Jump to content
4for4EaglesNest

*Official 76ers Thread* Offseason...New Arena plans....Donate to the James Harden fund today

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Sacramento is a possible landing spot for Tobias Harris if the Sixers re-engage in trade talks for him. – via Matt Moore @ Action Network

For Harrison Barnes+?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Definitely would allow them to get tucker and not have to just ship guys like thybulle and kork out for nothing. Also helps wait on dealing tobias if they wanted too. He becomes more valuable at the trade deadline/next offseason with his contract becoming an expiring contract in 23-24

If they play it right,  Harris, Tucker, and Harden will all expire at the same time. 

Even if Harden and Tucker get a 3rd year unguaranteed to make it easier to trade,  or release. 

Could be looking at big space in 2 summers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

If they play it right,  Harris, Tucker, and Harden will all expire at the same time. 

Even if Harden and Tucker get a 3rd year unguaranteed to make it easier to trade,  or release. 

Could be looking at big space in 2 summers. 

I’m guessing if harden is not opting in and taking less then he’s likely getting a guaranteed 3rd year. I’d love to get him on 2 year. Even so harris and tucker coming off clears room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Windhorst said the 6ers are operating as if they have the full MLE, and the BAE.

 

So you'll get Tucker,  and the BAE should be somewhere around 3 million, so someone for that amount too. I'd guess they'd give Drummond that as a thank you/sorry for the Nets trade rather than trying to get him back on a vet min.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently knicks have reached out to teams about trading Randle.

He makes less than Harris. He adds rebounding and toughness. Good fit on the court and for the cap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Windhorst said the 6ers are operating as if they have the full MLE, and the BAE.

 

So you'll get Tucker,  and the BAE should be somewhere around 3 million, so someone for that amount too. I'd guess they'd give Drummond that as a thank you/sorry for the Nets trade rather than trying to get him back on a vet min.

Nets apparently trying to get ayton 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Khani1 said:

For Harrison Barnes+?

barnes & richaun holmes works :whistle:   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Nets apparently trying to get ayton 

 

Yeah. I think its a pretty good bet Drummond will come back to play for Doc again, with more assurance that they arent just going to ship him wherever the hell again next time. 

Bench with Melton, Tucker, and Drummond would be pretty good before signing some vet min guys.

Just gotta find a way to turn Thybulle in to someting useful on the wing. 

 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

barnes & richaun holmes works :whistle:   

holmes is a free agent I believe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woj suggesting that Harden will opt out and take less money 

 

W

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

 

 

holmes is a free agent I believe.

nah. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Randle and Reddish for Harris makes a ton of cap, and basketball sense for us.

And allows Tobias to go be the alpha on a sucky team. 

Harris makes about 36M, and Randle + Reddish make 26-27

So you are just about at that area where you get the full MLE from the trade.

Need to find a team to take about 2M more from NY to make it work. 

 

Harden, Maxey, Reddish, Randle, Embiid

Melton, Thybulle?, Tucker, Niang, Drummond

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mr_hunt said:

nah. 

my bad. I remember his name in the "free agent and trade primer" article from rights to ricky sanches. Hes in the trade portion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Randle and Reddish for Harris makes a ton of cap, and basketball sense for us.

And allows Tobias to go be the alpha on a sucky team. 

Harris makes about 36M, and Randle + Reddish make 26-27

So you are just about at that area where you get the full MLE from the trade.

Need to find a team to take about 2M more from NY to make it work. 

Been reports the Knicks are trying to go after ayton or murray. Not sure they want to take on money if they are attempting to go after Brunson and add either murray or ayton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Been reports the Knicks are trying to go after ayton or murray. Not sure they want to take on money if they are attempting to go after Brunson and add either murray or ayton. 

well that sucks. I had the team all figured out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Woj suggesting that Harden will opt out and take less money 

 

W

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HazletonEagle said:

well that sucks. I had the team all figured out. 

Might not be able to get murray or ayton. I still think makes most sense for the pacers with ayton. Although possible the Knicks do a sign  and trade with Phoenix of ayton for randle and cam if structure ayton contract a certain way and some fillers going back and forth 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

 

Interesting notes from what I can see of that article behind a paywall

BAE us up to a little over 4M.

However using the BAE, OR the NTPMLE triggers a hard cap  at 156.9M

 

 

Im not sure teams ever want to trigger that hard cap. At that point you cant even do any sign and trades. You are pretty much limited to vet min as your ONLY way to add talent. It gets really restirictive.

I wonder if Harden is leaving enough off that we can use those exceptions, and still have a tiny bit of wiggle room before the hard cap.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pretty sure the spurs are going into a full tank rebuild and trying to get victor 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a little mix of whats been rumored, and what may be ideal and realistic considering that is

Tucker MLE

Drummond BAE

House- vet min

Thybulle + traded for Gordon

 

Maxey, Harden, Melton, Harris, Embiid

Dort, House, Tucker, Niang, Drummond

 

You have a ton of defense, and still really good shooting on that bench.

EDIT: Nevermind. Thybulle, Kork, and Shake still doesnt even get you close to Gordon. Dont see how they can still land him. Maybe Dort. OKC is supposedly interested. Wonder if Dort is a realistic option.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.4934a0ea5da40c35716573c14fa5f634.png

 

 

If OKC would be kind enough to take on salary, and they are reportedly interested in Thybulle we can save about 8M with this trade which just about gets us that MLE.

The trade would also work with any 1, or combination of 2 of these players. 

Id give picks to make this work. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The selfish malcontent who doesn't care about winning just opted out.  We got a little more money to spend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

💣💣💣💣💣

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...