**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Pouty Kyrie, who cares attitude of Ben and KD. What could go wrong for the nets next year. Even if they try to trade him now, teams will be hesitant cause he can’t sign an immediate long term extension due to opting in. Meaning you basically have to wait to do it. And with how temperamental Kyrie is and did to cleveland and Boston who’s giving up those assets and hoping that he doesn’t change his mind over a couple of months 

He still has a few days to change his mind a few times before any of this is official.

14 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

He still has a few days to change his mind a few times before any of this is official.

Has til wednesday at 5. But has until June 30th to get an extension with Brooklyn done. However i don’t see brooklyn changing it’s time off of not wanting to give him a max extension like what he’s asking for. Can be traded to any team without hard cap restrictions but issue is he can’t sign an immediate long term extension with his new team due to the opt in. so any team giving up good assets for him has to take him at his word that he will accepted an extension down the road when he can. I’m not trading for kyrie knowing his history

Someone needs to kick doc in the nuts every time he doesn’t play joe in a game 

• Like 1

NBA off-season is lame most of the rumors are horse sheet. If the sun's give up their depth to pair an often injured Paul with an almost often injured Durant then they are the nets of the west. 

8 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

NBA off-season is lame most of the rumors are horse sheet. If the sun's give up their depth to pair an often injured Paul with an almost often injured Durant then they are the nets of the west. 

Not happening now but they would be giving up Bridges and that about it. Ayton isn't resigning and Cam Johnson is a FA next year. 

• Like 1

At least the Sixers aren't the Knicks. Moved picks and cap space just to sign Brunson. Dude is 3rd maybe 4th best option on a title winner. 

26 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

At least the Sixers aren't the Knicks. Moved picks and cap space just to sign Brunson. Dude is 3rd maybe 4th best option on a title winner. 

Watching for him not to choose them anyway. Just like everyone passed on them last year. 

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Watching for him not to choose them anyway. Just like everyone passed on them last year. 

I mean they hired his Dad to be an assistant coach 

43 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I mean they hired his Dad to be an assistant coach 

So did Temple…

we got this going for us 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reminder, this is the GM of the Sixers.  FML

Curious to see if that 3rd year is an option year like green. I’m hoping it is cause at least in 23-24 it would mean tucker can be used as an expiring contract 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Reminder, this is the GM of the Sixers.  FML

Jordan played in all 82 games at 38 yrs old on a bum knee and this guy is queefing over a hamstring from 2 yrs ago...... Harden was tired the last 2 years but, yeah better than Jordan. Great players don't take off 2 seasons Morey is a tool

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Would seem at that point it would have to be a Harris trade.

Im leaning towards Harden not opting in and just signing a 3 year deal.

I dont think they want to trade guys just to sign Tucker.

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Jordan played in all 82 games at 38 yrs old on a bum knee and this guy is queefing over a hamstring from 2 yrs ago...... Harden was tired the last 2 years but, yeah better than Jordan. Great players don't take off 2 seasons Morey is a tool

Morey is for sure a complete idiot. But he said that back in 2019. Before Harden got tired. 

And it was based on the fact/stat that Harden was a better scorer. I dont remember the exact stat. May have been per game over career. Or points per 100 possessions. Or whatever. But there was a legitimate stat to argue that Harden is the greatest scorer of all time. Emphasis on the very specific wording "scorer". Not best player. Just purely in terms of scoring. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Would seem at that point it would have to be a Harris trade.

Im leaning towards Harden not opting in and just signing a 3 year deal.

I dont think they want to trade guys just to sign Tucker.

Yeah i think there’s more of a chance now that harden doesn’t opt in and the sixers give him something like 3 years $112 mil to clear that space (still think the opt in is more likely to happen). I think they’d ideally like to trade Harris to get better pieces or next offseason use him as an expiring contract where he becomes more valuable. 

Kinda has the feel like something big is coming. Dont know if good or bad, but big.

Reminds me of when they were talking about signing Horford but we knew we didnt have money for that. Butler got traded, and JJ Redick was gone right away in free agency.

We know we dont have money for 3/30 for Tucker, yet with all the reports, its basically a foregone conclusion. Sounds like deal is done.

You know someone will be gone, like JJ was that year. Could be Thybulle. And you sense a trade is coming. Could it be a big Harris deal?

Good or bad, should be very interesting as soon as FA kicks off. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Kinda has the feel like something big is coming. Dont know if good or bad, but big.

Reminds me of when they were talking about signing Horford but we knew we didnt have money for that. Butler got traded, and JJ Redick was gone right away in free agency.

We know we dont have money for 3/30 for Tucker, yet with all the reports, its basically a foregone conclusion. Sounds like deal is done.

You know someone will be gone, like JJ was that year. Could be Thybulle. And you sense a trade is coming. Could it be a big Harris deal?

Good or bad, should be very interesting as soon as FA kicks off. 

PJ isn’t big enough for you?

Seems most likely Harden opts out, signs a lesser deal clearing cap space and the 76ers sign Tucker to the MLE.  

2 year deal would be great. 3 year deal would be tolerable, but not ideal. Anything over 3 years would be a fireable offense.

3 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Seems most likely Harden opts out, signs a lesser deal clearing cap space and the 76ers sign Tucker to the MLE.  

2 year deal would be great. 3 year deal would be tolerable, but not ideal. Anything over 3 years would be a fireable offense.

I’d bet that 3rd year is an option year like they had with green.  

• Like 1