**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

The NBA has reviewed and denied Andrew Wiggins’ request for religious exemption from the San Francisco Department of Public Health’s order requiring COVID-19 vaccination for all participants age 12 and older at large indoor events. Wiggins will not be able to play in Warriors home games until he fulfills the city’s vaccination requirements.”

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

D0E07CE4-4E11-4B60-813F-1DB6BFE3D4EC.jpeg

I actually just got done watching a show from a few years ago with him on it. He was talking about how he isn't going to be a good shooter right away it takes time to become great and he will get there he just has to chip away at it. This stuff doesn't happen overnight he said over and over again. 

I think this dude knew he was never going to shoot it and had it in his head since day one he was just going to take his sweet ass time. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Can’t wait until this loser is gone

He doesn't even want meet with  teammates? He is tanking his value further and further. They won't get jack sheet for him. 

The players association won't let the sixers just let him sit on the bench for 4 yrs like everyone hopes. 

They need to get anything they can at this point, he is a distraction and will bring the team down with him. 

21 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He doesn't even want meet with  teammates? He is tanking his value further and further. They won't get jack sheet for him. 

The players association won't let the sixers just let him sit on the bench for 4 yrs like everyone hopes. 

They need to get anything they can at this point, he is a distraction and will bring the team down with him. 

Totally incorrect....you cave, you lose.  F him, let him sit, hold back his owed money until he comes back and plays.  Now if a trade presents itself that the 76ers feel good about, ship him off.  And let's all hope it's to a crap team in the middle of nowhere.  

• Like 6

I seriously hope the Sixers let Simmons twist.  Fine him for not showing, withhold his pay.  Let him ROT!!! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Procus said:

I seriously hope the Sixers let Simmons twist.  Fine him for not showing, withhold his pay.  Let him ROT!!! 

That's an idiotic thing to do with an asset in today's NBA. You make moves that improve your team, not moves to punish a player that net you nothing in return.

57 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

That's an idiotic thing to do with an asset in today's NBA. You make moves that improve your team, not moves to punish a player that net you nothing in return.

You would think that would be the play but apparently these guys want to punish themselves too.

It's a players league, other players in the league will keep a mental note of how the sixers handle this. No super star wants to play for a mess in the FO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

Totally incorrect....you cave, you lose.  F him, let him sit, hold back his owed money until he comes back and plays.  Now if a trade presents itself that the 76ers feel good about, ship him off.  And let's all hope it's to a crap team in the middle of nowhere.  

Letting an asset rot on the bench doesnt help the team in anyway. Being a petty is bringing yourselves down to bens level and nobody wins. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Letting an asset rot on the bench doesnt help the team in anyway. Being a petty is bringing yourselves down to bens level and nobody wins. 

You obviously don't see the big picture.  Taking a stand now prevents this from happening in the future.  Guy signs a max multiyear contract and doesn't want to live up to it?  Fine, pay the consequences. 

If the Sixers hold firm, he will eventually report and they'll get a bigger return if/when he is traded.

Glad you're not handling the nuclear negotiations with Iran.

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

I would expect nothing less than a stoopid remark from you, and you fail to disappoint.  Thank you.

I'd say it's even-money odds that wherever he winds up, he'll either be "injured" or sit out due to "load management" the first time that team comes to Philly 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Procus said:

You obviously don't see the big picture.  Taking a stand now prevents this from happening in the future.  Guy signs a max multiyear contract and doesn't want to live up to it?  Fine, pay the consequences. 

If the Sixers hold firm, he will eventually report and they'll get a bigger return if/when he is traded.

I would expect nothing less than a stoopid remark from you, and you fail to disappoint.  Thank you.

Lol you guys act like you are sticking it to Ben when he is the one benching himself. 

If you don't think the league will eventually step in here then you haven't been paying attention to the league or the sixers the last 20 yrs they have done it multiple times.  Adam Silver backs the players . All Ben has to do is go cry to Lebron or Durant or any face of the league, once they start speaking up on it the league will start pushing the sixers to do something. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lol you guys act like you are sticking it to Ben when he is the one benching himself. 

If you don't think the league will eventually step in here then you haven't been paying attention to the league or the sixers the last 20 yrs they have done it multiple times.  Adam Silver backs the players . All Ben has to do is go cry to Lebron or Durant or any face of the league, once they start speaking up on it the league will start pushing the sixers to do something. 

Ain't happening.  He signed a max contract with four years to go.  Lebron and/or Durant ain't getting involved in this.  They're laughing at him right now.

1 minute ago, Procus said:

Ain't happening.  He signed a max contract with four years to go.  Lebron and/or Durant ain't getting involved in this.  They're laughing at him right now.

Dude just stop responding to me, you are all over this board now acting like a know it all on every damn subject. Just stfu and leave me alone. 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Dude just stop responding to me, you are all over this board now acting like a know it all on every damn subject. Just stfu and leave me alone. 

F you.   What a baby.

I will make it an extra point to respond to you now for being such a putz.

20 minutes ago, Procus said:

Spoken like a **** who is looking for the 76ers to start a new "process" after 2 or 3 more years of being dissapointed.

Simmons will probably show up, collect his paycheck and half ass it until he is dealt. His value is not going up as he is damaged goods and has too many flaws in his game. If anything I'd say the longer he remains a 76er he loses value as a trade chip.

1 minute ago, Boogyman said:

Spoken like a **** who is looking for the 76ers to start a new "process" after 2 or 3 more years of being dissapointed.

Simmons will probably show up, collect his paycheck and half ass it until he is dealt. His value is not going up as he is damaged goods and has too many flaws in his game. If anything I'd say the longer he remains a 76er he loses value as a trade chip.

Simmons said he won't show up, he's a baby, so he's to be taken at his word.  As far as his value goes, intangibles like injuries have a way of factoring into the equation.

At the end of the day, spoiled brats like Wentz, Watson and Simmons and whoever else feels like they're entitled to break a mega contract deal when if they weren't talented professional players, they'd likely be digging a ditch somewhere need to learn there are consequences for their actions.

If owners take a hard line when this happens, it will be much less likely to happen in the future.  If they cave, then we can expect temper tantrums like this to become more and more common.

22 minutes ago, Procus said:

Simmons said he won't show up, he's a baby, so he's to be taken at his word.  As far as his value goes, intangibles like injuries have a way of factoring into the equation.

At the end of the day, spoiled brats like Wentz, Watson and Simmons and whoever else feels like they're entitled to break a mega contract deal when if they weren't talented professional players, they'd likely be digging a ditch somewhere need to learn there are consequences for their actions.

If owners take a hard line when this happens, it will be much less likely to happen in the future.  If they cave, then we can expect temper tantrums like this to become more and more common.

Seems like your jealousy of athletes would make you just as bad at being a GM as you seem to be at everything else.

12 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Seems like your jealousy of athletes would make you just as bad at being a GM as you seem to be at everything else.

Well since you know absolutely nothing about me, not sure how you would reach such a conclusion.  Oh yeah, you're stoopid.  I forgot.

11 minutes ago, Procus said:

Well since you know absolutely nothing about me, not sure how you would reach such a conclusion.  Oh yeah, you're stoopid.  I forgot.

It's a message board. I know everything about you I need to, given the forum we are engaging in.  Most of your arguments here are steeped in emotion and so they are always flawed.

5 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

It's a message board. I know everything about you I need to, given the forum we are engaging in.  Most of your arguments here are steeped in emotion and so they are always flawed.

Take it somewhere else this is a basketball thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Take it somewhere else this is a basketball thread. 

seems like CVON butthurt is leaking in to this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2