**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Would be a nice pickup but not sure we get him or could afford him 

6B81CC89-2DAE-4C4D-B000-EA46BC6C3B9B.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Get paid and ask for a trade in a year 

Might benefit the sixers (assuming they want him) then cause Harris becomes an expiring contract next offseason. which Washington at that point in time would actually welcome as they could clear cap space the following summer or even use Harris at the trade deadline in 23-24. (Under the assumption Harris is back this year) 

On 6/23/2022 at 10:59 AM, 20dawk4life said:

image.thumb.png.8611701d8fed905c2a79a2974f11b3dc.png

Reports are spurs are looking for 3 first round picks. Let’s get it done!!!!!

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Might benefit the sixers (assuming they want him) then cause Harris becomes an expiring contract next offseason. which Washington at that point in time would actually welcome as they could clear cap space the following summer or even use Harris at the trade deadline in 23-24. (Under the assumption Harris is back this year) 

Wizards have a real shot at Victor and would be crazy to not try for him 

10 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Wizards have a real shot at Victor and would be crazy to not try for him 

Without beal I would agree. With beal, they likely are finishing around 38-40 wins and very unlikely to win the lottery to get Victor. Beal only played 40 games this year (and he wasn’t himself due to that wrist injury) and the wiz won 35 games were the 10th worst team. Realistically the Wizards should want to do a sign and trade for beal to start accumulating assets and accepting a really bad year if they want victor. They likely could get assets similar at the trade deadline or next offseason (assuming beal returns to prior 2021-22 form), but with beal on the roster they are likely going to have more success than they’d like and not have as likely a chance to get victor.

I said last offseason they should’ve dealt him when he was unsure what he was going to do and just started their rebuild. They could’ve potentially wound up with someone like Jabari Smith/Ivey/holmgren and potentially victor which sets them up much better long term. I’m not very high on Johny Davis. I think he’s going to just be a solid role player. 

33 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I assume this means Tobias is as good as gone. 

I believe trading korkmaz and thybulle will allow for it them to get it depending on what they are getting back in that trade. 

I would trade Kork and Tobias plus picks for the best player I could get. I would keep thybulle.

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I believe trading korkmaz and thybulle will allow for it them to get it depending on what they are getting back in that trade. 

Pretty much have to take back no salary in any trade dumping Kork, Shake, and Thybulle.

And supposedly the 6ers aren't going to do thybulle for a Salary dump. 

Not sure what the move can be to make Tucker work.

Yes I would say shake, Kork, and Tobias and picks should be the top end in a trade.

29 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Pretty much have to take back no salary in any trade dumping Kork, Shake, and Thybulle.

And supposedly the 6ers aren't going to do thybulle for a Salary dump. 

Not sure what the move can be to make Tucker work.

Depends on if they believe getting a first back is considered a dump and if a team would be willing to trade a future first.

Also could potentially do springer, kork, joe and someone like shake. which accounts for freeing 10.7 mil. I’m not sure they have to trade shake in it though. If they waived green it saved $10 mil. Melton makes $8.25. So needed to clear the $10 mil with green to do it. Basically save 1.75 with melton as compared to danny. So really needed to clear $8.25 mil after acquiring melton. Trading spring, kork and joe would give you $8.8 mil gone if you just took a pick back. 

i don’t think this roster is better than teams like the warriors, Celtics and bucks but it’s better than what we had last year particularly the bench if you have melton and tucker off he bench. 

starters: harden, maxey, thybulle/tucker, tobias and embiid. 

bench: melton, thybulle/tucker, niang, shake, reed and bassey

8 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

Yes I would say shake, Kork, and Tobias and picks should be the top end in a trade.

Problem with trading tobias you have to either send him to a team that can absorb his contract so you don’t have to take money back so they have to have the cap space. And in order to do that a team like Orlando is going to want assets coming along with him to do that favor for you. So you likely are dealing thybulle (one of their only assets left to just make that trade) in that type of move anyway. Or you are gonna have to come close to matching salary with another team. Which likely means taking back some bad contracts but can clear a little space.

Can do both but it’s not easy to move tobias this offseason as compared to the trade deadline and next year when he becomes an expiring contract. the reality is in order to trade tobias you are likely giving up assets or taking back bad contracts to come close to matching his salary. 

I wouldn't trade I. Joe and springer, as we made that mistake many times. Give them time to truly develop.

14 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

I wouldn't trade I. Joe and springer, as we made that mistake many times. Give them time to truly develop.

I’m not so sure the sixers don’t believe champagnie can’t give you what Joe does and was a better defender than Joe at the college level. I think Joe is a better shooter coming out but both champagnie and joe their final year in college shot 34% from 3 and both shot roughly 45% from the field. Joe was 38% 3 point shooter his two years in college and champagnie was 35%. Best year for joe was 41% and best year for champagnie was 38%. Both dropped significantly their last year in college. 

im not advocating to trade Joe. I actually like him and wish doc wasn’t stubborn and an idiot with him. Just play him. But i can see the sixers line of thinking if doc isn’t going to play him and they feel champagnie can develop into what they initially believed Joe could be 

I'd be pretty thrilled with Melton, Oladipo, and TJ Warren 

Which I think are fairly doable free agent acquisitions.

