Aaron Rodgers (Packers QB) -- NEW DEAL WITH GREEN BAY

Dungaroo

No. And I’m a big Rodgers fan, but I don’t see this team being ready right now, and Rodgers, ( or Wilson) are "win now” QBs. Let’s see what Hurts has, and if it isn’t him, let’s find and develop our own. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dungaroo said:

I say - why not? You?

You've started this thread with a response that doesn't at all consider what you would have to give up to do this.

Ask yourself the same question, and attach a REASONABLE trade demand from Green Bay.  I would think you would have to give up, AT MINIMUM, TWO 1st rounders, and several starting players....not that I'm sure we have many of those that Green Bay would covet.

NOW, would you do this?

I'd easily give up a 1st and a 2nd next year... or if need be 2 firsts. 

And they can have Hurts. JP, Alshon, Djax , Brooks and any other always injured players they want. :roll:

Seriously, I would give up 2 firsts for a 5 year contract with Rodgers....

We just dont have the cap room for him. 

• Like 1

Ertz and Hargrave / Cox? Does that work money wise under the cap? 

22 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

^^ This.  We could make it work, but why?

We need to re-build.

I'd love to have him here, but he makes no sense.  We're in a re-build mode.  We don't need old, high priced talent.  We need to jettison everybody over the age of 30, get rid of their dead cap hit, and let young players have their time.  We won't be able to compete until maybe 2-3 years from now if everything goes well. 

He's at least got 5 years left. I'd love to get him but there's no way he'd come here. He doesn't like what the GM in GB is doing. He's not going to like what Howie is doing

• Like 1

I can't see Arodge wanting to come here considering we look to be 1-2 years away from really competing and him already being 37. The timeline just doesnt match. 

Deshaun Watson (pending his legal issues) or Russell Wilson fit that timeline much better.

Now hopefully Hurts takes a big step forward this year and all this QB talk gets settled. Hurts becoming the franchise QB is the quickest way to turn things around. It would give us a cheap starting QB for a couple years and allow us to rebuild this team in a hurry with all those early round picks next year. 

1 hour ago, Dungaroo said:

I say - why not? You?

If we need to give you the reasons on why not then you really don;t understand much about the Eagles, the NFL or football in general. Please go back to playing madden. It;s safer. 

2 hours ago, Ipiggles said:

I'd easily give up a 1st and a 2nd next year... or if need be 2 firsts. 

And they can have Hurts. JP, Alshon, Djax , Brooks and any other always injured players they want. :roll:

Seriously, I would give up 2 firsts for a 5 year contract with Rodgers....

How nice of you to trade so many players not even on the team. 

• Haha 1

Yes, shouldn't even be a question. Would make the whole team better and develop the offensive skill position players.

If hate to give up a package similar to what SF offered for a 38 year old. 

It's a no for me. 

Assuming that Carson plays the required amount of time, we'll have three 1st round picks in 2022. Do we really want to give up one (or even two) of those on a QB who's entering his 17th year in the league?

I'm not saying 'no', but I'm also not saying 'yes'. Since I don't follow college football at all, I have no idea who's coming out in 2022. Are there any potential 'franchise' QB's that we could land? I'd much rather have a QB who can play for 17 years for us rather than a 17th year veteran QB.

But, if that 17 year Vet can bring us a Lombardi in 2021, it would be worth giving up what we'd have to give up. If he could bring us multiple Lombardi's, then it'd be worth giving up multiple 1st round picks. But can Rodgers do that?

What if his condition were firing Howie?

tenor (2).gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, b_west3 said:

How nice of you to trade so many players not even on the team. 

They can have whomever they wanted.  I'd take Rodgers. 

Unfortunately, the Eagles aren’t in the proper phase of development right now to have a realistic shot at Rodgers.

It looks like we’re in the "when Rodgers and Stafford get old we could be in good shape” phase.

Trying to think of a team that he could take over the top like Brady did with the Bucs...ideally that is the situation he is probably looking for...just not sure which team that might be

17 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

Trying to think of a team that he could take over the top like Brady did with the Bucs...ideally that is the situation he is probably looking for...just not sure which team that might be

Saints. 

F Rodgers ... let's go after Mahomes!  :excited:

• Haha 2

We’re starting rebuild mode next year when we have some cap room again. It’d make no sense to sabotage that by taking on a massive QB contract while we still have Carson on our books. Hurts isn’t just the QB because we spent a 2 on him, he’s the QB because we can’t afford better.

Plus GB has a better roster than us, I don’t think A-rod is looking to get traded to a worse team.