**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Really? I didnt realize our drafting was bad. 

Do we have a championship? I don't know that he had any say but you don't have to be a genius to fix the 76ers problems.

Just now, Right4thePicking said:

Do we have a championship? I don't know that he had any say but you don't have to be a genius to fix the 76ers problems.

Theyve drated well. The problem is with their free agent and trade acquisitions. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Theyve drated well. The problem is with their free agent and trade acquisitions. 

Fultz, not using the gazillion pick resources we had correctly, the trade with Boston in which they took our guy with the pick we gave them, not drafting Shae gilalexander, ... I'm upset. It's like being cosmically connected to a woman you can't stand. When you know all you have to do is win and a new door opens.

Simmons and Embiid are good players. Thybulle was a pick that exceeded all of our expectations. Landry was an awesome pick. Shayock appears promising. Jury is out on Milton but he had flashed big time this season. Fultz pick made sense at the time and no one could have predicted the shoulder issue. Cant fault them for that. 

Their drafting has been fine. More than fine. The free agents they pick are the problem. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Simmons and Embiid are good players. Thybulle was a pick that exceeded all of our expectations. Landry was an awesome pick. Shayock appears promising. Jury is out on Milton but he had flashed big time this season. Fultz pick made sense at the time and no one could have predicted the shoulder issue. Cant fault them for that. 

Their drafting has been fine. More than fine. The free agents they pick are the problem. 

There was so much clear cut talent in that fultz draft, that it didn't warrant a trade up. It was really crazy not to trade back. Ray Charles could see that.

3 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

There was so much clear cut talent in that fultz draft, that it didn't warrant a trade up. It was really crazy not to trade back. Ray Charles could see that.

at the time, they needed a PG/Combo guard and he was the guy. 

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

at the time, they needed a PG/Combo guard and he was the guy. 

Sacramento got a guard. So did the Jazz. 

1 minute ago, Right4thePicking said:

Sacramento got a guard. So did the Jazz. 

I liked those guys, but the 20/20 hindsight game is always dumb to play. 

At the time Fultz was absolutely universally viewed as the prospect and there was no comparison to be made. 

Fox couldnt shoot (which the 6ers needed), and Mitchell couldnt either and wasnt viewed as a PG at all (both of which the 6ers needed). 

Fultz the way he moved and his style of handles + well polished 3 level scoring ability was compared to Harden and was exactly what this team needed more than anything. 

Also, youre talking about 1 pick. They arent going to hit on every pick. No team does. But theyve done damn well with their picks.  

55 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I liked those guys, but the 20/20 hindsight game is always dumb to play. 

At the time Fultz was absolutely universally viewed as the prospect and there was no comparison to be made. 

Fox couldnt shoot (which the 6ers needed), and Mitchell couldnt either and wasnt viewed as a PG at all (both of which the 6ers needed). 

Fultz the way he moved and his style of handles + well polished 3 level scoring ability was compared to Harden and was exactly what this team needed more than anything. 

Also, youre talking about 1 pick. They arent going to hit on every pick. No team does. But theyve done damn well with their picks.  

Mitchell definitely was a player no one thought he would turn into what he became. 

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Mitchell definitely was a player no one thought he would turn into what he became. 

I remember liking Mitchell as a slasher scorer.  But no one coulda imagined just how proficient he would be as a rookie. And now taking on PG duties...

That guy woulda been great for a team picking like 5th but we were 3rd and got aggressive to go up for the one tip prospect ar the position we needed who offered ther right skillset at that position that fit our roster construction. There's nothing wrong with that thought process. 

I loved Fox too but he wasn't that guy. 

27 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I remember liking Mitchell as a slasher scorer.  But no one coulda imagined just how proficient he would be as a rookie. And now taking on PG duties...

That guy woulda been great for a team picking like 5th but we were 3rd and got aggressive to go up for the one tip prospect ar the position we needed who offered ther right skillset at that position that fit our roster construction. There's nothing wrong with that thought process. 

There is no way in one interview you couldn't diagnose that fultz didn't have the mental make up.

