Sign in to follow this  
Mlodj

The 2020 Corona Thread

Just now, mikemack8 said:

The grown ups are talking - don't you have some Xbox to play?

I usually play at night after the wife goes to sleep. Hard to get much gaming in during the day. Would if I could though.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

I already laid it out for you. 

No, you didn't. The Swedish model is a failure. You keep saying there are good parts about it.

You never once bring up why you think this failed approach is working. You never once make any allowance for the fact that it is not.

What part of the Swedish approach is effective against the pandemic?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

As I stated earlier - they are just getting their excuse out there to mitigate the backlash in the event that they don't hit the 100 million in 100 days number that was promised.  The soy boys in here will cry BUT TRUMP for a minimum of at least another 1-2 years, however.  

new york jets cant wait GIF by NFL

Wrong. He's gonna run again in 2024, so buckle up for at least another 4 years of mean things said about your hero. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Toastrel said:

No, you didn't. The Swedish model is a failure. You keep saying there are good parts about it.

You never once bring up why you think this failed approach is working. You never once make any allowance for the fact that it is not.

What part of the Swedish approach is effective against the pandemic?

If you don't know the difference between a plan and the execution of a plan there isn't much more for us to discuss on the topic.

If you read my posts in the last couple pages I've explained multiple times what isn't working and why.  Good day sir!

21 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

If you don't know the difference between a plan and the execution of a plan there isn't much more for us to discuss on the topic.

If you read my posts in the last couple pages I've explained multiple times what isn't working and why.  Good day sir!

I have read them, and the reason that myself, and others keep asking, is because you do not explain.

But yes, good day. I don't what what your game is, but I do know I have no interest in playing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

As I stated earlier - they are just getting their excuse out there to mitigate the backlash in the event that they don't hit the 100 million in 100 days number that was promised.  The soy boys in here will cry BUT TRUMP for a minimum of at least another 1-2 years, however.  

new york jets cant wait GIF by NFL

Just to add to the conversation though...do you believe the Trump administration had a solid plan in place to distribute the vaccine or no?

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I usually play at night after the wife goes to sleep. Hard to get much gaming in during the day. Would if I could though.

Same.  Trying not to drink in front of the wife much since she can't partake so 10-11 pm is my XBox and whiskey time. Do you man.

Just now, DEagle7 said:

Same.  Trying not to drink in front of the wife much since she can't partake so 10-11 pm is my XBox and whiskey time. 

During 2nd trimester my wife has been crazy tired. She basically goes to sleep at 830 every night. So anytime after that for me is TV and xbox time. It's been nice. Especially since we both work from home and spend every waking second together now anyway.

4 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

During 2nd trimester my wife has been crazy tired. She basically goes to sleep at 830 every night. So anytime after that for me is TV and xbox time. It's been nice. Especially since we both work from home and spend every waking second together now anyway.

Mine was super tired early first trimester but coming out of it so less alone time for me now. You find out the sex yet?

2 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Mine was super tired early first trimester but coming out of it so less alone time for me now. You find out the sex yet?

Yeah so she's energized and her normal self during the day but just goes to bed early AF. First trimester she was just exhausted all the time during the day too.

Yup having a girl at the end of May. I would have waited to find out but my wife hates surprises she wouldn't have been able to hold out haha. We found out super early. How bout you?

Had our last ultrasound last week, everything's looking good and all tests came back good so I'm just happy everyone's healthy so far. This is our first, I didn't really have a preference for boy or girl. It's been weird having to facetime for every appointment since I'm not allowed in but what can you do. 

3 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Yeah so she's energized and her normal self during the day but just goes to bed early AF. First trimester she was just exhausted all the time during the day too.

Yup having a girl at the end of May. I would have waited to find out but my wife hates surprises she wouldn't have been able to hold out haha. We found out super early. How bout you?

Had our last ultrasound last week, everything's looking good and all tests came back good so I'm just happy everyone's healthy so far. This is our first, I didn't really have a preference for boy or girl. It's been weird having to facetime for every appointment since I'm not allowed in but what can you do. 

Yeah we did the same.  Wife is an OBGYN so she's scanning herself occasionally at work so she knew she'd find out at some point regardless so no point in keeping it a secret.  We got boy. Didn't have much of a preference outside of not having a much harder time thinking of boy names that don't suck.

