**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

so is anyone willing to talk crazy w what this means? why would Morey be trying to get off of Tobi right now? The Harden opt out and team friendly resign helps sign PJ Tucker. You don't need to force out Tobi anymore to do that. 

Morey is working on something. and I doubt his motivation in dumping the biggest contract on the team at the moment is so he can sign Divencenzo and Patty Mills. 

it's great that morey is looking to upgrade by moving tobi. tobi just isn't a great fit with this team. he's not a natural catch & shoot guy and isn't a very good rebounder either. 

• Like 2

I really don't like the Barnes/Holmes idea that the guys on realgm keep bringing up. 

I think Harris to Barnes is a downgrade. Might be better fit but I just don't see it moving the needle,  at least not in a positive way. 

I'd guess it's a sign and trade possibility where we can land a big FA for a discount.  Like Harris for Beal. 

I don't think they're going to turn Harris in to 2 lesser players. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Thats my question

unless he can land you a high level guy why move tobi?

16 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I really don't like the Barnes/Holmes idea that the guys on realgm keep bringing up. 

I think Harris to Barnes is a downgrade. Might be better fit but I just don't see it moving the needle,  at least not in a positive way. 

I'd guess it's a sign and trade possibility where we can land a big FA for a discount.  Like Harris for Beal. 

I don't think they're going to turn Harris in to 2 lesser players. 

we need depth though. Legitimately didn't have anything last year. 

Tobi + Thybulle for Barnes/Richaun/Justin Holiday would be fine with me. Solve the backup C thing finally (Richaun signed for 4 years) and swap out the two forwards. Barnes is a slight downgrade IMO and Holiday = Thybulle. But I think Thybulle absolutely blows and will need to be paid soon, so maybe thats ultimately a lack of leverage in these talks with him. 

That said, I think Morey knows a deal like this is there if he wants it. I think he's shooting for something bigger. 

if they can move tobi for more of a 3 & D guy who can rebound...that could help. it might not necessarily be a star...just a better fit. 

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

if they can move tobi for more of a 3 & D guy who can rebound...that could help. it might not necessarily be a star...just a better fit. 

the square peg round hole experiment hasn't worked. i'm fine with a better fit at this point. 

16 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Thats my question

Not from the sixers side of things, Pompey had a story saying Harris wanted a bigger and more prominent role on a team. That didn’t come from the sixers. It came from Harris’ camp. Frankly I think Harris doesn’t want to be here anymore and that’s why his camp leaked that to Pompey. He rather be elsewhere for that reason. I also believe he likely is tired of dealing with the fan base who really went after him last year to the point he told them not to cheer for him. So i think it could be a mutual sixers and tobias wants out. 

Imo i think the sixers would get more for Harris if they waited til the deadline and really next offseason. He becomes an expiring contract and there might be a team like the spurs willing to take on that contract or a team that has a good player but sees the writing on the wall as it’s time to rebuild willing to take him back as his contract comes off the books at season’s end. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Thats my question

At this point does't seem necessary just for salary.  If the harden rumors are true and he takes that much less. 

I'd assume it's only for a major move for a star. Which,  a while ago windhorst said Morey was looking to do this summer. 

i mean, beal has been mentioned some. idk if they'd run a lineup of maxey, harden, beal, tucker, & embiid out there....but morey likes his stars. i'd rather the star be a pf/sf type guy but idk who that would be. 

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

it's great that morey is looking to upgrade by moving tobi. tobi just isn't a great fit with this team. he's not a natural catch & shoot guy and isn't a very good rebounder either. 

He’s a terrible rebounder. The lack of getting offensive boards have killed them in the playoffs the last two years. 

Just now, Gannan said:

He’s a terrible rebounder. The lack of getting offensive boards have killed them in the playoffs the last two years. 

yeah, i think they were the 2nd worst rebounding team in the nba last season. that has to change. 

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

I’d be pretty happy with Otto Porter jr. I wanted to try to get him last year on a cheap deal. He’s actually a solid role player. Plus he looks like he could be Wilt’s kid so he has that going for him. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

House was obvious. 

Porter would be nice. 

The NBA cap confuses the ish out of me. But assuming Harden opts out, technically that number comes off the cap.  So if they clear Harris and his contract off the books in a straight salary dump, does that open up a max FA slot? They can then re-sign Harden to go over the cap?

Windhorst says he didn't know what the 6ers will look like.  Could have 3-5 new players in the next 3-5 days.

19 minutes ago, Mat said:

The NBA cap confuses the ish out of me. But assuming Harden opts out, technically that number comes off the cap.  So if they clear Harris and his contract off the books in a straight salary dump, does that open up a max FA slot? They can then re-sign Harden to go over the cap?

There are cap holds, so you'd have to renounce his rights to truly free up the space and have a max slot. But then,  after renouncing him, you no longer have the rights to sign him over the cap.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

:worthy:

The vertical is good for Harden lobs but can he work on his spazzing out too?

I call bs on the last part of this tweet based off the Pompey story 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

Good, maybe that is so he can hop over Doc and actually get on the court!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Good, maybe that is so he can hop over Doc and actually get on the court!

Come on man. Be better than this…. His name is Glenn lol