Can still trade Thybulle and kork or Shake for another decent rotation player. 

Would Raju be a good bench then. 

I like warren even though he has only played 4 games in two years. Likely getting him cheap and on a price it contract. Plus he knows he’d get mins here and potentially could start at some point. 

i feel like oladipo is going to have more suitors to compete with. As i think some team will still believe he could be a high quality starter even though he only played 8 games this year. He might be a more difficult pull than someone like warren just do to bad teams being bad teams. 

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

assume this means Tobias is as good as gone. 

So is Tucker gonna start for us? That would be fing moronic. 

10 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

So is Tucker gonna start for us? That would be fing moronic. 

I think they keep thybulle he gets first run as the starter. At least regular season. I could see them making that move like they did with green in the postseason where got inserted into that starting spot then. I don’t know how much money the sixers need to clear in order to use the MLE of 3 years $30. I remember hearing with Danny if they released/cut him before July 1 it would do it cause they only needed to clear $6 mil. But I’m not sure that’s accurate. 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think they keep thybulle he gets first run as the starter. At least regular season. I could see them making that move like they did with green in the postseason where got inserted into that starting spot then. I don’t know how much money the sixers need to clear in order to use the MLE of 3 years $30. I remember hearing with Danny if they released/cut him before July 1 it would do it cause they only needed to clear $6 mil. But I’m not sure that’s accurate. 

Tucker is 37. It’s a dumber contract than Horford. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I like warren even though he has only played 4 games in two years. Likely getting him cheap and on a price it contract. Plus he knows he’d get mins here and potentially could start at some point. 

i feel like oladipo is going to have more suitors to compete with. As i think some team will still believe he could be a high quality starter even though he only played 8 games this year. He might be a more difficult pull than someone like warren just do to bad teams being bad teams. 

I think they could both be tough.  Reportedly teams are considering 10M for Warren.

But the 6ers seem to plan to recruit hard on championship aspirations abs show off Doc, Embiid, abs Harden. Every year the Lakers abs Bucks get a ton of guys to sign.  We just need one if those types of offseason where guys choose us.

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The Forbes article I posted explains everything after the Melton trade.  I think they need to clear over 8 million

22 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Tucker is 37. It’s a dumber contract than Horford. 

I’d argue horford is still much dumber. That was the last time they were going to have significant cap space. They spent it on Horford who was 33 coming off a down season where he had a knee issue. And the analytics said there was a big drop off him at center to power forward. And he didn’t fit whatsoever into the offense unless embiid was out. They basically signed him hoping he could play 4 and if he couldn’t he’s be the back up to embiid. and his contract was so bad at that time they had to give up pick to get rid of him. I don’t see that being an issue with tucker if he needs to be dealt. And it’s significantly less money. He’s literally been he same player in 4 of the last 5 years and teams out there are willing to give him the same contract (hawks are rumored to be willing to do so and there’s apparently other suitors besides sixers, heat and hawks) so if they need to move him i don’t believe it’ll be nearly as hard as horford at that time  

Tucker might be 37 (and i wouldn’t love that contract. Frankly if i got that MLE I’d look elsewhere) but he’s a far better fit than horford was. Much more palatable contract in trying to move it if they need too. Frankly think pj tucker and his camp are using the sixers to Force Miami to match it. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

The Forbes article I posted explains everything after the Melton trade.  I think they need to clear over 8 million

That’s what i thought cause with green being dealt until they waived him his money was technically there. They technically saved 1.75 mil in that trade with green. (Plus didn’t have to pay the rookie contract). So Kork, springer and someone like Joe would get them to the threshold.

I’d ideally like to keep joe but i wouldn’t be that shocked if the sixers see champagnie as a slightly worse shooter than joe but a upgrade defensively as his replacement if they make a trade with joe. 

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d argue horford is still much dumber. That was the last time they were going to have significant cap space. They spent it on Horford who was 33 coming off a down season where he had a knee issue. And the analytics said there was a big drop off him at center to power forward. And he didn’t fit whatsoever into the offense unless embiid was out. They basically signed him hoping he could play 4 and if he couldn’t he’s be the back up to embiid. and his contract was so bad at that time they had to give up pick to get rid of him. I don’t see that being an issue with tucker if he needs to be dealt. And it’s significantly less money. He’s literally been he same player he last 5 years and teams out there are willing to give him the same contract so if they need to move him i don’t believe it’ll be nearly as hard as horford at that time  

Tucker might be 37 (and i wouldn’t love that contract. Frankly if i got that MLE I’d look elsewhere) but he’s a far better fit than horford was. Much more palatable contract in trying to move it if they need too. Frankly think pj tucker is using the sixers to Force Miami to match it. 

Horford was moronic no doubt. But to waste time entertaining PJ Tucker as a starter is the dumbest sheet I’ve ever heard of and I’d rather give up picks for someone else to have Tucker at 10 million a year than us do it. 

• Like 1