Not being able to be there for the scans is pretty frustrating but facetiming/filming the ultrasounds helps. Knowing the sex makes it much more real.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Yeah we did the same.  Wife is an OBGYN so she's scanning herself occasionally at work so she knew she'd find out at some point regardless so no point in keeping it a secret.  We got boy. Didn't have much of a preference outside of not having a much harder time thinking of boy names that don't suck.

Not being able to be there for the scans is pretty frustrating but facetiming/filming the ultrasounds helps. Knowing the sex makes it much more real.

That's funny, we were having the hardest time coming up with boy names we liked, seemed much easier for us to pick girl names. Also we have told minimal people the name, people's opinions on names are so annoying.

Yeah def makes it real. Seeing the anatomy scan last week and seeing her kicking around in there and looking like an actual human now has made it super real. I've been doing a lot of reading and organizing crap around the house since then lol. I'm glad I work from home and my job isn't super demanding right now so I've been able get a ton of stuff done during the days.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

That's funny, we were having the hardest time coming up with boy names we liked, seemed much easier for us to pick girl names. Also we have told minimal people the name, people's opinions on names are so annoying.

Yeah def makes it real. Seeing the anatomy scan last week and seeing her kicking around in there and looking like an actual human now has made it super real. I've been doing a lot of reading and organizing crap around the house since then lol. I'm glad I work from home and my job isn't super demanding right now so I've been able get a ton of stuff done during the days.

We didn't find out the sex (my daughter turned 12 this past Saturday) - it was exciting for us not knowing.  As luck would have it, we were in agreement on a girl's name but not at all on a boy's name :lol: 

• Like 1

lmao

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I'd recommend Emily Oster's "Expecting Better" about pregnancy and "Crib sheet" about newborns. Good information on fact vs myth of pregnancy/kids and synthesis of the data. No mommy blog crap. 

And fully agree we're not telling anyone our names until the kid is out and it's too late for them to talk trash. No one needs that negativity, picking one out is stressful enough. 

• Like 1

We didn't tell anyone the name, but we did find out the sex and told people so that they could buy more gender specific gifts for the baby shower if they wanted to.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

We didn't tell anyone the name, but we did find out the sex and told people so that they could buy more gender specific gifts for the baby shower if they wanted to.

See that's the only reason we almost didn't tell people the sex.  Didn't want any princess/fairy gear etc if it was a girl.  It's a baby ain't nobody got time for that crap. Kids gonna wear a burlap sack until they can talk hopefully.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lmao Fauci said during this press conference that one of the new things with this administration is that if you don’t know the answer to something you don’t just guess. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Sweden’s plan was and is a failure!!!!

8 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Sooooooooo surprised 

Report: Biden Admin Discovers Trump Had Zero Plans For COVID Vaccine Distribution

As they were settling into the White House on Wednesday, Biden administration officials were reportedly stunned to discover that President Joe Biden’s predecessor didn’t have a plan with regards to distributing the COVID-19 vaccine.A source told CNN on Thursday morning that the new administration will "have to build everything from scratch” thanks to former President Donald Trump’s reported lack of strategy with the vaccine rollout.

"There is nothing for us to rework,” they said.

Biden will have to start from "square one,” said another source, who called Trump’s nonexistent distribution plan "just further affirmation of complete incompetence

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/report-biden-admin-discovers-trump-had-zero-plans-for-covid-vaccine-distribution

Fake news.  Fauci said today they are not starting from scratch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

That's awesome!  Ha that's funny about the names.  We had a girl named picked out instantly, and then turns out we were having a boy.   We didn't settle on a name until like a month or two before his was born.  

9 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

The scientific evidence that masks are effective in reducing the spread is overwhelming. 

There

Is

No

Debate

The scientific evidence shows boys have a "P & XY" and girls have a "V & XX".  There is no debate.

7 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

We got boy.  Knowing the sex makes it much more real.

Congratulations on the XY!

30 minutes ago, NVeagle said:

The scientific evidence shows boys have a "P & XY" and girls have a "V & XX".  There is no debate.

One of the more bizarre non-sequiturs I've seen on here. Good job.

Mom and dad got their first dose this week. No underlying conditions, but both over 70 and PA residents. Make sure your parents get an appointment. 

• Like 2