**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Season Ticket Holders got communication regarding the postponed games today.  You had three options for the money: apply it to tickets for the 2020-2021 season, credit card refund, or a paper check refund sent to your home.  Holding this years tickets for possibly attending a rescheduled game wasn't an option, which isn't really a surprise.  

Like you guys, I'm really hoping no more regular season games are played and they move right into the playoffs if/when they resume play this season.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 5:21 PM, eagle45 said:

Can you imagine MJ or Kobe saying something like that?

So he rather not shoot at all unless he knows it's going to be 40%... That is the dumbest sheet I've ever heard coming from a professional athlete. Ok not the dumbest but it's up there. 

just a bleacher report trade idea. feel free to discuss, or not.

If we could get all that in reality, Im in. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2882941-5-blockbuster-nba-trade-ideas-that-should-happen-this-offseason?fbclid=IwAR0w8kZq7eBIre0oQsfXbZ2Efj0RVFkNLaUyou6tf9rGQbSN-BgjD4dUzDM

The Trade: Ben Simmons for CJ McCollum, Anfernee Simons (or Nassir Little), a 2021 first-round pick and a 2022 second-round pick

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

just a bleacher report trade idea. feel free to discuss, or not.

If we could get all that in reality, Im in. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2882941-5-blockbuster-nba-trade-ideas-that-should-happen-this-offseason?fbclid=IwAR0w8kZq7eBIre0oQsfXbZ2Efj0RVFkNLaUyou6tf9rGQbSN-BgjD4dUzDM

The Trade: Ben Simmons for CJ McCollum, Anfernee Simons (or Nassir Little), a 2021 first-round pick and a 2022 second-round pick

I'm not a Simmons fan but do you think those 2 players dominate as much in the things that Simmons is elite in? Or are those 2 players are good enough and make up for what you lose in Simmons? That's a tough one

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not a Simmons fan but do you think those 2 players dominate as much in the things that Simmons is elite in? Or are those 2 players are good enough and make up for what you lose in Simmons? That's a tough one

theyre different, but I think theyd make up in other ways. You give up more points, but you score more. 

39 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

theyre different, but I think theyd make up in other ways. You give up more points, but you score more. 

Freaking Simmons.... Dude could dominate and be the best player of his era and just isn't doing it. It must be extremely exhausting for anyone in the sixers organization to not know if they should move on or not. 

• Like 2

On 5/4/2020 at 5:21 PM, eagle45 said:

Can you imagine MJ or Kobe saying something like that?

Yeah. "Some people put too much emphasis on it”? 
No, Ben, you put too little emphasis on it. Which is why you’ll never reach your ceiling. 

Still just don't give a crap at all about this team and whether they come back or not. 

Which is honestly kinda nice, compared to if they had actually lived up to their potential and were kicking a** this season and then in typical Phila (nega)delphia fashion, the country suffers a pandemic and threatens the continuation of the season. 

If they come back, I will watch and hope they can take out the Celtics in a 7 game series. But I would expect they lose in 5 or 6, due to Simmons inefficiencies  and Embiid being out of shape , post Covid

Joel has been completely inactive in all social media the last 7-8 weeks.  Is it...

-He is working hard on getting in shape and mentally focused to restart basketball (I was laughing pretty hard while typing this)?

-He is upset with something or there is something going on with him?

-He is now 300 pounds and does not want to be seen/made fun of on social media?

Also, I have a weird feeling that Ben is going to come back and shoot a few shots a game.  He could be working on his shot during quarantine.  Ok, time to check my temperature and make sure my mask didn't have a hole in it.

3 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Joel has been completely inactive in all social media the last 7-8 weeks.  Is it...

-He is working hard on getting in shape and mentally focused to restart basketball (I was laughing pretty hard while typing this)?

-He is upset with something or there is something going on with him?

-He is now 300 pounds and does not want to be seen/made fun of on social media?

Also, I have a weird feeling that Ben is going to come back and shoot a few shots a game.  He could be working on his shot during quarantine.  Ok, time to check my temperature and make sure my mask didn't have a hole in it.

this is why they won't win anything with jojo & ben as the core.  neither guy has shown the hunger to work on his game to become truly elite.

• Like 3

Ben has probably spent the whole time playing PUBG while JoJo is playing Fifa

On 5/13/2020 at 1:10 PM, iladelphxx said:

No thanks. We already have a big dude that’s always hurt. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 1:33 PM, mr_hunt said:

this is why they won't win anything with jojo & ben as the core.  neither guy has shown the hunger to work on his game to become truly elite.

I think I'm one of the few that still has faith in Ben Simmons.  I've just never seen a player in my life do what he does at that size, so I'm willing to be more patient than the majority.  Right up until that injury this season, even though he still wasn't shooting, he started to dominate and take over games.   We all criticize his lack of willingness to take a shot and rightfully so.  I think the people in his camp and closest to him are the worst influences on him.  He's a spoiled, entitled dude that has been able to dominate since his youth.  I doubt they're pressuring him (in fact I think they might be doing the opposite) to shoot the damn ball.  The national media couldn't do it.  His coaches couldn't do it, and that may be an indictment on them (I'm all in favor of getting rid of Brett).  

Do you think there's any chance this Jordan documentary that has taken the world by storm may get him to realize what it takes to be the best??  I know that's random, but I don't think any of these guys knew how players actually were back then.  I'm hopeful that he takes a lesson from the greatest, and his cajones are put back into place after a life of being worshipped.

2 hours ago, hputenis said:

Do you think there's any chance this Jordan documentary that has taken the world by storm may get him to realize what it takes to be the best??

No, simply because anyone who knows anything about basketball no matter what age you are knew Jordan's drive and workout regimen were out of this world. Even if you didn't know about jordan you still had Kobe and LeBron who both especially Kobe absolutely ridiculous with his drive and workout routine. If guys like Simmons are not doing it now they most likely never will. 

• Like 1

Jo Jo has been working out this whole time and is ready to go!!

klumps gifs find make share gfycat Eddie Murphy Nutty Professor ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If it's on the table, 76ers should trade one of it's stars for Anthony Edwards. 

16 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

If it's on the table, 76ers should trade one of it's stars for Anthony Edwards. 

Considering they don't even know if they are going to finish this season I would say it's not on the table.