36 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Sadly Fox, Tatum, and Mitchell all turned into players the sixers could of used. The guy they traded up for was supposed to be what all those guys became

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Sadly Fox, Tatum, and Mitchell all turned into players the sixers could of used. The guy they traded up for was supposed to be what all those guys became

Yep. 

Anyone not miss this team at all? Suppose we'll take this break that is healing Simmons back... but I still couldn't care less to see this specific group take the court again. Meh. 

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

Anyone not miss this team at all? Suppose we'll take this break that is healing Simmons back... but I still couldn't care less to see this specific group take the court again. Meh. 

I just want to go straight to the offseason to start trying to fix it. As of now it seems we would have the OKC 1st round pick. I dont want to continue the season and risk losing that. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 10:02 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Tatum was turning into a superstar the 2nd half of the year. A legit superstar 

Almost every day the NBC Sports philly app send me a notification that they are airing a "classic NBA game" tonight. However its been like meaningless games from the last 2 regular seasons where we blast some garbage team. Hardly would consider these NBA Classics.

NBA postponed the draft lottery and combine that were both supposed to take place this month. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

NBA postponed the draft lottery and combine that were both supposed to take place this month. 

Stupid. Just give Cleveland the number one pick then throw darts at a board for the rest. 

• Like 1

I had been wondering what the heck an NBA draft would look like with no combine considering they base almost all on athleticism/potential rather than skill. Without a combine in the NBA I figured they would not draft.

BUT, with so many states beginning to re-open it should have been possible to do some sort of workout event and keep things on schedule. It seemed like perfect timing for them to be able to organize something like that.

Stupid not to. Glad the NFL had the sense to move forward with anything possible to stay as on track as possible. 

Who knows when this will happen, but just a little mock I stumbled upon today on facebook.

https://94wip.radio.com/articles/radiocom/2020-nba-mock-draft-latest-1st-round-picks-for-each-team?fbclid=IwAR0_zRdsq1uDj15WZ5Lh0wG4fBzlhmuUnIQslshwCD44z4o6yRAs3zg_bsA

22. Philadelphia 76ers - Tre Jones, G, Duke

The Sixers' glaring need for a more traditional point guard to run their offense sometimes is no secret. They started to look like a more balanced team with Shake Milton at the helm, but even he is more of a sixth man or second-unit scoring guard. Jones isn't the splashiest pick, but he brings the kind of length the Sixers appear to love, plus a much more traditional offensive profile at the point.

On 4/21/2020 at 8:00 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Same old Sixers

"Some people put so much emphasis on it," Simmons said of his shot. "It's a little too much. It made me back check and say, 'Let me focus on what I'm good at.' There are things I do on the court where nobody can stop me, when I'm putting up steals, assists, scoring in the paint.

"I know it's going to come. It's a matter of me being comfortable doing it," Simmons continued. "Some of that is getting the reps in. I can take a hook shot from the elbow, because I've done it so many times, I'm confident it will go in. It's second nature. With 3s, it's never been like that. I've got to make it a point of emphasis. I could be one of those guys shooting 30 percent right now. But I'd rather be one of those guys shooting 40 percent. " 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/76ers-ben-simmons-confident-he-will-develop-an-effective-shooting-game-i-know-its-going-to-come/amp/

Can you imagine MJ or Kobe saying something like that?

• Like 1

The sixers need to trade up to get Jah’mius Ramsey. He would be perfect for us. If they trade their second round pick and Josh for Ramsey, I think they could turn the corner.

I’m hoping they significantly shorten the rest of the NBA regular season so that the Thunder first round pick conveys to us.  That would be awesome.  I didn’t thing there was any way possible it would convey this year.  

1 hour ago, Phillyfanatic said:

I’m hoping they significantly shorten the rest of the NBA regular season so that the Thunder first round pick conveys to us.  That would be awesome.  I didn’t thing there was any way possible it would convey this year.  

Same.  I don't even want them to play another game.  

Keep that pick.  Get right to firing Brown and making big changes to the roster. 

• Like 1