**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

At this point who cares what we get.  It's passed the point of no return and Doc/Morey have a hand in this mess.  Forget trying to get good value for him.  I'd rather his career be ruined at this point.  At some point, these spoiled little bishes have to learn.  He would be the perfect case study.  Fine him until he comes in.  The bury him on the bench.  F him.  

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Just keep him at this point.

Four years left on his deal and not showing up to play basketball. Some team needs to have the stones to say f you man, either play or lose your salary. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

At this point who cares what we get.  It's passed the point of no return and Doc/Morey have a hand in this mess.  Forget trying to get good value for him.  I'd rather his career be ruined at this point.  At some point, these spoiled little bishes have to learn.  He would be the perfect case study.  Fine him until he comes in.  The bury him on the bench.  F him.  

I like that you guys have finally reached the level of pettiness I’m at. I’d just say tough crap and if he doesn’t show up fine. His contract is stuck at 4 years then. And if he does just sit his ass on the bench for a couple years 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I like that you guys have finally reached the level of pettiness I’m at. I’d just say tough crap and if he doesn’t show up fine. His contract is stuck at 4 years then. And if he does just sit his ass on the bench for a couple years 

On 9/9/2021 at 12:33 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

G league him.  Embarrass him.  His value couldn't get any lower.  Set an example.  Oh and fire Doc.  

It's rare that I am beat to the "bitterness/pettiness" punch.  

28 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

[Woj] Simmons is clearly aware of sanctions available to organization to fine and suspend him, including withholding of salary. But so far, Simmons appears willing to carry out a plan of forcing his way to a new team. Sixers have yet to find a a trade they’re willing to make for him.

F*** this soft a** b****

If he sits and gets fined for an extended period I'm curious to see how the players association handle it 

27 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It's rare that I am beat to the "bitterness/pettiness" punch.  

On 8/31/2021 at 3:43 PM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I would be that petty as well and let Simmons just rot on the bench for the next 4 years. It would be the ultimate F off to Simmons 

Honestly we won’t win a title doing that but frankly it would be great to see him cry on the bench and humble his dbag ass 

1 minute ago, Mat said:

If he sits and gets fined for an extended period I'm curious to see how the players association handle it 

Dude has a contract.  He's choosing to violate it.  Sixers aren't making him do anything not in it.  NBAPA has no reason to get involved.  He literally just needs to show up and get paid to avoid the fines.  He wants to be a **** so he can pay the toll.

I don’t care that he’s sitting out.  They can’t bring him back after his playoff performance.  Trade him either now or in a few months.  Take the best deal you can get.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rambo said:

Dude has a contract.  He's choosing to violate it.  Sixers aren't making him do anything not in it.  NBAPA has no reason to get involved.  He literally just needs to show up and get paid to avoid the fines.  He wants to be a **** so he can pay the toll.

They will still make a statement on the situation and their job is normally to support the player. If they come out and side with the 6'ers or give a no comment type of response it's going to make him look even worse.

2 minutes ago, Mat said:

They will still make a statement on the situation and their job is normally to support the player. If they come out and side with the 6'ers or give a no comment type of response it's going to make him look even worse.

Most likely Silver takes control and works out a trade that he feels is fair, and just forces the move. 

Like when the NBA canceled a Chris Paul trade. And when they forced us to get a new GM. I wouldn't put it past the NBA to just act as our front office. 

28 minutes ago, Mat said:

What can they say? Oh you don't like being paid 30 million dollars and your feelings are hurt because you didn't dunk a basketball. 

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Most likely Silver takes control and works out a trade that he feels is fair, and just forces the move. 

Like when the NBA canceled a Chris Paul trade. And when they forced us to get a new GM. I wouldn't put it past the NBA to just act as our front office. 

That was also because the Hornets didn't really have an owner at the time and the NBA owned the team. This is a different situation in my opinion. 

Source: https://marcstein.substack.com/p/ben-simmons-saga-moves-to-key-phase

Toronto, Minnesota, Cleveland, San Antonio and Sacramento — all of them, league sources say, have engaged with Philadelphia in Simmons trade talks. They're also all bubble playoff teams at best based in markets not known for attracting free agents and surely love the idea of acquiring Simmons when the 25-year-old is locked into three guaranteed seasons on his contract after this one.

None of those aforementioned teams, though, has a perennial All-Star around whom to assemble a trade package. The Timberwolves could get there with Karl-Anthony Towns, but Philadelphia doesn’t need a center and Minnesota has made Towns and promising second-year swingman Anthony Edwards unavailable in trade talks anyway.

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

Source: https://marcstein.substack.com/p/ben-simmons-saga-moves-to-key-phase

Toronto, Minnesota, Cleveland, San Antonio and Sacramento — all of them, league sources say, have engaged with Philadelphia in Simmons trade talks. They're also all bubble playoff teams at best based in markets not known for attracting free agents and surely love the idea of acquiring Simmons when the 25-year-old is locked into three guaranteed seasons on his contract after this one.

None of those aforementioned teams, though, has a perennial All-Star around whom to assemble a trade package. The Timberwolves could get there with Karl-Anthony Towns, but Philadelphia doesn’t need a center and Minnesota has made Towns and promising second-year swingman Anthony Edwards unavailable in trade talks anyway.

This shouldn't be rocket science.  Get Haliburton and Barnes/Hield.

• Like 1

Good riddance and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.  This announcement made my day.

• Haha 1

Sixers president of basketball operations Daryl Morey has scoured the NBA for fair trade value and so far found nothing close. The Minnesota Timberwolves are reportedly unwilling to part with Karl-Anthony Towns and Anthony Edwards for Simmons. The Sacramento Kings have reportedly kept De'Aaron Fox and Tyrese Haliburton off the table. The Golden State Warriors reportedly will not deal James Wiseman and Jonathan Kuminga for Simmons. Philadelphia reportedly turned down a deal centered around Indiana Pacers guard Malcolm Brogdon. Collin Sexton would reportedly be the centerpiece of the Cleveland Cavaliers' interest.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-ben-simmons-indeed-intends-never-to-play-for-philadelphia-76-ers-again-161533313.html?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAIWK6tM7Eq3AuXanqiUewWd8VRw4KsxeXPbgxp4sE6Gce_s1OXwPXfEK5nX6TweTmceLzV05D3Oo05RW-FRPK0QCo_Krir3HSmIs8Pr1YQlKeEQxjbuCat8ehN2qQVRWk3U0MWmbevo1wMLXOLy7KErH1rDBnPy_ZLwYZAZHUxCh

F it.  Let him go for a bag of apples and two 2nd round picks.

letting him rot sounds great unless embiid sees the team getting worse during his prime years & starts asking for a trade. it's process part 2 at that point. 

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

letting him rot sounds great unless embiid sees the team getting worse during his prime years & starts asking for a trade. it's process part 2 at that point. 

Trying to suck for all those years sure seems like a waste at this point.

Teams that aren't Miami or LA need to look at a team like the Grizzlies where can rebuild and still compete.

This sucking for 5 years and trying to accumulate picks doesn't work. It will play out with the Pelicans the exact same way when Zion wants out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

Just beg for Haliburton and Buddy for Simmons 

Or beg if Hawks want him for Huerter and Reddish 

• Like 2