**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Discuss all things Sixers.  For those of us who follow the team.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Discuss all things Sixers.  For those of us who follow the team.  

Damn, I came into here to make this comment but you beat me to it.

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Are you going to be a whiny know it all here too?

It's only fitting.

Nah I don't want thread creating responsibilities.  I like to coast with no responsibility. 

Nice.

Heard the Sixers reported that if the league were going fwd at any time, Ben should be back pain and issue free.

Problem is, how fat do you think Embid is by now?  I'm guessing what....400 pounds??

• Like 2

yeah, I see them getting bounced in the 1st round if the nba decides to go straight to the playoffs. 

Same old Sixers

"Some people put so much emphasis on it," Simmons said of his shot. "It's a little too much. It made me back check and say, 'Let me focus on what I'm good at.' There are things I do on the court where nobody can stop me, when I'm putting up steals, assists, scoring in the paint.

"I know it's going to come. It's a matter of me being comfortable doing it," Simmons continued. "Some of that is getting the reps in. I can take a hook shot from the elbow, because I've done it so many times, I'm confident it will go in. It's second nature. With 3s, it's never been like that. I've got to make it a point of emphasis. I could be one of those guys shooting 30 percent right now. But I'd rather be one of those guys shooting 40 percent. " 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/76ers-ben-simmons-confident-he-will-develop-an-effective-shooting-game-i-know-its-going-to-come/amp/

7 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

But how about respiratory system?

That will be Embiid. He has that problem every year without the virus

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unless the Sixers can lure another superstar to join them, they're probably not winning any titles. Like him or hate him, Hinkie's plan was to collect 4 or 5 of those types to create a dominant team, and the NBA killed the plan and forced the 76ers to dump him. Well, they got 2 potential superstars but that won't be enough. The current GM hasn't been very good.

They are another typical Philly sports team...contenders for years, but not likely to be champs. 

JJ Redick in a recent podcast or interview pretty much blamed Brand and not Brown. But JJ has always loved Brown. 

They both failed,  and the article I posted a few posts up is another glaring example of Brown's failure,  and Ben's lack of self motivation to play basketball. 

13 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

The longer Brown and Ben are together the more they ruin each other's careers.

This is yet another pathetic story. 

https://www.phillyvoice.com/sixers-brett-brown-discussed-benching-ben-simmons-not-shooting-threes/

Ben is so scared to do something that he isn’t great at.  Not realizing that he never will be great at it if he doesn’t start doing it in games. 

And BB has no backbone. If he contemplated benching him for not shooting threes, that tells me he has told him time and time again to shoot them. And yet he still doesn’t... coach needs to hold him accountable for not listening to him. 

On 4/22/2020 at 10:38 AM, nipples said:

Ben is so scared to do something that he isn’t great at.  Not realizing that he never will be great at it if he doesn’t start doing it in games. 

And BB has no backbone. If he contemplated benching him for not shooting threes, that tells me he has told him time and time again to shoot them. And yet he still doesn’t... coach needs to hold him accountable for not listening to him. 

brown talking to ben's mommy & daddy about it tells me all i need to know.  :nonono:  he's way too soft on ben. 

7 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

brown talking to ben's mommy & daddy about it tells me all i need to know.  :nonono:  he's way too soft on ben. 

Ben reminds me of the type of player to then cry for a trade because the coach is to hard on him. 

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ben reminds me of the type of player to then cry for a trade because the coach is to hard on him. 

Ben says he needs that. 

39 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ben says he needs that. 

Yeah he says that now. I don't understand how a professional athlete can not motivate himself to accomplish those things. 

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah he says that now. I don't understand how a professional athlete can not motivate himself to accomplish those things. 

yeah... I dont either, but Ben is certainly not the 1st. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Speaking of which, since my last post about it, Embid went from 400 pounds to 500!!

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

That won't be Philly

So Marc Eversely is headed to Chicago. Will this change our drafting around? One would only hope.

20 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

So Marc Eversely is headed to Chicago. Will this change our drafting around? One would only hope.

Really? I didnt realize our drafting was bad.