**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, vikas83 said:

Makes sense they are both quitters

F that I’d have made him go through the whole process. F Ben Simmons 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

F that I’d have made him go through the whole process. F Ben Simmons 

Yeah, I don’t know why they would settle. Ben really had no case at all. I’d have made him go through the whole process only to lose. 

20 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Wonder what Ben has accomplished. 

Beat his own high score in Call of Duty

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

Note to self, freak out on Oct 19 when we arent as good as Boston.  Got it 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

https://thelibertyline.com/2022/08/15/daryl-morey-kevin-durant-rumors/

Guess not only were Harden and Durant at the concert together in London,  they've also been working out together. 

Morey at eagles practice was asked about the rumors and said no comment.  Which is not a denial.

I have my guy who said the Celtics are worried about brown leaving in two years and that’s why they’d deal brown to get KD. I trust him cause he’s usually spot on with this stuff. However i see it differently as this drags out. If I’m the nets, jaylen brown, 2027 and 2029 unprotected picks and some depth pieces sounds pretty damn good for a 34 year old KD who’s going to be a pain in the ass. Especially cause if the nets suck those picks owned by houston makes the situation look even worse.

i don’t believe at this point if brown was offered that they’d turn down a 25 year old all star that’s a heck of a two way player to pair with Simmons on the defensive end of the court. If that’s true the nets should fire marks cause they aren’t getting better than those picks and brown for KD. Sixers can’t match brown. Miami can’t unless it’s Herro aand Bam which means they’d have to deal Simmons somewhere and get Miami to do it. raptors only willing to give up siakam and OG. good but not the upside of brown. Suns have bridges and cam Johnson as ayton can’t be dealt til jan 15. 

So I seem to think that the nets are using  the Celtics as ploy to get it teams to up their ante but no one is buying it. I don’t see KD being traded and I’m guessing he is gonna be a **** behind the scenes. Only way Philly gets him is if it gets bad enough and he forces his way here. Possible if the Celtics are just a ploy and Miami isn’t willing to up the ante. Frankly the sixers offering maxey and Harris is better than bridges and cam imo 

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

player to pair with Simmons on the defensive end of the court. I

I don't see Simmons playing this year either.... Maybe lol

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Simmons won't play another game in the NBA. He's finished, and he's untradeable. We were lucky to be able to unload him. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Simmons won't play another game in the NBA. He's finished, and he's untradeable. We were lucky to be able to unload him. 

I think he will play a game here and there but he will just continue to use his back and " mental health" to keep sitting long periods of time

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think he will play a game here and there but he will just continue to use his back and " mental health" to keep sitting long periods of time

He reminds me a lot of Bynum. I don't think Bynum ever played in an NBA game again after being traded here. Just seems like a very similar situation with a guy who doesn't really want to play. Maybe he plays a handful of games, but if he can figure out how to get away without playing he won't play. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gannan said:

He reminds me a lot of Bynum. I don't think Bynum ever played in an NBA game again after being traded here. Just seems like a very similar situation with a guy who doesn't really want to play. Maybe he plays a handful of games, but if he can figure out how to get away without playing he won't play. 

I agree. Especially given the fact that he keeps finding ways to get paid without playing or even practicing. Brands keep sponsoring him as well. Dude is set for life without even having to play anymore

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I agree. Especially given the fact that he keeps finding ways to get paid without playing or even practicing. Brands keep sponsoring him as well. Dude is set for life without even having to play anymore

Not the way he spends money. I agree he will probably not play many games, if any. But he will blow through that money within 3-4 years. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Not the way he spends money. I agree he will probably not play many games, if any. But he will blow through that money within 3-4 years. 

We will see but, when Ferrari chose to sponsor him just because he likes their cars is unreal and only enabling him. Dude is now a Kardashian himself lol. Lots of money to do nothing except act like a spoiled clown

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think he plays. Probably gonna be the same as he did in Philly where he turns it on right before the all star break thinking he has a shot at being an all star.

I think he’s driven by the lifestyle and money so that when he becomes an expiring contract in the last year of his deal that is probably the best the Nets are going to get from him. he knows he needs to do something to get his next contract like what he does right before the all star break every year. At that point when he gets the next contract and after I think he plays even less.  

4 hours ago, nipples said:

No he won’t. 

Nope no chance in hell. 

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Wonder what he will wear on the bench?

I flew in for the warriors game last year, but this season (approx the same week… maybe it’s just one weekend later now) it’s the same weekend as the eagles-bears game, and I’m already booked to Chicago. So I guess I won’t be doing that matchup for the 6th or so time