**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I need Harris gone for Buddy Heidl and want Christian Wood along with Wall. 

Its a shame we ever let Wood go. He was very clearly talented back then. I think the excuse was something about character. 

6 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Yep. Maxey will start at PG and they will be fine.

This is my hope.....Ben sits his lazy ass at home.....Maxey comes in, the Sixers win games and Maxey thrives!  Ben keeps getting fined and his ego just explodes as Maxey does things that he refuses to do!  He comes back with a fire under him, plays hard, plays well and we ship him to Orlando!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Yep. Maxey will start at PG and they will be fine.

Let the league step in a get us dame for him. Force the deal over bad pr

they owe us…

3 hours ago, NYEagle said:

This is my hope.....Ben sits his lazy ass at home.....Maxey comes in, the Sixers win games and Maxey thrives!  Ben keeps getting fined and his ego just explodes as Maxey does things that he refuses to do!  He comes back with a fire under him, plays hard, plays well and we ship him to Orlando!

Yep. They will need to make a move to be serious contenders, but fine him, and let the kid thrive like you said.

36 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

It was probably time. He was amazing while he was in Philly

21 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Seriously hope they don't go for the Wall trade.

Sure.  But those picks will be spectacular. 

Now,  getting Wall as opposed to many of the other rumors will be highly disappointing. 

Imagine being a Houston fan though.  You trade Harden for all those picks and waste them all on Ben Simmons. That's even worse.

22 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

ben for wall doesn't even work under the cap. sixers would have to add around $11 mill in salary. 

I've been thinking about that.

Do they still have Danuel House? I'm thinking maybe Danny Green and House included makes it work. 

green makes more $$ than house but that doesn't help much for salary matching. 

i'd rather have green than house anyway. house stinks.  

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I've been thinking about that.

Do they still have Danuel House? I'm thinking maybe Danny Green and House included makes it work. 

Don't think we can trade Green for a bit

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

Don't think we can trade Green for a bit

i think you're right....and ben for wall is bad enough w/o the sixers having to add more players to the deal. :lol:  

58 minutes ago, Mat said:

It was probably time. He was amazing while he was in Philly

Amazing he was able to play 15 years in the league. Goes to show his work ethic. 

15 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

green makes more $$ than house so that doesn't help for salary matching. 

i'd rather have green than house anyway. house stinks.  

I need House, Wood, Tate and Wall

13 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i think you're right....and ben for wall is bad enough w/o the sixers having to add more players to the deal. :lol:  

Agreed.  Green for House is a downgrade.  Just thinking about making salary work. 

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I need House, Wood, Tate and Wall

they'd have to give up ben & tobi to match that salary. :lol: 

It really does suck having to add more players to match for wall when the real prize in the trade is the picks.   Already underwhelming to begin with. And anyone you add to the deal gets downgraded such as going from Green to House.

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It really does suck having to add more players to match for wall when the real prize in the trade is the picks.   Already underwhelming to begin with. And anyone you add to the deal gets downgraded such as going from Green to House.

Need unprotected Houston picks, not the Nets picks. Then cross your fingers can get Paolo Banchero in the 2022 draft. 

Just now, Mat said:

1789645261_Screenshot_20210922-015244_OneUIHome.thumb.jpg.f794bd8ac7d3c897d19cb1198d94ef50.jpg

[Adrian Wojnarowski] Philadelphia 76ers All-Star Ben Simmons will not report for opening of training camp next week and intends to never play another game for the franchise. Simmons hasn’t spoken to team since a late August meeting when he communicated this message to Sixers officials.

• Like 1

[Woj] Simmons is clearly aware of sanctions available to organization to fine and suspend him, including withholding of salary. But so far, Simmons appears willing to carry out a plan of forcing his way to a new team. Sixers have yet to find a a trade they’re willing to make for him.

• Like 1

Just keep him at this point.

Four years left on his deal and not showing up to play basketball. Some team needs to have the stones to say f you man, either play or lose your salary. 

• Like 2