**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

So, yesterday we were seeing Nuggets as the new favorite to land Simmons. Today I have been reading that Cleveland is ready/willing to make a big offer.

What do you guys see as the best possible package from both of those teams?

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Take it somewhere else this is a basketball thread. 

Was trying to talk basketball and it got derailed. I'll apologize and move on.

I thought the best realistic deal they would have gotten would have been from Golden State. It seems they waited on Lilliard (I wouldn't have made that trade anyhow if I were Portland) and I think they screwed themselves by waiting.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Was trying to talk basketball and it got derailed. I'll apologize and move on.

Apology accepted.

6 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

I hear Denver may try and sneak in for Simmons.

I read that as well.  The salaries for the proposed trade supposedly matched up, but ESPN had the Sixers coming out with something like 6 or 7 fewer wins as a result.  But the speculation was all based on hearsay, so who knows what veracity to place in that rumor.

Here are names I think are or should be available. Probably missing a few names 

Ingram (Yes, he and Zion are both very ball dominant players while Simmons would be a great player alongside Zion. Not to mention already smoke building in NO) 

LaVine (Why haven't the Bulls paid him yet? He is an UFA next year and makes you wonder if committed to him long term after paying DeRozen who is a similar player) 

Garland (Willing to throw in extra for him. Jackie McMullen said she recently talked to Curry and Garland was a name Steph bought up as a young and coming player. Pretty high praise) 

Haliburton (I love his versatility alongside Maxey, a good defender, and three level scorer)

Fox, Buddy( I need both because Fox can't shoot and Buddy is a top 5 best shooters in the league) 

Edwards, Beasley (Just purely based on acquisition of talent and Beasley can shoot) 

Then everyone else. 

Sexton(wants to get paid) , Dejounte Murray (can't shoot), Wiggins and rookies (Wiggins won't get vaccinated so pass), 

30 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

I think Denver would want to add Simmons and keep Murray, so a third team with a PG would be needed. 

Yes Denver would be crazy to deal Murray, he is there big time playmaker along With Jokic ( obviously). 

Unless they are sold on Porter jr's progress and will move Murray or vise versa. 

OH fans will start traveling to cities to booooooo him. 

NBA Central: Brian Windhorst says Ben Simmons playing in front of Sixers fans is a ‘factor’ in him wanting out of Philadelphia "He doesn’t want to be in front of those fans. …I don’t think he intends to ever show his face there again.”

But this is great news

Darren Wolfson: Sachin Gupta wants Ben Simmons. The same hurdles remain, but can he now be more creative on three-team scenarios? That still seems to be the key. But make not mistake: Gupta is all in on acquiring Ben Simmons. 

Suddenly we may have a bidding war with Minnesota, Cleveland and Denver all trying to get something done.

But Morey cant be an idiot he needs to just take a good deal when its presented. Not hold out for some ridiculous return.

31 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Suddenly we may have a bidding war with Minnesota, Cleveland and Denver all trying to get something done.

But Morey cant be an idiot he needs to just take a good deal when its presented. Not hold out for some ridiculous return.

Like what does Denver have? Unless Gordon is moved in a 3 team deal. I can't find a place for him but he is an expiring deal at 16 million so can easily be moved. 

Nevermind he has an extension for 4 years 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Like what does Denver have? Unless Gordon is moved in a 3 team deal. I can't find a place for him but he is an expiring deal at 16 million so can easily be moved. 

Talk was Michael Porter and Jamaal Murray

58 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes Denver would be crazy to deal Murray, he is there big time playmaker along With Jokic ( obviously). 

Unless they are sold on Porter jr's progress and will move Murray or vise versa. 

I'm assuming IF a deal with Denver happens Porter would go. Denver would build around Murray, Jokiic and Simmons(probably at forward).

• Like 1

Just now, Boogyman said:

I'm assuming IF a deal with Denver happens Porter would go. Denver would build around Murray, Jokiic and Simmons(probably at forward).

They have to trade Aaron gordon who just signed. cause Ben and Gordon on the floor at the same time is a nightmare on offensive end. I’m guessing if there’s a deal with Denver it’s a 3 way deal to move Gordon and the sixers would get players from both nuggets and third team. 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

6ers committed another 6 years to Embiid, so if theyd pass on Murry just because he might not be ready till march, that doesnt add up. Murray, or Porter would be fantastic. 

Unfortunately, I think the 6ers will make sure they end up with Barton if Denver is involved.

9 minutes ago, Procus said:

Talk was Michael Porter and Jamaal Murray

I dont know what talk you heard but theres no way theyd be giving up both.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

6ers committed another 6 years to Embiid, so if theyd pass on Murry just because he might not be ready till march, that doesnt add up. Murray, or Porter would be fantastic. 

Unfortunately, I think the 6ers will make sure they end up with Barton if Denver is involved.

I tried to play around with a 3 team deal that could get Sixers Haliburton and Buddy and Kings get Harris, Bol bol and picks. Sixers would take on Barnes deal, but too high and gave up. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Any deal with Denver would include Porter and Gordon and picks. Also a third team would be needed because I dont see Philly doing a deal that without getting back a PG.

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I tried to play around with a 3 team deal that could get Sixers Haliburton and Buddy and Kings get Harris, Bol bol and picks. Sixers would take on Barnes deal, but too high and gave up. 

Take away the kings first however i think they are dumb enough to give that up to get rid of buddy or Barnes and think gordon is an upgrade considering they need defense  also likely have to deal harris cause i think porter and Harris aren’t exactly a great fit with one another.   

D37F91AB-1E02-465D-8157-E86FDAC667EE.jpeg

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Im looking at 3 team deals involving 6ers and Denver + either Cleveland or Minnesota, but I cant find one that works. I forgot Barton cant be traded till December, otherwise he would work with Beasley. 

Markkenen cant be traded from CLE till December either. 

Otherwise I think Ben to DEN, Gordon to CLE, Sexton, Markkanen, Porter to PHI would probably work and its a hell of a deal for us.

Im looking at 3 team deals involving 6ers and Denver + either Cleveland or Minnesota, but I cant find one that works. I forgot Barton cant be traded till December, otherwise he would work with Beasley. 

November 3rd I read but would the league just allow all the players involved to not play? To me you can't do that. 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

November 3rd I read but would the league just allow all the players involved to not play? To me you can't do that. 

Its december 14th or 3 months after the contract is signed. So maybe 3 months for him is November. 

Otherwise I think Ben to DEN, Gordon to CLE, Sexton, Markkanen, Porter to PHI would probably work and its a hell of a deal for us.

Jarrett Allen can be traded though, never made sense to sign him then trade for Lauri. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Not sure i see Cleveland dealing markkanen and Sexton to get Aaron gordon in return. Unless they don’t see sexton extending or just don’t want to and that’s the best they can get. 

• Like 1