Kaiir Elam (Florida CB) -- DRAFTED BY BUFFALO #23

philafan4o8

Kaiir Elam is currently the second best CB in my view for the 2022 NFL Draft. He is also the more realistic draft pick compared to Stingley who will be a top 5 pick next year. If the eagles are in position to get Stingley they will be drafting a QB IMO.

Elam has all the traits you want and is physical. May not be the turnover machine Stingley is but he can make some plays on the ball as well. With 3 first rounders next year and Slay a year older, the eagles better pick at least 1 CB in the first next year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Kaiir Elam is currently the second best CB in my view for the 2022 NFL Draft. He is also the more realistic draft pick compared to Stingley who will be a top 5 pick next year. If the eagles are in position to get Stingley they will be drafting a QB IMO.

Can I ask... Why do you think he's the more realistic draft pick? 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Can I ask... Why do you think he's the more realistic draft pick? 

Well as of right now just taking a shot in the dark. I think Stingley is easily CB1 and is top 5 or even top 3 in next draft. Unless the colts or Dolphins are that ass I don’t see either of those picks being top 5. It is most likely that the eagles pick will be top 5 and if it is, it is most likely going to be for a QB of one of the top DL lol. If the eagles are out of top 5 it is hard for me to believe they would trade quality draft capital to move into the top 5 to draft a CB. 

with that said, again just an assumption 1 year prior to next years draft, Elam can be had somewhere between picks 10-20.

• Like 2

^ Yeah, if we get a top 5 pick we are either picking a QB or Kayvon Thibodeaux.

6 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Well as of right now just taking a shot in the dark. I think Stingley is easily CB1 and is top 5 or even top 3 in next draft. Unless the colts or Dolphins are that ass I don’t see either of those picks being top 5. It is most likely that the eagles pick will be top 5 and if it is, it is most likely going to be for a QB of one of the top DL lol. If the eagles are out of top 5 it is hard for me to believe they would trade quality draft capital to move into the top 5 to draft a CB. 

with that said, again just an assumption 1 year prior to next years draft, Elam can be had somewhere between picks 10-20.

6 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Who above him in top 3?   Kayvon thibodeaux or however you spell it is one. Zach Harrison, Kyle Hamilton is a fire piece as well. Lots of young good defensive guys this year.  

Forsure a lot of good defenders and a better draft IMO 

4 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Forsure a lot of good defenders and a better draft IMO 

And a deeper draft which is good for the Eagles. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 7:45 AM, philafan4o8 said:

If the eagles are out of top 5 it is hard for me to believe they would trade quality draft capital to move into the top 5 to draft a CB. 

Not me, Howie craves attention and making moves is the only way he can get it.

10 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Not me, Howie craves attention and making moves is the only way he can get it.

Lol no move would get more attention than trading into top 5 for a QB

5 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Lol no move would get more attention than trading into top 5 for a QB

They may not need to though... 😉

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 2:49 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They may not need to though... 😉

That never stopped Howie lol

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Although this kid is a top 3 CB in this class, he’ll probably not crack the top 10. Heck, he might be available when we’re on the clock.

Slay made the pro bowl but isn’t the youngest anymore and Nelson is a FA. Armed with 3 first rounders, Eagles would be wise if they spend one of those picks on a corner. Elam might be it.

48 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Although this kid is a top 3 CB in this class, he’ll probably not crack the top 10. Heck, he might be available when we’re on the clock.

Slay made the pro bowl but isn’t the youngest anymore and Nelson is a FA. Armed with 3 first rounders, Eagles would be wise if they spend one of those picks on a corner. Elam might be it.

Absolutely my favorite corner in the draft. He is tough! But I have no idea where he will get drafted. 5-25? Could be everywhere really.. 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infam said:

Absolutely my favorite corner in the draft. He is tough! But I have no idea where he will get drafted. 5-25? Could be everywhere really.. 😄

My guess is Stingley will go top 10 unless the ankle injury is a real concern and Booth, Gardner and Elam go in that 10-20 range. McCreary and McDuffy get taken somewhere between 20 and 32..

Posting a new mock soon in which I have the Eagles taking, and this is a wild guess, your favorite prospect on offense not named Linderbaum.

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

My guess is Stingley will go top 10 unless the ankle injury is a real concern and Booth, Gardner and Elam go in that 10-20 range. McCreary and McDuffy get taken somewhere between 20 and 32..

Posting a new mock soon in which I have the Eagles taking, and this is a wild guess, your favorite prospect on offense not named Linderbaum.

McCreary is my second favorite Corner. 😃

Very interested who you think my second favorite dude is.

• 2 weeks later...

Florida was absolutely atrocious this year, but when I watch this kid I see 100% athlete and 0% brain.  Not a huge fan.

On 12/26/2021 at 3:01 AM, Ray75 said:

TBH I'll be pissed if we don't come away with a top CB prospect if we indeed use all 3 1st rd picks in April (assuming one of those highly rated prospects will be obtainable).  I'll still be disappointed if we trade one for a 2023 1st and only use 2 but that will depend on who we get with those other 2 picks.  But have to hit on the right player (regardless of position).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

TBH I'll be pissed if we don't come away with a top CB prospect if we indeed use all 3 1st rd picks in April (assuming one of those highly rated prospects will be obtainable).  I'll still be disappointed if we trade one for a 2023 1st and only use 2 but that will depend on who we get with those other 2 picks.  But have to hit on the right player (regardless of position).

Agreed. DB is a huge need for this team having overlooked it for so long now. 

15 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. DB is a huge need for this team having overlooked it for so long now. 

It'll be 5 years this April since we spent a pick higher than a 4th on a CB.  In 2017 we used a 2nd and 3rd on Jones and Douglas, respectively.  Hopefully the evaluation process is better than it was then.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Douglas, respectively.  Hopefully the evaluation process is better than it was then.  

3rd highest cb grade this year. 😑

21 minutes ago, What The F said:

3rd highest cb grade this year. 😑

Well he didn't show that kind of ability here so ... 

I suppose I should have phrased it more like, "I hope the decision making is better" (since obviously they banked on Jones' injury not affecting him long term and that Douglas would fit the scheme).  But that should be part of the evaluation process.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This forum did not age too well but this was written prior to the season lol. But I still like Elam a lot and think he has bigger upside than any other CB outside of Stingley and Sauce. If we trade down from 18, he should be on the short list. But then you also run the risk of missing out on him imo