**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Portland voted no

18 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It a team is within 4 games of the 8th seed they will have a play in but the 9th seed will have to win twice to get in. 

I wonder how they will figure out the rest of the regular season schedule 

I read yesterday you play your remaining schedule and skip any game scheduled against a team that isn't there. Not sure if that was final.

I'm sure Simmons has done nothing but work on the 3 pointer since the league was suspended - wait till he comes back raining bombs baby!!

• Like 1

Is so much to unpack but good on Silver and the NBA for getting this done first. 

I do wish they would have experimented with group stage. Would have been a lot more fun to watch in my opinion 

So regarding the OKC pick, it looks like OKCs 8 games will be the Jazz, Wizards, Grizzlies, Heat, Nuggets, Suns, then both LA teams.  

The pessimist in me is certain we are losing that pick.

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Is so much to unpack but good on Silver and the NBA for getting this done first. 

I do wish they would have experimented with group stage. Would have been a lot more fun to watch in my opinion 

woulda loved the world cup style format with group stage.

How much you wanna bet that somehow in the 8 game regular season, the 6ers lost that OKC 1st round pick, and also get bounced in round 1 of playoffs?

On 6/3/2020 at 3:59 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Great for NBA.  Again. Believe it when I see it.  EPL?  I suppose that’s soccer?  I’d rather watch Dr Phil than that garbage.  

Yes, the English Premier League.

Honestly, it'll be better than most NBA playoff games. The highlight of that lineup is the NHL.

1 hour ago, TEW said:

Yes, the English Premier League.

Honestly, it'll be better than most NBA playoff games. The highlight of that lineup is the NHL.

Smoke less crack...

13 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

woulda loved the world cup style format with group stage.

How much you wanna bet that somehow in the 8 game regular season, the 6ers lost that OKC 1st round pick, and also get bounced in round 1 of playoffs?

Make no mistake...this is absolutely going to happen....

Would anyone even feel that great about it if the Sixers somehow did get on a run and win it all this year? Would be a huge asterisk. 

3 minutes ago, nipples said:

Would anyone even feel that great about it if the Sixers somehow did get on a run and win it all this year? Would be a huge asterisk. 

i think the playoffs are going to be "normal"...aren't they?  i'm sure i'll get caught up in it once the games start & would be f'n ecstatic if the sixers somehow won it. 

it's not like the decided to pick the nba champion out of a hat. :lol: 

On 6/3/2020 at 8:08 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Wojo confirmed it this morning. That is good enough for me 

EZnEwgjXQAUoESv.jpeg

BTW, New Orleans is a sleeper baby

21 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i think the playoffs are going to be "normal"...aren't they?  i'm sure i'll get caught up in it once the games start & would be f'n ecstatic if the sixers somehow won it. 

This is where I am too.  I'm not excited that it's resuming but once it's on, I'll get caught up in it.  

I think the asterisk thing is kind of overblown.  The Redskins have 2 championships from strike shortened seasons, including one where 3 games were played by scab players, and it almost never gets mentioned.

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

Yeah I get that, and if it happened I’m sure I’d be thrilled. Just feels like it would be less meaningful in a shortened season. 

I didn't really read up on the format, but for the teams not in the running, is there any incentive for them to actually try or will it just be one big tankfest?

3 minutes ago, rambo said:

I didn't really read up on the format, but for the teams not in the running, is there any incentive for them to actually try or will it just be one big tankfest?

the tanked teams are finished.  only the top 22 teams are playing more games & then playoffs.

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

the tanked teams are finished.  only the top 22 teams are playing more games & then playoffs.

That makes sense.  It would be funny to watch how they try to lose though.  Even though we lived it for 3-4 years.

I have to say... The Last Dance documentary has turned me to a Bulls fan. In my defense I was never really on the Sixers train, I know the Bulls now aren't a good team and my brother lives in Chicago so I will go to Bulls games. 

Durant is randomly now part owner of the Philadelphia union MLS team. 

18 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I have to say... The Last Dance documentary has turned me to a Bulls fan. In my defense I was never really on the Sixers train, I know the Bulls now aren't a good team and my brother lives in Chicago so I will go to Bulls games. 

Are you new favorite colors blue and white?  If so, go root for the Cowboys.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Are you new favorite colors blue and white?  If so, go root for the Cowboys.

Blue and white? Que? 

20 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I didnt read. But I assume a lot will be upset about continuing this late. They are used to having their summers off.

Now, theyll play through all of summer. There will be a short break and starting next season late will result in a condensed season with a whole lot more back to backs to pack the schedule in and try to get back on track. OR will cut in to their summer again. 

As I said initially, this was a really stupid plan by the NBA. 

I dont think it was smart financially for the league. And I dont think many of the players are liking this. 

2 stories out there about Ben Simmons. 

1. He's working out with Dwyane Wade

2. Hes added muscle. I'm not sure about this one because we saw a similar pic of him years ago with veins popping while he's lifting. He doesn't have that same level of definition and vascularity during the season.   I think he just has a pump going in thre pic.  But... maybe. 

33 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

2 stories out there about Ben Simmons. 

1. He's working out with Dwyane Wade

2. Hes added muscle. I'm not sure about this one because we saw a similar pic of him years ago with veins popping while he's lifting. He doesn't have that same level of definition and vascularity during the season.   I think he just has a pump going in thre pic.  But... maybe. 

Who cares if he added muscle if he can't hit a shot

• Like 1