**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yup. He averaged 10.8 ppg, 4.5 reb, 2.7 asts and 1.4 steals in just under 23 mins a game. He’s also 24 so still young. Whoever the sixers took at 23 wasn’t playing under doc. he might be our best bench player at the moment which is like being the tallest midget 

yep...people complained about depth.  well, he's depth.

• Like 4

Apparently with the trade of Green 76ers no longer can get to the full MLE for Tucker.

According to Capulator, we would need to shed about $4.7 mil to get the full MLE. Thybulle is about $4.4 mil.

Problem I have is, Danny Green was going to miss most of the season, and is gone. Melton replaces the skillset, but at 6'2'' cant replace the role. We have no starting SF on this roster.

Even if you trade for Eric Gordon- same problem. This team needs to find SF talent somewhere. Not just 1, but 2. No green. Kork is out of the rotation. Shake is meh... Thybulle needs to go too. We really have no one there.

Just checked and Shake Milton played 21.5 minutes per game last season. Thank god that’s over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gannan said:

It’s not thrilling, but he instantly becomes our best bench scorer. Low bar I know. 

He isn't a great scorer 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

not sure if he is accounting for 10M of Danny Green money going out the door here. Im sure they just earned cap space trading 10M for whatever Melton is making.

1 minute ago, Blazehound said:

Apparently with the trade of Green 76ers no longer can get to the full MLE for Tucker.

doesnt make any sense to me why they wouldnt get that MLE. This move should have helped on that front.

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He isn't a great scorer 

He averaged more points last year than anyone on our bench.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

not sure if he is accounting for 10M of Danny Green money going out the door here. Im sure they just earned cap space trading 10M for whatever Melton is making.

doesnt make any sense to me why they wouldnt get that MLE. This move should have helped on that front.

Melton makes $8.25m per year

I think the scenarios with them getting to use the NTMLE had them moving Green’s money without taking similar money back.

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Milton making $8 million. green’s $10 mil contract was not guaranteed til 7/1. So I’m guessing he believed they would just not bring green back to do it or take little back to get it 

Just now, Blazehound said:

Melton makes $8.25m per year

But Danny made 10 this year. We cut space. Should be closer to the non-tax payer MLE.

Can still shed Kork, Shake, and Thybulle salary. 

1 minute ago, Shepard Wong said:

I think the scenarios with them getting to use the NTMLE had them moving Green’s money without taking similar money back.

Well, I will say, if we went with 23 year old Melton instead of Tucker, thats a massive win. 23 year old Melton with 2 years left instead of 3 years of Tucker? Even more massive win.

BUT, think they can still get to that full MLE. 

1 minute ago, Shepard Wong said:

Bingo

Just now, mr_hunt said:

I thought you guys didn't want tucker. :roll:

I’m fine with tucker as a bench guy on a 1 or even 2 year deal. I’m guessing Miami or atlanta will give him that 3 years he wants. 

1 minute ago, Blazehound said:

Wonder if they trade Springer? Guy has no spot on the roster at this point.

For a bag of basketballs? Just keep him in the G league 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

still have mattise as a trade chip...not much else though.

Got Harris depending on what you are willing to take back lol 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

For a bag of basketballs? Just keep him in the G league 

What they should do. Maybe he has a light bulb moment and it clicks for him and he becomes a bench player for us. He’s still super young. He’s still 19 and has been in the g league for a year. 

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

I thought you guys didn't want tucker. :roll:

I sure as hell dont. But I want the full MLE to try to add someone decent.