Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mlodj

The 2020 Corona Thread

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

These people are completely dug in, and the one thing they fear more than anything is being wrong and admitting fault.

Then you'll never stop it until it gets to natural herd immunity. There are only two paths.  One is natural herd immunity and the other is vaccine.  You're halfway there right now with the vaccine.  Put in the incentives and project "vaccine good/safe" until the cows come home.  Let Darwin do the rest if that is necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Then you'll never stop it until it gets to natural herd immunity. There are only two paths.  One is natural herd immunity and the other is vaccine.  You're halfway there right now with the vaccine.  Put in the incentives and project "vaccine good/safe" until the cows come home.  Let Darwin do the rest if that is necessary.

I mean, yeah.  Except the rest of us are effected by it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Then you'll never stop it until it gets to natural herd immunity. There are only two paths.  One is natural herd immunity and the other is vaccine.  You're halfway there right now with the vaccine.  Put in the incentives and project "vaccine good/safe" until the cows come home.  Let Darwin do the rest if that is necessary.

Sadly, the Darwinian approach results in dead innocents. That seems to be okay with a lot of people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I mean, yeah.  Except the rest of us are effected by it.

You're vaccinated and you are safe (with due respect that there are some with special underlying conditions).  For some locale it may be a temporary necessity to protect a hospital as I've written about 4x already in here.  Otherwise, full focus on the vaccine until such time as the science changes and the numbers tell us something different from what they tell us today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

uncle joe wants states to give folks $100 for getting the vaccine.  so i might get it a couple more time$.  😎

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Toastrel said:

 

Sadly, the Darwinian approach results in dead innocents. That seems to be okay with a lot of people.

Not ok but yes it is true some additional innocents would die as a result.  No goal for any policy is ever zero.  There is always collateral damage on some level.  Just as JohnSnow stated yesterday, I have full respect and compassion for each individual case but we can't cover everything for everyone in every scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DrPhilly said:

Not ok but yes it is true some additional innocents would die as a result.  No goal for any policy is ever zero.  There is always collateral damage on some level.  Just as JohnSnow stated yesterday, I have full respect and compassion for each individual case but we can't cover everything for everyone in every scenario.

Sure, so we let people die because we don't want to inconvenience people. Sure, sound policy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

You're vaccinated and you are safe (with due respect that there are some with special underlying conditions).  For some locale it may be a temporary necessity to protect a hospital as I've written about 4x already in here.  Otherwise, full focus on the vaccine until such time as the science changes and the numbers tell us something different from what they tell us today.

If someone in my family has to go to the hospital for something other than Covid and it’s full of Covid patients then it impacts me.  If there’s an outbreak at my kids school then it impacts me.  Etc.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I just got my first shot of Pfizer about 20 mins ago, I caught a nasty stomach bug last week that knocked me down for a day or two,but I can’t lie,it scared me enough to make an appointment 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brianfive said:

Well I just got my first shot of Pfizer about 20 mins ago, I caught a nasty stomach bug last week that knocked me down for a day or two,but I can’t lie,it scared me enough to make an appointment 🤷‍♂️

Congratulations! Welcome to the club! Better late than never. Make sure to go back for the second dose to get the full effect: So you can pick up 5G signals and stick car keys to your head! :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Toastrel said:

Sure, so we let people die because we don't want to inconvenience people. Sure, sound policy.

Yes. YES!

We let morons suffer the consequences of their bad decisions. We have to stop enabling stupidity by protecting imbeciles from negative consequences.

No vaccine? No insurance coverage if you get COVID. No getting on an airplane. No going to government buildings. No transfer payments (welfare, food stamps, Medicare, Medicaid). Allow businesses to demand proof of vaccination. None of this is Unconstitutional and it is the only way. Morons won't be convinced by please to do the right thing or $100. Let them get COVID and have the hospital refuse to admit them, while their welfare and food stamps get stopped. Vax rates will be 95% in no time.

12 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

If someone in my family has to go to the hospital for something other than Covid and it’s full of Covid patients then it impacts me.  If there’s an outbreak at my kids school then it impacts me.  Etc.

Don't treat unvaccinated morons. Hospitals are empty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

Yes. YES!

We let morons suffer the consequences of their bad decisions. We have to stop enabling stupidity by protecting imbeciles from negative consequences.

No vaccine? No insurance coverage if you get COVID. No getting on an airplane. No going to government buildings. No transfer payments (welfare, food stamps, Medicare, Medicaid). Allow businesses to demand proof of vaccination. None of this is Unconstitutional and it is the only way. Morons won't be convinced by please to do the right thing or $100. Let them get COVID and have the hospital refuse to admit them, while their welfare and food stamps get stopped. Vax rates will be 95% in no time.

The innocents are people, who through no fault of their own, are susceptible to the disease, but unable to take the vaccine for medical reasons.

I am not talking about the nitwits and idiots. You are bloodthirsty bunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe we will see a lot more vaccine mandates once they get full FDA approval - to travel, to do business, to go to work, to enroll in school... There is no easer time to get vaccinated than now! Beat the rush! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Toastrel said:

The innocents are people, who through no fault of their own, are susceptible to the disease, but unable to take the vaccine for medical reasons.

