**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

3 hours ago, nipples said:

That may be the case. Depends on Maxey’s development from year 1 to 2. Plugging him in as the starting PG will cause a dip defensively but would/should improve the offense. I’m honestly not convinced that they’d see a drop off in the standings. 

But you can start Thybulle if Maxey starts. Which would be impossible with Ben starting so I doubt see a big dip defensively. Thybulle is an elite wing defender. 

3 hours ago, nipples said:

That may be the case. Depends on Maxey’s development from year 1 to 2. Plugging him in as the starting PG will cause a dip defensively but would/should improve the offense. I’m honestly not convinced that they’d see a drop off in the standings. 

Yeah I'm not understanding the difference between trading him for picks and having no replacement for him or sitting him on the bench and not playing him it makes them the same team regardless of this season with the exception that Ben will be here throwing a fit in the locker room

6 hours ago, nipples said:

I disagree with your disagreement. He’s a detriment to the team and you can’t bring him back into the locker room. If all you can get for him is a few protected draft picks, so be it. He needs to go. 

This season might be a wash anyway. Play the long game and get as much as possible.

5 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

But you can start Thybulle if Maxey starts. Which would be impossible with Ben starting so I doubt see a big dip defensively. Thybulle is an elite wing defender. 

Yeah that’s true. 

I could be way off but I’m super high on Maxey. I believe he’s going to take a massive leap this year and be a real good starting PG if given the opportunity. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, nipples said:

Yeah that’s true. 

I could be way off but I’m super high on Maxey. I believe he’s going to take a massive leap this year and be a real good starting PG if given the opportunity. 

He's got the talent, the work ethic, and the desire to be great. 

On 9/16/2021 at 11:31 AM, iladelphxx said:

I kinda want to see him get introduced in the home opener 🤣

'They're saying Booooooen'

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2021 at 11:31 AM, iladelphxx said:

I kinda want to see him get introduced in the home opener 🤣

Then at the first free throw (2 shot) attempt, sub him off after the first shot....with no other subs.  Especially if it's on the opposite side of the court from the home bench.  Make him to do the walk of shame in front of that crowd and then burry him on the bench.  

OMG that would be glorious 

3 hours ago, Gannan said:

He's got the talent, the work ethic, and the desire to be great. 

Jalen Hurts is on the sixers?? 😜

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Jalen Hurts is on the sixers?? 😜

I actually think Maxey has more talent than Hurts does. 

3 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I actually think Maxey has more talent than Hurts does. 

I do too. Just funny we have had 2 super star athletes burn out here and now we are saying the same things about their replacements. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I do too. Just funny we have had 2 super star athletes burn out here and now we are saying the same things about their replacements. 

And saying the similar things about the burn outs. Some differences of course in the situations, but both wanting out of town basically because they feel disrespected. And neither has performed in the playoffs… Ben because he’s just sucked and Wentz because he can’t stay healthy. Both have some entitlement issues. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nipples said:

And saying the similar things about the burn outs. Some differences of course in the situations, but both wanting out of town basically because they feel disrespected. And neither has performed in the playoffs… Ben because he’s just sucked and Wentz because he can’t stay healthy. Both have some entitlement issues. 

It's a shame really. Probably 2 of the most talented athletes the city has ever seen or had and they are both ass holes. Ownership is at fault too, they coddled them from day one making think they arrived before they ever even did anything. 

Both are uncoachable entitled a holes. One of the reasons why Hurts is doing so well, is how well he takes to coaching. Not comparing the 2 at all, but Brady apparently takes really well to coaching. When he went to Tampa he specifically told the coaches to "coach him hard”. I suspect Maxey also takes well to coaching.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gannan said:

Both are uncoachable entitled a holes. One of the reasons why Hurts is doing so well, is how well he takes to coaching. Not comparing the 2 at all, but Brady apparently takes really well to coaching. When he went to Tampa he specifically told the coaches to "coach him hard”. I suspect Maxey also takes well to coaching.

Heard an interview with Maxey prior to Fanfest on 97.5, basically his dad told him he had to work to improve every day........where as Ben's dad was like, dude, you're great as is..no worries mate.  It really does come down to upbringing, and what and how your parents do.  Look at Giannis (have used this example a lot in regards to Ben)....similar builds and you can say that with his ball handling and vision, Ben from a natural standpoint has more ability.  But....Giannis grew up on the streets selling CD's with his brother so they can eat.  He is fearless in that he is not afraid to fail.  Ben has been handed everything, doesn't work to improve and as scared shitless about failing.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NYEagle said:

Heard an interview with Maxey prior to Fanfest on 97.5, basically his dad told him he had to work to improve every day........where as Ben's dad was like, dude, you're great as is..no worries mate.  It really does come down to upbringing, and what and how your parents do.  Look at Giannis (have used this example a lot in regards to Ben)....similar builds and you can say that with his ball handling and vision, Ben from a natural standpoint has more ability.  But....Giannis grew up on the streets selling CD's with his brother so they can eat.  He is fearless in that he is not afraid to fail.  Ben has been handed everything, doesn't work to improve and as scared shitless about failing.  

This right here is the critical discriminator and the ultimate roadblock to him ever achieving true greatness.

[Evan Dammarell] After talking to some folks over the weekend, it seems the Houston Rockets are seriously interested in acquiring 76ers forward Ben Simmons prior to the start of training camp. Things remain fluid but John Wall would be headed to Philadelphia in a possible trade, per sources.

• Sad 1

Yeah.  They won't send us anyone good.  But the worst contract on the league,  sure they'll send that. 

And Morey's obsession with star names in trades will be fulfilled. 

Is Morey really about to get played that badly by them?

7 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Do the Rockets even have any worthwhile assets to sweeten the pot?

no. and the salaries dont match between Ben and Wall.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Do the Rockets even have any worthwhile assets to sweeten the pot?

All the picks from the Harden trade

[John Clark] "I’m told Sixers are expecting Ben Simmons will stick to his word and not show up for training camp when it starts next week”

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

All the picks from the Harden trade

I need Harris gone for Buddy Heidl and want Christian Wood along with Wall.