**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

As a Ben Simmons defender, it’s disappointing to see all this go down but it is what it is at this point.  This is and has always been Embiid’s team and the team needs to get Embiid scorers.  

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

letting him rot sounds great unless embiid sees the team getting worse during his prime years & starts asking for a trade. it's process part 2 at that point. 

I think we're close to that now that we'd all like to admit...

3 minutes ago, mayanh8 said:

I think we're close to that now that we'd all like to admit...

1st seed in the east with the runner-up for mvp on the roster. that's not the process i remember. :lol:  

Just now, mr_hunt said:

1st seed in the east with the runner-up for mvp on the roster. that's not the process i remember. :lol:  

It hinges on Embiid remaining healthy and happy with the team's efforts to put the pieces in place around him to legitimately compete... two things that have a non-trivial chance of going wrong with this team. 

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I'd much rather watch Simmons rot than get any compensation at this point.

It really is the most petty thing possible but it would also be fun watching him have to sit there for four years and rot on the bench. Just like we waited four years for him to start shooting

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

letting him rot sounds great unless embiid sees the team getting worse during his prime years & starts asking for a trade. it's process part 2 at that point. 

I vote for letting him rot

20 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Morey really is an immature tool bag himself. Really? liking and then unliking a meme? What a bunch of little.girls . 

• Like 1

i can't wait until ben plays in philly as a member of the visiting team...and everybody wins a free frosty after he bricks a couple free throws. the crowd reaction is gonna be :excited:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

We've seen Embiid's prime.  He will not age well.  

10 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i can't wait until ben plays in philly as a member of the visiting team...and everybody wins a free frosty after he bricks a couple free throws. the crowd reaction is gonna be :excited:

That will be a "load management" night.  I can guarantee.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

Can someone translate WTF this even means.  

10 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

:roll::roll:

You think he actually has the balls to play here as visiting team.

:roll::roll:

28 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Can someone translate WTF this even means.  

as the father of a teen, i am familiar with some of the popular memes.  this is the original virgin vs chad meme:

6db011f7-26e2-43a1-8f31-0cf6b65809e2.jpe

it's basically a comparison of a beta loser virgin to an alpha studly male...or "chad" as the kids call them. it's all really dumb. kids made thousands of these memes substituting real people into the virgin & chad roles. 

i didn't see it but i imagine someone made one with ben as the "virgin" & booker as the "chad"...and our gm "liked" it on social media. serious business.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

as the father of a teen, i am familiar with some of the popular memes.  this is the original virgin vs chad meme:

it's basically a comparison of a beta loser virgin to an alpha studly male...or "chad" as the kids call them. it's all really dumb. kids made thousands of these memes substituting real people into the virgin & chad roles. 

i didn't see it but i imagine someone made one with ben as the "virgin" & booker to the "chad"...and our gm "liked" it on social media. serious business.

Oh wow.  Thank you.  Now I know who to come to for pop culture bs like this.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i didn't see it but i imagine someone made one with ben as the "virgin" & booker to the "chad"...and our gm "liked" it on social media. serious business.

So what you are saying is, it all went down hill after kids were "competing" in the tide pod challenge?

• Like 1

Someone should have made that meme with Ben on the left and Jimmy Butler on the right.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

So what you are saying is, it all went down hill after kids were "competing" in the tide pod challenge?

the latest challenge is something called "licks" where kids try to steal the largest items possible from their school & post pics on social media. 

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

the latest challenge is something called "licks" where kids try to steal the largest items possible from their school & post pics on social media. 

Our future is so f'ed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1