 20 Florida, No. 17 Ole Miss, No. 1 Alabama and No. 13 Arkansas over the next five games. ESPN's FPI considers the Tigers an underdog in all five contests, which could put the program at risk of finishing below .500 for the first time since Nick Saban took over the program in 2000. 

Sophomore Dwight McGlothern has taken the lion's majority of Stingley's plays, lining up for 159 snaps over the past two games and earning a 69.9 coverage grade from Pro Football Focus. He has accumulated 12 tackles and two tackles for loss in three games. 

Stingley is seen as one of the top prospects in the 2022 NFL Draft by several outlets. CBS Sports' Ryan Wilson projects Stingley as the No. 4 overall pick in his latest mock draft and the No. 1 cornerback on the board. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/iowas-epic-turnover-binge-has-the-hawkeyes-looking-like-playoff-contenders-but-is-it-all-sustainable/

On 5/1/2021 at 11:39 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

Or I guess we'd have to hope he shows just enough improvement to win another game or two, but not too much improvement that would require a lot of draft capital to move up next year. 😂

This is why we should have addressed CB this year when the value was there haha

Amen but will Howie draft  in round 1??????😧