Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dungaroo

Aaron Rodgers (Packers QB) -- Potential Trade?

Recommended Posts

We’re starting rebuild mode next year when we have some cap room again. It’d make no sense to sabotage that by taking on a massive QB contract while we still have Carson on our books. Hurts isn’t just the QB because we spent a 2 on him, he’s the QB because we can’t afford better.

 

Plus GB has a better roster than us, I don’t think A-rod is looking to get traded to a worse team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We barely have money to sign our draft picks and people think we are going to trade for Rodgers. Funny stuff.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Since when did we have $30+ million in cap space.

This.

@ OP:  Try asking this same question next offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Howie is gonna go all in for someone it's going to be Watson. Rodgers doesn't fit our timeline.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

If Howie is gonna go all in for someone it's going to be Watson. Rodgers doesn't fit our timeline.

Agreed. And I know he loves Wilson but I'm not sure he'd go for Wilson either. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

If Howie is gonna go all in for someone it's going to be Watson. Rodgers doesn't fit our timeline.

I don't want Watson on our team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

I don't want Watson on our team.

Don’t think Lowie’s gonna care, people didn’t want Vick either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No thanks.  I can't stand him and I don't want another old ass team making dumb choices to squeeze out a shrinking playoff window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Watson ends up in Denver, yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he were 6 or 7 years younger I might be tempted, but he's too old to make it worth what it would take to get him in a trade.

Signing him now is gonna be like the soccer team that signs Lionel Messi next, you'll see the odd flash of the old magic, but leaving the club he called home his whole career will have taken something fundamental out of him.

Brady could do it because it's always been about Tom Brady for him and he could see another ring.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

If he were 6 or 7 years younger I might be tempted, but he's too old to make it worth what it would take to get him in a trade.

Thing is as well... You trade for him and you give away all your future assets for the next few years. Having Rodgers isn't enough as the Packers have shown us for over a decade now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Thing is as well... You trade for him and you give away all your future assets for the next few years. Having Rodgers isn't enough as the Packers have shown us for over a decade now. 

I only said might, my view on blockbuster trades remains don't do it, the NFL is littered with trades for multiple day one picks that didn't work at all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I only said might, my view on blockbuster trades remains don't do it, the NFL is littered with trades for multiple day one picks that didn't work at all. 

I agree with you there bud. Look if you have a team that looks like it is a stud QB short then go for it... Go and get it during that window. But few teams are in that position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, we should go after him every time we play him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2021 at 2:04 AM, D-Shiznit said:

If Howie is gonna go all in for someone it's going to be Watson. Rodgers doesn't fit our timeline.

Rodgers is to old & Watson has to many off the field legal problems .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. I would rather they keep their picks, and trade down and acquire more picks. Aaron Rodgers isn’t going to make this team good enough to win anything. The Eagles need more talent. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

No. I would rather they keep their picks, and trade down and acquire more picks. Aaron Rodgers isn’t going to make this team good enough to win anything. The Eagles need more talent. 

Rodgers would probably make this a play off team but nothing more. So ultimately the trade wouldn't be worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Rodgers would probably make this a play off team but nothing more. So ultimately the trade wouldn't be worth it. 

He turns a 4-6 win team into a 7-9 win team maybe. It’s hard to say considering how bad this defense has been lately. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He turns a 4-6 win team into a 7-9 win team maybe. It’s hard to say considering how bad this defense has been lately. 

I think they probably win the SF game with Rodgers (based on how the game unfolded) so they'd be 2-2 right now. But yeah he's not transforming this team completely. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

No. I would rather they keep their picks, and trade down and acquire more picks. Aaron Rodgers isn’t going to make this team good enough to win anything. The Eagles need more talent. 

Having potentially 3 first rd picks next April, Howie is just licking his chops thinking how he is going to screw those up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Having potentially 3 first rd picks next April, Howie is just licking his chops thinking how he is going to screw those up!

All I can do is hope that Howie having multiple picks gives him a better chance of at least hitting on one of those players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

All I can do is hope that Howie having multiple picks gives him a better chance of at least hitting on one of those players. 

Nothing will get this team back to the top than a 33% hit rate on high picks.  Then again, that seems to be about his regular rate.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...