**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

4 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

Sounds like how some want to trade away Simmons for nothing.

Nothing? How can we trash Ben and know he doesn't give a F but then think Lillard or a All Star caliber lvl is only what the Sixers can get back. 

His tantalizing potential mesmerized the Sixers into giving him that massive extension when he did nothing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

ben should be the scapegoat. did you watch the games? he played like azzzz & basically gave up. 

I think Doc deserves a lot more blame than he is getting. You don't lose those two games at home with the #1 seed against a team that was missing multiple guys and Bodgan hurt. 

His inability to play Maxey in the beginning of the season, play 4 non shooters off the bench to end the 3rd and start the 4th in those games, and other issues. 

Do I think Ben should be traded, of course, he and Embiid NEVER ever fit together and Ben choked but Sixers also will never win an Eastern title with Doc. 

1 hour ago, Dave Moss said:

Yeah, that was always my problem with Zumoff.  Just not good looking enough for TV.

:wacko:

Hard to replace Zumoff. Probably not really fair to throw her in there now. In any case, I hope she does well.

How do Ben and Gordon fit on the same team?  Are we getting Gordon as part of the package? MPJ and picks I guess would be fine plus whatever salary matching is needed.  Actually, we would need a lot more players to match salaries since MPJ is on a rookie contract and Ben makes 33 million.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Hard to replace Zumoff. Probably not really fair to throw her in there now. In any case, I hope she does well.

She’s his replacement since he retired.  How are people not going to compare them??

20 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I think Doc deserves a lot more blame than he is getting. You don't lose those two games at home with the #1 seed against a team that was missing multiple guys and Bodgan hurt. 

His inability to play Maxey in the beginning of the season, play 4 non shooters off the bench to end the 3rd and start the 4th in those games, and other issues. 

Do I think Ben should be traded, of course, he and Embiid NEVER ever fit together and Ben choked but Sixers also will never win an Eastern title with Doc. 

yeah...doc is/was far from perfect. we know. 

but holy sheet, man. ben is 1000% the issue right now and has to be gone asap. doc isn't even on the radar until the simmons trade happens. 

12 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

How do Ben and Gordon fit on the same team?  Are we getting Gordon as part of the package? MPJ and picks I guess would be fine plus whatever salary matching is needed.  Actually, we would need a lot more players to match salaries since MPJ is on a rookie contract and Ben makes 33 million.

nobody knows what the package is...if there even is one. :lol:  and a report said it would be a multi team deal. 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

nobody knows what the package is...if there even is one. :lol:  and a report said it would be a multi team deal. 

That is the only way I would believe it has legs.

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah...doc is/was far from perfect. we know. 

but holy sheet, man. ben is 1000% the issue right now and has to be gone asap. doc isn't even on the radar until the simmons trade happens. 

I wonder if thats a big part of the reason Doc would actually like to keep Ben. Ben acts as a huge shield.

Then again, Doc probably doesnt know he sucks. 

But there will be a bigtime bullseye on him as soon as Ben is gone.

Any trade involving Denver, I expect Will Barton will be coming here. Which I dont like. But I think the 6ers have kicked tires on a Barton trade for a few years now. 

I hate how he can have a 30 point game, or a 0 point game. And he seems pretty injury prone. But, 6ers seem to like him.

It would be nice to get Hyland from Denver too.

• Like 1

In an ideal world, we would get Porter Jr.. Trade Harris for a guard, whether thats McCollum, or Sexton.

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

ben should be the scapegoat. did you watch the games? he played like azzzz & basically gave up. 

He was literally defended by air in the 4th quarter of every playoff game.  Sad part is air locked him down.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dave Moss said:

She’s his replacement since he retired.  How are people not going to compare them??

I know. That’s the issue. 

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

Can we re-route MPJ to the Kings for Haliburton plus?  lol

I would keep porter.

I didn’t know a Kardishian was a super model. Hmm 

4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Nothing? How can we trash Ben and know he doesn't give a F but then think Lillard or a All Star caliber lvl is only what the Sixers can get back. 

His tantalizing potential mesmerized the Sixers into giving him that massive extension when he did nothing. 

I know. Lillard had an epic choke job a couple years back.

[Shams] Philadelphia 76ers No. 53 pick Charles Bassey has agreed to a three-year rookie deal, his agents Adie von Gontard and Daveed Cohen told @TheAthletic @Stadium. Bassey’s deal includes full guarantee in Year 1 and partial guarantee in Year 2.

10 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

[Shams] Philadelphia 76ers No. 53 pick Charles Bassey has agreed to a three-year rookie deal, his agents Adie von Gontard and Daveed Cohen told @TheAthletic @Stadium. Bassey’s deal includes full guarantee in Year 1 and partial guarantee in Year 2.

Good for the kid to get paid and never see an NBA floor. The other kid we traded to the Thunder was better. 

Thybulle should have a short leash to show the staff he developed a corner 3, if not he can be part of the trade package with Ben. 

If the sixers are making a trade with the nuggets next week (highly doubtful) then Barton can’t be part of the trade because he’s not eligible to be traded until November 9th due to not being 3 months since he signed. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If the sixers are making a trade with the nuggets next week (highly doubtful) then Barton can’t be part of the trade because he’s not eligible to be traded until November 9th due to not being 3 months since he signed. 

good nugget there.

Lets make sure this trade happens prior to November 9th then.