**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Can we consider those two FT makes at the end by Ben to be clutch? :ph34r:

Anyway, I'll take a win over the Cs any day but especially with Curry out, maxey off his game and ben almost going for a triple single. 

Sexton with another 30 point performance going on with 50% shooting so far, and added a block and 2 steals for the "but the defense" folks. 

Just saying.....

Before the season I figured Cleveland was like a last resort deal. But Im really becoming a Sexton believer. Hes major competition for Shake as most improved player. The jump he is taking this year is insane. 

• Like 1

Embiid was excellent tonight.  He was wearing them out in the post.   Great to see.   Ben is a waste of sperm.  He just don’t give a ish.   

• Like 1

Sexton up over 40 in the blink of an eye, and Durant, Harden, and Irving are falling to the Sexton led Cavaliers. 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

Jamal Murray can probably be had for Ben 

Ive often thought of that for a few years and always think "theres no way".

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Sexton up over 40 in the blink of an eye, and Durant, Harden, and Irving are falling to the Sexton led Cavaliers. 

Ive often thought of that for a few years and always think "theres no way".

Once Porter gets back they are all offense and no D.

Trade works and save about $2.4 million. Then with Mike Scott 4.7 million, Sixers can bring back a guy on multiple years with a higher salary.

I wonder about Gordon and Fournier. I like this package because depending on the night/matchup youd either be replacing ben with a PF if you want more size and defense, or youd be replacing him with the shooting and scoring of Fournier. 

Neither player is perfect, but it offers nice flexibility with different skillsets to adjust to nightly matchups. 

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

The big 3 combined for 96 and they still lost.  Our full roster can take the Nets if the defense is tight and the scoring is balanced with help from the bench.  Danny Green is probably the only starter we could miss and still have a shot at beating the Nets.  But even Danny can still get hot every now and then. 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Once Porter gets back they are all offense and no D.

Trade works and save about $2.4 million. Then with Mike Scott 4.7 million, Sixers can bring back a guy on multiple years with a higher salary.

I need no convincing. Thats been one of my pipedream trades for a while. But Nugs were a playoff team recently and Murray had a long stretch of extremely high level play where I dont think the Nugs would even consider it for a second. 

I dont even know how he/they are doing this year yet. 

Can we get greedy and add Will Barton too?

2 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

The big 3 combined for 96 and they still lost.  Our full roster can take the Nets if the defense is tight and the scoring is balanced with help from the bench.  Danny Green is probably the only starter we could miss and still have a shot at beating the Nets.  But even Danny can still get hot every now and then. 

Danny isnt very good, but hes been so much more than I expected him to be this year. I had gotten used to seeing him be like 1-3 with 2-3 points for an entire game just about every night. 

Hes taking, and making a ton more shots for us this year. And he hasnt gotten as stiff and slow on defense as I thought. In fact, he was awesome down the stretch tonight. 

Embiid is an absolute beast. He shot and made more FT's than the entire Celtics team. 

Why? What is Ben's value to you? 

Some people over value the F out of Ben. Dude is scoring 12ppg this year and all he is doing is hindering Joel and his low post dominance. He will become more irrelevant once the playoffs start and have to play a half court game, but beating a dead horse at this point. 

Grant is 25 ppg, 39% from 3 on 7 attempts, 86% from the line, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, and only 26.  I would take those numbers over Ben's any day of the week. 

Ok I didn't realize grant was putting up those type of numbers. Why would the pistons do that trade?

3 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

Ok I didn't realize grant was putting up those type of numbers. Why would the pistons do that trade?

Ben is a name still and Pistons suck

2 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Can we trade Ben for a 5lb bag of single flavor starburst?

only if its red

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, nipples said:

At this point I’d trade Ben for any value they can possibly get. 

Yeah it's really getting to that point.

Rivers isn't the only ego in the league.  There's lots of coaches, GM's, owners, and other execs who see young all-star and are confident that they too have the ability to get more out of him.  He has value, and it behooves us to get as much as we can for him.  We just have to hope that Rivers, ultimately, doesn't let his ego get in the way of us dealing him.

they've thrown so many resources at the guard positions/shooters that you almost have to get another wing/forward in return for ben...and one that can play d or else you'd lose a lot on that end. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

they've thrown so many resources at the guard positions/shooters that you almost have to get another wing/forward in return for ben...and one that can play d or else you'd lose a lot on that end. 

This! I have been saying it for a few weeks now. They don't need a guard, but a wing that can create his shot off the dribble and hit open 3s when Embiid passes out of the double.