**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

17 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

grant basically only wants to be traded to a sheety team. :lol:  

3 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

pretty damning report. If I'm a GM considering making a move for him I take him off my list now. You can hang out in DET padding stats forever if that's what you want. 

If you can get a 3 way going with Detroit and Sacramento then... Grant can go be the man in SAC. Ben can go with him and still not steal any of Grants spotlight. Either way Ben ends up on a sucky team in Detroit or Sacramento, and Grant gets what he wants too.

• Like 1

This looks like more posturing through the media. I always thought Sacramento was the best chance to move him in season and I definitely think that if they are willing to take Tobi. I’m not sure I see any team offering more than this. If it’s not this, I guess it will be the off-season. 

4DC74AFE-7BB6-40A9-8E18-FAA0CF97E99B.jpeg

that's a tough one because statistically, the only thing barnes does better than tobi is shoot threes....and it's basically 1 more made 3 per game difference. tobi has the edge in most other categories...including rebounding where the sixers already struggle. hield shoots threes well...so he would help there.  and we'll see what hali develops into. 

but that trade would kind of make the sixers even smaller.  meh. 

8 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

that's a tough one because statistically, the only thing barnes does better than tobi is shoot threes....and it's basically 1 more made 3 per game difference. tobi has the edge in most other categories...including rebounding where the sixers already struggle. hield shoots threes well...so he would help there.  and we'll see what hali develops into. 

I always knew you were crazy but...are you insane?  Barnes, Haliburton and Hield AND TWO FIRST ROUND PICS?   Yes, I would do that in a heartbeat.......do you think Sacramento will ever be good?  As long as they aren't lottery protected....this deal would be fantastic....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

I always knew you were crazy but...are you insane?  Barnes, Haliburton and Hield AND TWO FIRST ROUND PICS?   Yes, I would do that in a heartbeat.......do you think Sacramento will ever be good?  As long as they aren't lottery protected....this deal would be fantastic....

yeah, i wasn't really factoring in the 1st round picks. :lol:  

is haliburton that good?  i remember him basically doing nothing when the sixers played them. 

15 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

They would definitely still need a stretch 4 who can rebound and ideally offer some rim protection but at least they will have more draft capital and smaller contracts to move in a separate deal to get one.

47 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

This looks like more posturing through the media. I always thought Sacramento was the best chance to move him in season and I definitely think that if they are willing to take Tobi. I’m not sure I see any team offering more than this. If it’s not this, I guess it will be the off-season. 

4DC74AFE-7BB6-40A9-8E18-FAA0CF97E99B.jpeg

That's stupid not to take.  Get it done. 

Don't know if true.  I read on Facebook that Harris has a 5% trade kicker.

So if you guys already hate that contract,  think about that trade kicker when you consider the favor SAC is doing us to include him in this trade. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Don't know if true.  I read on Facebook that Harris has a 5% trade kicker.

So if you guys already hate that contract,  think about that trade kicker when you consider the favor SAC is doing us to include him in this trade. 

Spotrac says the trade kicker is the lesser amount of 5% or $5 million.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/philadelphia-76ers/tobias-harris-8070/

And the best thing about that trade....sending Simmons to that craphole known as Sacramento.  It's a pit of a city in the middle of nowhere.  

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

Harris is at 7.4 rebounds and Barnes is 6.1 so minimal difference. Barnes shoots 41.9% on 5 attempts from 3 and Harris is 31.3% on 3.8 attempts, thst is a pretty big difference. 

Barnes is owed $18.35 million next year 

Harris is owed 38.48 and 40.9 million. 

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah, i wasn't really factoring in the 1st round picks. :lol:  

is haliburton that good?  i remember him basically doing nothing when the sixers played them. 

Haliburton has averaged 23.5ppg, 11.25 assists, 4 rebounds and shot 52.9% from the field when Fox was out with COVID. He can play. 

8 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Sounds like a ton of postering from each side. Just hope it doesn't turn into a Kings/Pacers trade and leave the Sixers out of it. 

11 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Sounds like a ton of postering from each side. Just hope it doesn't turn into a Kings/Pacers trade and leave the Sixers out of it. 

I feel like there has to be a reason the Kings/Sixers leaks keep showing up.  It’s like two friends who constantly flirt and yet act like they don’t like each other. Just get a room and get it over with.  

I feel like the Sabonis rumor is basically the Kings flirting with someone else hoping to make the Sixers jealous.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I feel like there has to be a reason the Kings/Sixers leaks keep showing up.  It’s like two friends who constantly flirt and yet act like they don’t like each other. Just get a room and get it over with.  

I feel like the Sabonis rumor is basically the Kings flirting with someone else hoping to make the Sixers jealous.

No, Sabonis definitely wants out of the Pacers. They are putting him more on the perimeter when he is best with his back to the basket. 

Sabonis just seems like a Spurs player so I'll say he ends up there. 

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

Don't lose sight of the fact that it makes the Sixers' payroll considerably smaller as well by removing a significantly under performing contract.

• Like 1

Nothing like putting what may have been the worst quarter of the season right next to what may have been the best one.