**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, nipples said:

I don’t think Minnesota CAN come with a "big time offer” unless it’s a boatload of 1st round picks.  There’s really nobody on that roster that I’d even be interested in. 

I mean, I’d take their offer if it’s the best available just to get rid of the poosay, but it’s not like it’s going to be this amazing package. 

Russell and 2 first round picks does it for me. 

8 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

I'm happy to throw you into the mix vikas.  How much do you make?  :P

Not that it matters, but can you hit a jump shot?

More than Shake, less than Ben

I'm Indian...so, no

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I bet Hunter is untouchable but I bet John Collins is available with the rookie, John Johnson, playing really similar on a cheaper deal. They have guys to pay and seems like Reddish is available as well. 

Coming out of high school, Reddish had the most talent of the three between Zion and RJ. He just doesn't that alpha drive to be great. Then you see that Game 6? where he comes back and lights it up. The potential is still sky high 

Oh i like reddish. I think he has the talent to be a really good player. Needs to improve his 3 point shooting but the talent is there. I kind of believe Hunter would likely be off the table but i would at least try to make that happen before accepting the offer BR had. I wouldn’t mind taking a flier of Johnson being included. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Counter would be that new owners ALWAYS want to make a splash, show the fans they are in charge and spice things up. 

I think Minnesota’s owners would be dumb to hire Brand to be the GM and know his feelings on Simmons. They’d basically be forcing him to take Simmons on when he felt 2-3 years ago Ben Simmons wasn’t a championship caliber player. He was way ahead of the curve and if the sixers Ownership listened to him they aren’t in this mess. Then again Minnesota is a poorly run organization so it also wouldn’t surprise me if they did that. They apparently managed to also piss off KAT so twolves gonna twolves  

Philadelphia 76ers:

Joel Embiid, 76ers (torn meniscus, knee): Embiid was hampered by the injury during Philly’s second-round seven-game series loss to the Hawks, but gutted it out to average 30.4 points and 12.7 rebounds against Atlanta. After a summer of rehab and rest, Embiid is a "full go,” per a league source, and will have a normal preseason load.

• Like 1

[Philadelphia Inquirer Sports] Sources: Kate Scott to call Sixers games on NBC Sports Philadelphia, replacing Marc Zumoff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/sixers-kate-scott-nbc-sports-philadelphia-announcer-alaa-abdelnaby-20210923.html

KML5DTHBANFKPDVK2LBZGXWXEA.jpg

NBC Sports Philadelphia has hired Kate Scott (left) as its new Sixers play-by-play announcer, replacing the retiring Marc Zumoff. Scott is seen here next to A.J. Mleczko (right) during an NHL game in March 2020.Read moreMatt Marton / AP Photo

NBC Sports Philadelphia is making history with its replacement for longtime Sixers announcer Marc Zumoff.

The network has hired Kate Scott to call games this season, according to sources not authorized to speak publicly. The move makes Scott the first full-time female broadcaster of any major sport in Philadelphia television history and just the second woman to handle full-time play-by-play duties for an NBA team.

NBC Sports Philadelphia and Scott did not respond to requests for comment.

Scott is something of a trailblazer in broadcasting. She’s the first woman to call an NFL game on the radio, the first to call college football for the Pac-12 Networks, and last year she was the play-by-play voice for the first all-female NHL broadcast. Scott also called basketball games during the Tokyo Olympics this year, soccer games during the Copá America for Fox, and was part of the first all-female broadcast of a Golden State Warriors game last season.

Scott is expected to make her NBC Sports Philadelphia debut during the preseason. While she has limited experience calling NBA games, Scott has been calling college basketball games for the Pac-12 Networks for several years.

Expected to return as the network’s color analyst is Alaa Abdelnaby, who is entering his sixth season calling Sixers games. NBC Sports Philadelphia is also expected to once again have no sideline reporter during Sixers broadcasts, a trend that began when Serena Winters was among those laid off by the network in August 2020.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

agreed. anthony edwards could be interesting...but are they really going to trade their #1 overall pick who played really well in the 2nd half of the season? i doubt it. 

the rest are :meh: 

Have read KAT and Ben are friends and both love video games sooooooooo 

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Have read KAT and Ben are friends and both love video games sooooooooo 

they are. so are ben & d'lo...they went to high school together. 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

they are. so are ben & d'lo...they went to high school together. 

Looks like Edwards has grown as well. I would be shocked if he is on the table, but KAT has a ton of power right now to keep him happy. Ben and KAT actually work really well together since KAT rather play on the 3 point line than the post.

He meant the 20-year-old guard has actually gotten taller from the time the Wolves drafted him in November, from around 6-4 to approximately 6-6.

"This is a very Ant thing,” Finch said at the Star Tribune booth at the Minnesota State Fair on Wednesday. "He told me, ‘Don’t let me get to 6-6 or I’ll be Michael Jordan.'”

• Like 1

Id be really happy to have Beasley in any Minnesota package. Its not an exciting headliner, I feel like thatd be a very underrated addition. 24 year old 20ppg scorer on the perimeter is a big addition. Conceivably, that can push Curry to the bench which is big. 

Kate Scott, hmph. I’ll give her a fair shot but I am skeptical. 

I am too. I have no idea who she is but I just know how annoying woman announcers generally are. Now, I think the female anchors on ESPN do a good job. So I have an open mind. But I also think back to summer league, and friggin Doris Burke and Im afraid Im gonna hate watching 6ers games now.

22 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

I always liked Zumoff.

• Like 3

i wonder if she has that jodie foster affect that doris burke & beth mowins copied? 

"Ben Shimmons kicks it out to Sheth Curry for three! Shpectacular play by the Shixers!"

• Haha 6

You won't be able to criticize her publicly or you will be called sexist

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

You won't be able to criticize her publicly or you will be called sexist

You shouldn't call her "her" either. Pronouns are bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Here is our new announcer. Sorry but that voice is very annoying

That’s painful on the ears 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Yeah, I think the Sixers need to do more to please the old white guys who lives in Sweden demographic.

• Thanks 1