**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

19 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

This! I have been saying it for a few weeks now. They don't need a guard, but a wing that can create his shot off the dribble and hit open 3s when Embiid passes out of the double. 

As in a SF? I just don't think there's many of those in the league right now that create their own shot and hit 3s.

Like,  who would possibly be available? Safe to rule out LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, Butler.... pretty safe to rule out Ingram. 

Who is left that possesses those skills that we would be happy with?

26 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

As in a SF? I just don't think there's many of those in the league right now that create their own shot and hit 3s.

Like,  who would possibly be available? Safe to rule out LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, Butler.... pretty safe to rule out Ingram. 

Who is left that possesses those skills that we would be happy with?

Grant and Rose for Ben

Cj and Covington for Maxey and Ben

And not sure Ingram is untouchable, depending on Zion and how they work together. 

The issue is what ia Ben's value to other teams? Do we know what the exact package was for Harden? That would help gauge his value. 

Nets go 7 deep so Sixers can't beat them on starting 5, but you can sway the score significantly with legit depth. Look what Van Fleet did coming off the bench a few years ago in the playoffs, that can be Shake and to a lesser extent Curry or Green 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Nets go 7 deep so Sixers can't beat them on starting 5, but you can sway the score significantly with legit depth. Look what Van Fleet did coming off the bench a few years ago in the playoffs, that can be Shake and to a lesser extent Curry or Green 

Right now, we are 4th or 5th in the East......Milwaukee, Boston, Indiana, Nets are all better, I'd argue that once Miami gets itself together, they may catch us.  So I'm not even worried about the Nets....I'm worried that the Sixers are going to be a bottom half team in the East and forget again doing anything in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, NYEagle said:

Right now, we are 4th or 5th in the East......Milwaukee, Boston, Indiana, Nets are all better, I'd argue that once Miami gets itself together, they may catch us.  So I'm not even worried about the Nets....I'm worried that the Sixers are going to be a bottom half team in the East and forget again doing anything in the playoffs.

I am already talking like Ben is traded and just play out of post all the time. 

I am starting to wonder if we are the most complete team in the east, able to both score and play defense, while also having depth on the bench.

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Grant and Rose for Ben

Cj and Covington for Maxey and Ben

And not sure Ingram is untouchable, depending on Zion and how they work together. 

The issue is what ia Ben's value to other teams? Do we know what the exact package was for Harden? That would help gauge his value. 

So mainly your getting a wing, but still the shot creation ability is from the guard in your trade packages.

Reportedly, we offered Ben, Thybulle, 2 firsts, and a pick swap.

Houston wanted Maxey in the deal. 

CJ broke his foot so nix anything with the Blazers

Grant is an outstanding wing player this year. Rose is just guard depth. 

I want Covington more than want CJ to be honest. 

33 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

CJ broke his foot so nix anything with the Blazers

Grant is an outstanding wing player this year. Rose is just guard depth. 

I want Covington more than want CJ to be honest. 

me too. and id do a deal without Ben/CJ involved.

You would hope with one of the better weapons playing today vs the team they just team should be a win 

• Like 1

Should be. 

Kembas minute restriction is increased though.  Was 20 last time,  now up to 28 minutes.

some y'all want ben gone so bad, you're qanoning "DOC IS SHOOTING DOWN MOREY'S TRADES!", when all along it was morey himself:

but hey, if the man himself says it and says he wants to keep ben and joel...  it's better to trust beat writers with anonymous sources with trade scenarios they themselves probably made up to sound good.

i believe both morey and doc came here because of ben and joel.  doc wanted to coach them and morey wanted to build around them.  as morey put it too, sam (hinkie) worked so hard to get stars like ben and joel...  why would you just undo that?

also (me personally)...  the thought of ben simmons raising an nba championship in another jersey...  BEFORE we can raise it (cause that IS our luck)..  would piss me off like no other.  i'm tired of philly stars / greats raising championships somewhere else.  i think this started with me with reggie white...  seeing him raise the lombardi in a packers uniform...  just felt wrong.  it bothered me that iguodala raised a championship in golden state... not once, but 3 times.

but y'all wanna keep trading our stars away, always thinking the grass is greener on the other side.

and some y'all spouting joel has like 3 years left of "being healthy" before his body craps out.  and what if we trade simmons and joel is gone in 3 years?  we start the process all over again?  watch another franchise continue to build around ben?  while we're once again trapped in lottery hell?

or how about we keep ben and build around him in 3 years after joel's body breaks down?  finally get a "stretch" 5 that many say he needs?

and before any y'all say it..  could morey trade ben?  sure, but i don't think there's proper compensation on the table from any team right now...  any trade would probably be us taking a loss, which i do not think morey too keen on doing.

when i hear morey talking about ben and joel heing here a long time, i think he's talking about that scenario i listed where if joel's body breaks down..  he wants simmons here to continue to build around.  rather than starting from scratch and looking for another star in the lottery.

15 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

thought of ben simmons raising an nba championship in another jersey

If he does that, he will be the 4th best player on that team at best.

ben would be a really good all-around glue guy if he weren't being paid like a franchise player. 

• Like 4

i'd be inclined to believe people here's view on how "bad" of a player simmons is IF he wasn't always used so much in trade scenarios to bring up the trade value of a player.  houston wants to trade harden and it "leaks out" from some beat writer that we're offering simmons.  so now a team has to beat a potential trade that involves simmons.  and we saw what brooklyn had to offer to pull off that trade.  you're lying to yourself if you think houston didn't say "well, philly is offering this deal with simmons" to up brooklyn's offer.

again, people on these boards want to crap all over simmons and how "he's the 4th best player"...  but then want to make him the centerpiece of a "blockbuster" trade.

and then some :wacko: with hot takes want to fire doc cause he won't trade maxey or shake.  we're finally creating a roster with shooters around ben and joel with a solid bench..  and the :wacko: want to blow that up.

i bet they'd be the same :wacko: with shocked pikachu faces wondering why we got no bench depth, as soon as someone on the starting 5 has to sit, if our roster got blown up in a simmons trade.  and they'd see that you can't replace guys like a shake or a maxey, heck maybe even a thybulle with any old bum off the street.

