**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Mikel Bridges is the answer and they gave him away for absolute garbage. That has to be the worst trade yet.

From Philly, 6'6' with a 7'1 wingspan, can you shoot the 3, and guard multiple positions. Hell, his Mom works for the Sixers, and you trade him for a 165 lbs of potential 

22 minutes ago, ggs5008 said:

I guess I was looking at it in terms of minutes. Lavine is really a 2 right? Not a PG. Only so many minutes for the 2 position which would go to Lavine for 35 of 48 minutes and if Shake and he are on the floor at the same time, Shake wont get as many looks. I don't know, maybe I'm over thinking it, but I still think that backcourt gets wrecked on defense. 

Lavine plays a lot of 1. So trading Simmons, and with the other guards here it would make a lot of sense to let him be the nominal 1 man. 

Only beef I have with Lavine is he plays zero defense.  Not even sure if he bothers going to that end of the floor.  We'd gain offense but teams will abuse him on defense.  He's ranked 415th in the NBA (211th among starters) for defensive rating.  Any gains on offense from ditching Ben for him will be quickly be undone on the other end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rambo said:

Only beef I have with Levine is he plays zero defense.  Not even sure if he bothers going to that end of the floor.  We'd gain offense but teams will abuse him on defense.  He's ranked 415th in the NBA (211th among starters) for defensive rating.  Any gains on offense from ditching Ben for him will be quickly be undone on the other end.

It equals out in the end. Right now any defensive gains from ben are immediately wiped away on the other end of the court.

Lavine is the polar opposite, perhaps. But when you have the top defense in the league I think you can afford to give a little there for a substantial gain on offense. 

I wonder, if in the right situation, Lavine might be willing to give some effort on defense. 

Fing Doc Rivers.... team is looking good when it has all of its players healthy. But he is really pissing me off...

In an appearance Tuesday on the Rich Eisen Show, Sixers head coach Doc Rivers was discussing his relationship with Morey when he dropped an interesting nugget about Morey's activity level as a trade-seeker:

"Daryl's had several trades so far that I've said, 'No, I don't want to do that,' and he moves on. That's the type of relationship you have to have when you have coach and management, I think it works that way."

Doc said morey is looking at multiple trades not including harden. Glad he's at least being aggressive. Also good to see the coach and gm on the same page with potentially trades. 

Just now, ggs5008 said:

Doc said morey is looking at multiple trades not including harden. Glad he's at least being aggressive. Also good to see the coach and gm on the same page with potentially trades. 

Doc is a good coach. But Morey is a good GM. They can be on the same page for now. But when Morey works on this stuff every day and Doc is always nixing things at some point Daryl is gonna be like- What am I here for?

If Doc turned down any Simmons trades Ill want him fired. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

If Doc turned down any Simmons trades Ill want him fired. 

This isn't Brett Brown.  Dude knows basketball.  If the value is there, he will pull the trigger.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

This isn't Brett Brown.  Dude knows basketball.  If the value is there, he will pull the trigger.

he knows basketball but Im afraid hes still in the honeymoon phase with this roster, especially Simmons. I suspect he would say ok to a great offer. Im afraid that hes already said no to a good offer or two. And not really sure a truly great offer ever comes for Simmons. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

he knows basketball but Im afraid hes still in the honeymoon phase with this roster, especially Simmons. I suspect he would say ok to a great offer. Im afraid that hes already said no to a good offer or two. And not really sure a truly great offer ever comes for Simmons. 

Give it until mid season.

• Like 1

These were issues that were hoped to be solved under coach Doc Rivers, but Simmons’ numbers have actually dipped so far in the 12 games he has played to begin the season.

His scoring average has dipped to 12.3 from 16.4, his field goal percentage has dropped from 58% to 50% while taking fewer attempts, and he has only gotten to the foul line 4.8 times per game compared to 5.2 the previous season.

"I really don’t care,” said Rivers at practice on Tuesday. "Honestly, I don’t even look. I let the world look at it; everyone’s gonna tell you anyway. I’m not that concerned with it yet. Right now, we don’t have enough in to see where any of our guys are at if you’re going to be honest.”

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

These were issues that were hoped to be solved under coach Doc Rivers, but Simmons’ numbers have actually dipped so far in the 12 games he has played to begin the season.

His scoring average has dipped to 12.3 from 16.4, his field goal percentage has dropped from 58% to 50% while taking fewer attempts, and he has only gotten to the foul line 4.8 times per game compared to 5.2 the previous season.

"I really don’t care,” said Rivers at practice on Tuesday. "Honestly, I don’t even look. I let the world look at it; everyone’s gonna tell you anyway. I’m not that concerned with it yet. Right now, we don’t have enough in to see where any of our guys are at if you’re going to be honest.”

He's keeping his trade value high.

14 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Deep sigh 

Harden hasn’t played with a forward who can threaten the defense as a scorer and playmaker since he left Oklahoma City. Playing with someone like that makes the game so much easier

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/1/19/22238489/new-look-nets-are-playing-space-age-basketball

meh... it was undoubtedly a perfect fit. But the trade is done with and I dont care to think about Harden anymore since hes a Net.

We need to be on to the next one. Figure out who that is and lock Doc in a closet for a minute while Morey orchestrates the trade. 

15 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Fing Doc Rivers.... team is looking good when it has all of its players healthy. But he is really pissing me off...

In an appearance Tuesday on the Rich Eisen Show, Sixers head coach Doc Rivers was discussing his relationship with Morey when he dropped an interesting nugget about Morey's activity level as a trade-seeker:

"Daryl's had several trades so far that I've said, 'No, I don't want to do that,' and he moves on. That's the type of relationship you have to have when you have coach and management, I think it works that way."

He has the sixers tied for first.  What is exactly is your problem with him?

23 minutes ago, barho said:

He has the sixers tied for first.  What is exactly is your problem with him?

Pretty much what I'm pointing out.  He's nixing Morey's trades.

Curry ruled out for tonight.  I think we should be fine now that Joel got a 5 day break and Maxey who played a lot of games in a row and logged a lot of minutes got to rest his legs also.  With Tatum out, we should still win this one.

9 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Curry ruled out for tonight.  I think we should be fine now that Joel got a 5 day break and Maxey who played a lot of games in a row and logged a lot of minutes got to rest his legs also.  With Tatum out, we should still win this one.

Sixers lose by 15

2 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Sixers lose by 15

No.  Shake, Joel and Maxey will carry the load.  They have Kemba back but its his second game back and he will be on a minutes restriction.  

9 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

No.  Shake, Joel and Maxey will carry the load.  They have Kemba back but its his second game back and he will be on a minutes restriction.  

Yup....really no excuse to lose this game. Still a good test, but no excuse. 

• Like 1

My buddy is working on Joel's pool and spa and said he just interrupted his afternoon nap.  Hopefully that does not impact him for tonight.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

My buddy is working on Joel's pool and spa and said he just interrupted his afternoon nap.  Hopefully that does not impact him for tonight.

Jack the Giant Slayer on Make a GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ben Simmons just had the ball with Kemba Walker in the low post and he kicked it out for an Embiid 3. What a POS.