Sign in to follow this  
Mlodj

The 2020 Corona Thread

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

Yeah, they still think it was a hoax to get Trump out of office.  That lot is not very bright.

I don't think it's a hoax.  But CNN's coverage has been nauseating.  They are the worst of the cable news networks, which is saying a lot.  I would not know anything about them at all, but they are a default station on at my work, so I have to see it.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jsvand12 said:

Down here  in FL the distribution is a mess. Every county has a different system. In my county they open up registrations which get filled in minutes and then they won’t even allow you to register until more doses show up. I can’t understand why they can’t just allow everyone that is eligible to sign up for a list and then contact you when your dose is available. Right now you have people scrambling to find a county to get the vaccine and it is a cluster. My dad actually managed to get an appointment option at the grocery store offering it in FL. Only problem is that all of them were filled in his county and the only option was at a store 7 hours away.

I can.

download.jpeg

Just now, Green Dog said:

I can.

download.jpeg

Ha. Yea, he’s not the brightest. At least our last governor was smart. He was a criminal, but he was smart.

1 hour ago, xzmattzx said:

I don't think it's a hoax.  But CNN's coverage has been nauseating.  They are the worst of the cable news networks, which is saying a lot.  I would not know anything about them at all, but they are a default station on at my work, so I have to see it.

Nauseating?  As in, you're sick of hearing about all these people dying?

Or are you just tired of seeing all the hospital and health care workers begging for help?  Like you can do anything about it.

1 hour ago, Green Dog said:

Nauseating?  As in, you're sick of hearing about all these people dying?

Or are you just tired of seeing all the hospital and health care workers begging for help?  Like you can do anything about it.

I'm sick of hearing about it just like you want to hear about it

8 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

Thankfully, you're about to see wall-to-wall coverage of a great American president rescue our beloved nation from the depths of despair caused by the worst American president in history. You're about to witness so much winning, you won't even remember how to spell coronavirus.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Thankfully, you're about to see wall-to-wall coverage of a great American president rescue our beloved nation from the depths of despair caused by the worst American president in history. You're about to witness so much winning, you won't even remember how to spell coronavirus.

I'm sure Fox News will be covering Biden ad nauseam

Well the second shot was definitely a ****. Last night sucked. Laid in bed shivering from like 10-4am. Then I woke up at 530 sweating. Seems better now. Just every muscle in my body is sore from shaking I think. I took enough Tylenol and Motrin to kill a small elephant though so I’m hoping it doesn’t come back after that wears off. Seems that everyone here that got the second dose yesterday had similar issues. Quite a few called out sick today. Mostly whiny millennials though so it’s to be expected. 

12 minutes ago, Jsvand12 said:

Well the second shot was definitely a ****. Last night sucked. Laid in bed shivering from like 10-4am. Then I woke up at 530 sweating. Seems better now. Just every muscle in my body is sore from shaking I think. I took enough Tylenol and Motrin to kill a small elephant though so I’m hoping it doesn’t come back after that wears off. Seems that everyone here that got the second dose yesterday had similar issues. Quite a few called out sick today. Mostly whiny millennials though so it’s to be expected. 

Damn, bro. I didn't get one and I feel great. Hope things pick up for you.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Damn, bro. I didn't get one and I feel great. Hope things pick up for you.

It’s ok. I’ll be fine by the end of the day. Wheeled 3 to the morgue yesterday. They probably wished they could have got the vaccine. 

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, Jsvand12 said:

In a previous post....I mentioned my GF just got her first shot on Sunday....we had Covid 3 weeks ago and she actually felt worse from the shot yesterday than when she had Covid.  She is feeling a bit better today but that shot definitely knocked her around.  

Just now, NYEagle said:

In a previous post....I mentioned my GF just got her first shot on Sunday....we had Covid 3 weeks ago and she actually felt worse from the shot yesterday than when she had Covid.  She is feeling a bit better today but that shot definitely knocked her around.  

I assume it’s because when I got the first shot I didn’t have any antibodies built up so I didn’t feel side effects from it. Then when I got the second shot my body was ready to try to fight it which caused the shivering and fever.

9 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

Um, no, I do not want to hear more about one of the deadliest pandemics in our history that's killed millions.

:wacko:

• Like 1

Just now, Green Dog said:

Um, no, I do not want to hear more about one of the deadliest pandemics in our history that's killed millions.

:wacko:

It's like racism, if we all just stop talking about it, it will go away. Everyone knows this.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

It's like racism, if we all just stop talking about it, it will go away. Everyone knows this.

The warm weather this summer will kill it.....

1 minute ago, barho said:

The warm weather this summer will kill it.....

That was a fun one. Stated while warm weather countries were seeing their own cases rise. 

• Like 1

It sounds like Pennsylvania is starting to see a small decline in total cases this week. 

As for my Dad and cancer....he's been doing radiation and chemo the past two weeks. He feels good, but tired. He's been sleeping great. No one is allowed in the house. Mask or not.

• Like 2

I guess if nothing else, the last 4 years has really brought the collective stupidity of America to the forefront.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jsvand12 said:

Taking tylenol/advil/motrin after getting the shot decreases it's effectiveness per a report I heard just last night on KYW 1060. 

I've noticed a pattern - most of the people queefing in this thread about 'rona and how scared they are of it have the majority of the posts in the gamers forum.

I guess if I spent all my time indoors playing video games and ingesting Doritos and Mountain Dew I'd probably be afraid too :roll: 

Fat Guy Playing HD Stock Images | Shutterstock

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good god, stupidity running rampant.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I've noticed a pattern - most of the people queefing in this thread about 'rona and how scared they are of it have the majority of the posts in the gamers forum.

I guess if I spent all my time indoors playing video games and ingesting Doritos and Mountain Dew I'd probably be afraid too :roll: 

Fat Guy Playing HD Stock Images | Shutterstock

Says the guy with 5,000 + posts on an internet message board.

If you're on this message board posting, you sir are a dork like all of us.

• Thanks 1

How many of you nerds double mask?

Hey that Elephant?