41 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

i'd be inclined to believe people here's view on how "bad" of a player simmons is IF he wasn't always used so much in trade scenarios to bring up the trade value of a player.  houston wants to trade harden and it "leaks out" from some beat writer that we're offering simmons.  so now a team has to beat a potential trade that involves simmons.  and we saw what brooklyn had to offer to pull off that trade.  you're lying to yourself if you think houston didn't say "well, philly is offering this deal with simmons" to up brooklyn's offer.

again, people on these boards want to crap all over simmons and how "he's the 4th best player"...  but then want to make him the centerpiece of a "blockbuster" trade.

and then some :wacko: with hot takes want to fire doc cause he won't trade maxey or shake.  we're finally creating a roster with shooters around ben and joel with a solid bench..  and the :wacko: want to blow that up.

i bet they'd be the same :wacko: with shocked pikachu faces wondering why we got no bench depth, as soon as someone on the starting 5 has to sit, if our roster got blown up in a simmons trade.  and they'd see that you can't replace guys like a shake or a maxey, heck maybe even a thybulle with any old bum off the street.

Like I mentioned the last time you tried to make this point, it’s wrong. People thinking Simmons would be part of a trade for a star does not mean we think he’s a great player. It’s his CONTRACT that means he would have to be included. Salaries have to match in a trade, and if they are bringing in a super star, Ben’s overpaid contract needs to be part of the deal to match. 

6 minutes ago, nipples said:

Like I mentioned the last time you tried to make this point, it’s wrong. People wanting Simmons to be part of a trade for a star does not mean we think he’s a great player. It’s his CONTRACT that means he would have to be included. Salaries have to match in a trade, and if they are bringing in a super star, Ben’s overpaid contract needs to be part of the deal to match. 

here's the FLAW in your argument...

https://www.si.com/nba/76ers/news/sixers-rumors-rockets-ben-simmons-picks-james-harden

Sixers Rumors: Rockets Demand Ben Simmons, Several Picks for James Harden

DEC 14, 2020

that was back from december.  and even THEN it was reported that rockets wanted simmons as part of the trade.  it's not just salary matching, they were asking for a star.  it was what they would've preferred.  simmons is always being brought up as a centerpiece in "blockbuster" trades.  and not cause he'll match salary.  again, you're lying to yourself if you think simmons is "just a salary match" and "he's not that good".

NOTHING and I mean nothing on this stat sheet in this 4th year even whimpers Superstar. 

Everyone has been saying I am glad he is shooting better from FT. He ain't even doing that! He tricked ya. 

30 million and his game hasn't improved not one iota in YEAR FOUR. 

Screenshot_20210122-181652.png

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

ben would be a really good all-around glue guy if he weren't being paid like a franchise player. 

like a lesser version of iguodala. Because even Iguodala could score like 20ppg while he played his defese and filled the entire box score with assists, rebounds, and steals. 

2 hours ago, JayEcho said:

some y'all want ben gone so bad, you're qanoning "DOC IS SHOOTING DOWN MOREY'S TRADES!", when all along it was morey himself:

but hey, if the man himself says it and says he wants to keep ben and joel...  it's better to trust beat writers with anonymous sources with trade scenarios they themselves probably made up to sound good.

i believe both morey and doc came here because of ben and joel.  doc wanted to coach them and morey wanted to build around them.  as morey put it too, sam (hinkie) worked so hard to get stars like ben and joel...  why would you just undo that?

also (me personally)...  the thought of ben simmons raising an nba championship in another jersey...  BEFORE we can raise it (cause that IS our luck)..  would piss me off like no other.  i'm tired of philly stars / greats raising championships somewhere else.  i think this started with me with reggie white...  seeing him raise the lombardi in a packers uniform...  just felt wrong.  it bothered me that iguodala raised a championship in golden state... not once, but 3 times.

but y'all wanna keep trading our stars away, always thinking the grass is greener on the other side.

and some y'all spouting joel has like 3 years left of "being healthy" before his body craps out.  and what if we trade simmons and joel is gone in 3 years?  we start the process all over again?  watch another franchise continue to build around ben?  while we're once again trapped in lottery hell?

or how about we keep ben and build around him in 3 years after joel's body breaks down?  finally get a "stretch" 5 that many say he needs?

and before any y'all say it..  could morey trade ben?  sure, but i don't think there's proper compensation on the table from any team right now...  any trade would probably be us taking a loss, which i do not think morey too keen on doing.

when i hear morey talking about ben and joel heing here a long time, i think he's talking about that scenario i listed where if joel's body breaks down..  he wants simmons here to continue to build around.  rather than starting from scratch and looking for another star in the lottery.

I foolishly clicked the 2 vids where you are buying GM-speak for face value. I didnt bother reading the rest. 

I posted the excerpt of the articles that say Doc is declining trades that Morey brings him. 

Morey is working on trades and Doc is saying he doesnt want to do them. Of course Morey isnt going to say he is trying to trade anyone. Its baffling that you dont grasp the concept of coach speak, and what it would do to a team if the GM just let out news of every trade hes worked on behind the scenes. You are literally as ignorant as a flat earther. I  bet you are a flat earther.