**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

6 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

And still more posturing

Comes from Klutch mouth piece.  Basically Ben saying "oh F don't banish me to Sacramento".

13 hours ago, Procus said:

Don't lose sight of the fact that it makes the Sixers' payroll considerably smaller as well by removing a significantly under performing contract.

true. true. my bad. i was really only looking at if from a talent perspective.  when you add in the 1st round picks & consider the more movable contract they'd be getting, it makes more sense. 

11 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Sabonis sprained his ankle last night and rumors are it didn’t look good. That’s great for us. 

The Pacers must be cursed.  They announce they are sellers in a sellers market and two of the primary trade pieces get hurt before they can make a deal.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Sabonis sprained his ankle last night and rumors are it didn’t look good. That’s great for us. 

Not good for my fantasy team 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

The Pacers must be cursed.  They announce they are sellers in a sellers market and two of the primary trade pieces get hurt before they can make a deal.  

Thats kinda how I felt when there were rumors of tading Wroten for a 1st, and then he tore an ACL and I dont think he ever played again. 

30 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

Did Morey say anything useful during his Mikey Miss interview? 

He basically said that they are willing to hold off if the deals they are offered will not put them into the top 3 teams with a chance for a title.  He also said that because Joel is playing so well, he may be ok getting a top 40 player vs a top 30 player.  He also mentioned that there were players on Sacramento that he would be willing to deal for but obviously did not mention names.

I think it’s probably that deal plus them taking Tobias’ contract too but I'm more optimistic something gets done before the deadline than I have been.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

I think people will end up loving Haliburton and move Maxey to 6th man and let him go wild with the 2nd unit 

18 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I think people will end up loving Haliburton and move Maxey to 6th man and let him go wild with the 2nd unit 

I loved haliburton the year he came out. I still can’t believe he fell to the kings at 12. Was ridiculous cause i thought he was better than some of the guys who went before him. 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I loved haliburton the year he came out. I still can’t believe he fell to the kings at 12. Was ridiculous cause i thought he was better than some of the guys who went before him. 

Teams love to find flaws instead of what they do well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

For S’s and G’s..

Haliburton/Maxey

Hield/Curry

Green/Korkmaz

Barnes/Niang

Embiid/Drummond

How far does this team go?

That roster, plus the picks, plus getting rid of Harris' contract...really can't ask for more than that.

16 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

For S’s and G’s..

Haliburton/Maxey

Hield/Curry

Green/Korkmaz

Barnes/Niang

Embiid/Drummond

I'm also don't think Thybulle is part of the deal so he starts because you added two 38-40% 3p shooters

ECF and defeated to the Heat or Bucks 

• Like 1

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

ECF and defeated to the Heat or Bucks 

You think the Heat get to ECF? I don’t know about that one. 

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

You think the Heat get to ECF? I don’t know about that one. 

Have you seen them play recently? That is a really good team and they just got Bam back. 

They are now tied for 1st in the East. 

13 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

For S’s and G’s..

Haliburton/Maxey

Hield/Curry

Green/Korkmaz

Barnes/Niang

Embiid/Drummond

Here's the only problem.....remember how deep Atlanta was last year, it seemed like they had good player after good player.....and they lost to Milwaukee who had The Greek Freak, Middleton and Holiday.....

I do like the trade above but does that win a championship?  I don't see it......I liked what Morey said, basically why get a bunch of pieces that only slightly moves your chances of winning a bit forward which ruins seasons coming up, or wait until the offseason (tossing this one aside) and getting a Superstar (Beal, Lillard, Harden) and with Embid, be one of the favorites?  

This is a superstar league, without multiple on your team, yes you can be competitive, yes you can win.....just not a championship.

5 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Here's the only problem.....remember how deep Atlanta was last year, it seemed like they had good player after good player.....and they lost to Milwaukee who had The Greek Freak, Middleton and Holiday.....

I do like the trade above but does that win a championship?  I don't see it......I liked what Morey said, basically why get a bunch of pieces that only slightly moves your chances of winning a bit forward which ruins seasons coming up, or wait until the offseason (tossing this one aside) and getting a Superstar (Beal, Lillard, Harden) and with Embid, be one of the favorites?  

This is a superstar league, without multiple on your team, yes you can be competitive, yes you can win.....just not a championship.

To me the difference is Hawks had a lot of guys that were the same age and same position. They still thinking about that next deal.

Where Buddy and Barnes are 29 already and having played in a dumpster fire for a few years they might just care about winning. 

Barnes and Green are expirings next year at a combined 28 million so they have some cap flexibility as well.