I am not talking about the nitwits and idiots. You are bloodthirsty bunch.

If we get more people vaccinated, then I am helping them. I feel bad for those that can't take the vaccine, and kids who aren't eligible yet. They need to keep masking and distancing. I'm OK to keep masking for a little while as Delta peaks. 

But we can't keep doing this thinking morons will wake up one day and have added 40 IQ points. We need to put the screws to them NOW.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If businesses and employers start enforcing people to show their vaccine card, then we can start moving in the right direction.

 

It's a start, but it will be pretty easy to evade. First of all, if I need to carry that original card anywhere, there needs to be a way for me to quickly replace it in the event it is lost or damaged. As of now, I don't take that thing anywhere and have it locked in a firesafe box, along with my birth certificate, S.S. card, etc. In the event that a photocopy is acceptible, then it becomes way too easy to counterfeit or distribute to unvaccinated people. The only way to make it work is a national registry that can be easily accessed by businesses and employers, which would be a whole other can of worms because, ya know, "muh freedums!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EaglesRocker97 said:

 

It's a start, but it will be pretty easy to evade. First of all, if I need to carry that original card anywhere, there needs to be a way for me to replace it. As of now, I don't take that thing anywhere and have it locked in a firesafe box, along with my birth certificate, S.S. card, etc. In the event that a photocopy is acceptible, then it becomes way too easy to counterfeit or distribute to unvaccinated people. The only way to make it work is a national registry, which would be a whole other can of worms because, ya know, "muh freedums!!"

I mean...they already have the data for the registry. NY has a passport. CA has a half-assed one. The took the info of every person who got vaccinated. Google could create this app in a weekend. There's just not the will to suffer the blowback from the Trumpers. 

Newsflash Joe -- anyone who isn't vaccinated at this point (who is eligible) isn't voting Democrat...ever. Who cares if they get mad.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

But we can't keep doing this thinking morons will wake up one day and have added 40 IQ points. We need to put the screws to them NOW.

They don't even get it on their death bed

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, toolg said:

Yes, vaccination protects against serious illness, which is great! But the vaccinated are still going to spread the virus. As long as it spreads it may mutate, perhaps causing our vaccines to be less effective, requiring us to get even more boosters... Masking helps control the spread. It's safe, it's easy to do, and it's effective. It works if we're all in it together.

Yeah, long term, we'll still absolutely need to tamp down transmission. As you said, this is where variant targeted boosters come into play. Until the delta targeted booster is approved, I'll likely be wearing a mask indoors while case numbers are high.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

I mean...they already have the data for the registry. NY has a passport. CA has a half-assed one. The took the info of every person who got vaccinated. Google could create this app in a weekend. There's just not the will to suffer the blowback from the Trumpers. 

Newsflash Joe -- anyone who isn't vaccinated at this point (who is eligible) isn't voting Democrat...ever. Who cares if they get mad.

 

I'm with you, but ultimately, I think it will end up in litigation, and SCOTUS would seem to be anything but amenable to it, either in the form of a mandate or legislation. The latter route would probably be the most effective, but it couldn't be passed until 2022 at the earliest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocking, they would rather be a strain on our country than do the right thing.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They don't even get it on their death bed

 

They. Cant. Be. Wrong. About. Anything. Ever. They. Are. Mentally. Weak. Emotionally. Insecure. Children.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

 

Unvaccinated people are braindead morons who are likely to remain unvaccinated in any circumstance, and they are the main reason why everyone needs to go back to wearing masks in the first place. If the options are "wear a mask to limit the spread" or "protect unvaccinated people's feelings," I'll choose the former. I know what you're trying to say here, but I don't think keeping our masks off is going to do one iota of convincing unvaccinated morons to give up their incredibly stupid positions if they haven't already. It will just encourage the evolution of the virus.

Yeah I think at this point, there's maybe 5% more of the total pop we can squeeze out of the fence sitters based on rhetoric alone. After that, I'm guessing they're all long-term holdouts that won't budge until they have to for their job, or for school, or to travel, etc.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Yeah I think at this point, there's maybe 5% more of the total pop we can squeeze out of the fence sitters based on rhetoric alone. After that, I'm guessing they're all long-term holdouts that won't budge until they have to for their job, or for school, or to travel, etc.

Have meth dealers start requiring proof of vaccination...problem solved overnight.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Then you'll never stop it until it gets to natural herd immunity. There are only two paths.  One is natural herd immunity and the other is vaccine.  You're halfway there right now with the vaccine.  Put in the incentives and project "vaccine good/safe" until the cows come home.  Let Darwin do the rest if that is necessary.

This phrase doesn't make much sense now that we have vaccines. There is only general herd immunity that will always include a combination of vaccine induced immunity and infection induced immunity. And the massive disparities between states and regions now mean we can't really refer to it as a blanket statement for the entire country any time soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Don't treat unvaccinated morons. Hospitals are empty.

To be honest I’m not a fan of this approach either. This is a really tough time to be Dave Moss.  Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...