**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Speaking of my guy Jimmy Butler.  You all remember how he "bullied” KAT?   Well, guess who KAT is good friends with?  

Makes sense.  

29 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Speaking of my guy Jimmy Butler.  You all remember how he "bullied” KAT?   Well, guess who KAT is good friends with?  

Makes sense.  

I’m still convinced that if Simmons had been traded back then, Butler would still be a Sixer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

I’m still convinced that if Simmons had been traded back then, Butler would still be a Sixer. 

No doubt.  And we could have gotten Kemba Walker to be a servicable PG.  

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/sixers/nba-rumors-blazers-ben-simmons-trade-package-enticing

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith reported on "First Take" on Wednesday morning that the most recent Blazers and Sixers trade talks have centered around shooting guard C.J. McCollum, along with other pieces:

"According to my sources, they're talking about C.J. McCollum, they're talking about Robert Covington, they're talking about a couple first-round picks. 

"The 76ers have not been willing to bite."

from screamin' a....so you know it's legit!

Question for those who follow the cap situation closely. Just say hypothetically we do a 3 team trade Simmons for Wall, we get Wall and 2 1st round picks (or even 1). Some other team throws in a salary dump and Houston and/or us sends that team a 2nd round pick back. 

If we kept Wall for the next 2 seasons and his contract expires. Would we have money then to sign another big name free agent?

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/sixers/nba-rumors-blazers-ben-simmons-trade-package-enticing

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith reported on "First Take" on Wednesday morning that the most recent Blazers and Sixers trade talks have centered around shooting guard C.J. McCollum, along with other pieces:

"According to my sources, they're talking about C.J. McCollum, they're talking about Robert Covington, they're talking about a couple first-round picks. 

I'd be worried about McCollum playing point. When Lillard has been out and McCollum plays point, the Blazers were among the worst teams in the NBA as far as assists. I see him as a pure 2. So if we do that deal We likely start Maxey at the 1 and CJ at the 2 with Curry coming off the bench. Doesn't exactly excite me. 

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

It’d take it at this point if that’s the best offer. I can’t imagine a scenario where  Morey is going to get anything better.

2 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I'd be worried about McCollum playing point. When Lillard has been out and McCollum plays point, the Blazers were among the worst teams in the NBA as far as assists. I see him as a pure 2. So if we do that deal We likely start Maxey at the 1 and CJ at the 2 with Curry coming off the bench. Doesn't exactly excite me. 

i wouldn't hate it.

maxey, cj, & roco in the starting lineup with tobi & jojo.  that also strengthens the bench by pushing seth & green to the 2nd unit. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

It’d take it at this point if that’s the best offer. I can’t imagine a scenario where  Morey is going to get anything better.

If Houston really wants Ben, I try to squeeze as many 1st round picks as I can out of them. They have a ton. I would try to get them to do Wall and 3 1st round picks. I know we are in "win now" mode, but having all those pics sets us up for life after Embiid or life with an aging Embiid. I never want to see another "process" in Philly again. 

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i wouldn't hate it.

maxey, cj, & roco in the starting lineup with tobi & jojo.  that also strengthens the bench by pushing seth & green to the 2nd unit. 

not to be confused with...

57177187-587x900.jpg

doode is only 5'4" and would be a defensive liability.  

8 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i wouldn't hate it.

Team just got OLD really quick. CJ is the absolute last last last resort. 

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Team just got OLD really quick. CJ is the absolute last last last resort. 

dame is a year older than cj and we'd be creaming all over each other if the sixers got him.

a 30-31 y/o fits with embiid's window as well. 

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

Doc was on ESPN saying he wants Ben back.  "I would love to be his teacher for Enabling 201 this year"

Doc just keeps making this situation worse with his soft ass. Ben and Doc desert each other

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i wouldn't hate it.

With Thybulle off the bench too it should be a solid defensive bench.

44 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i wouldn't hate it.

Maxey takes Point...?  

Take the offer and figure out the starting 5 later.  Do it, before Mr. Softee does any more harm to his value.  

25 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Doc just keeps making this situation worse with his soft ass. Ben and Doc desert each other

That's posturing....that's all that is.  But yes, I hate Doc.  

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Maxey takes Point...?  

i guess he would. 

only thing about that trade is that the salaries don't match up & philly would need to add around $10 mill.  green's contract would make it work but he can't be traded until early november. 

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Maxey takes Point...?  

Take the offer and figure out the starting 5 later.  Do it, before Mr. Softee does any more harm to his value.  

There is no point to do that anymore. All it does is make him look like a bigger idiot than he already is

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

There is no point to do that anymore. All it does is make him look like a bigger idiot than he already is

Meh, if they are able to squeeze an additional 2nd rounder out of it.  Then so be it.  But Glen Rivers is now my most hated HC/Manager in Philly sports.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gannan said:

If Houston really wants Ben, I try to squeeze as many 1st round picks as I can out of them. They have a ton. I would try to get them to do Wall and 3 1st round picks. I know we are in "win now" mode, but having all those pics sets us up for life after Embiid or life with an aging Embiid. I never want to see another "process" in Philly again. 

You can F around with this to figure it out.

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

dame is a year older than cj and we'd be creaming all over each other if the sixers got him.

a 30-31 y/o fits with embiid's window as well. 

I'm not and Dame would want NYC anyhow 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Exactly, what do you expect him to say? That he wants Ben gone?

No reason to tank his trade value even further. Ben's already doing that for us. 

I'd do Ben for CJ and Covington + picks, but the money doesn't work. Not sure what we could throw in to balance it.

Maxey, CJ, Cov, Harris Embiid with Green, Curry and Thybulle off the bench...I like it. Leaves Kork and Joe for more shooting, plus Niang and the rookies + Reed.