**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Added this

Gordan is a FA the year after and not in love with him as a player to sign for longer deal. 

He doesn't even take the Magic to anything more than 8th seed

so you can look at it this way- title contention this year, and then massive cap relief over the next 2 seasons. At that point, Embiid has 1 season left.  At that time we can evaluate his health and decide if we are going to spend big to extend him, Shake, Maxey (if they are looking like a good core 3), or let the simmons trade, expiration of Gordon and Fournier contracts, and Embiid the year after just empty the books to re-start. 

Or, if it really works good, just keep Fournier and look to trade Gordon the following season and keep mainly everyone else intact. 

I mean.... theres options here. I think that team the trade created is really, really good. And deep. 

Evan is shooting 31% from 3 this year, 39% the year prior, and 34% two years ago. Not the shooter for me. Y

You know I have been anti LaVine for a while but you see his assists starting to shoot up. He is up to 5 assists per game for the first time in his career and saw he had 9 tonight. I think Zach is bad on defense, but if he be more of a playmaker I would be okay with it. Thybulle will probably have to play most minutes with him

At some point take green off brown and put Simmons on brown. Green is getting destroyed by brown. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Evan is shooting 31% from 3 this year, 39% the year prior, and 34% two years ago. Not the shooter for me. Y

ou know I have been anti LaVine for a while but you see his assists starting to shoot up. He is up to 5 assists per game for the first time in his career and saw he had 9 tonight. I think Zach is bad on defense, but if he be more of a playmaker I would be okay with it. Thybulle will probably have to play most minutes with him

Last year LaVine began playing a bunch of 1 man and really began to make plays for others. 

Id love a LaVine + deal. 

Porter, White, Satoransky, even Kornet would be nice. 

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Simmons missing layup.

...got a steal and a dunk on my screen.  yours?

Tobias Harris has had a bunch of GREAT defensive possessions in this game. And hes 10-11 shooting. 

To me Simmons is Top 10 player of all time potential and you get glimpses of it, but he never adds to it. Start with a floater or a consistent turn around or a jumper. Just Fing shoot Ben for the love of the city or for the love of your Lamborghini, just shoot Ben. 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

To me Simmons is Top 10 player of all time potential and you get glimpses of it, but he never adds to it. Start with a floater or a consistent turn around or a jumper. Just Fing shoot Ben for the love of the city or for the love of your Lamborghini, just shoot Ben. 

Honestly just being aggressive would go a long way. at his size and with his athleticism and speed he can get to the rim against most defenders. If he gets to the basket by being more aggressive he’ll get to the line more and get easier shots. It’s frustrating as hell cause if he’s just play aggressive it would help a lot

like this last 6 mins 

Point guards shoukd be some of the most fundamental and smart players on the court.  His totally awkward, wrong foot layup and dribbling into the corner just past half court into a trap shows exactly that he is nothing close to a point guard.  

• Like 1

Just now, ggs5008 said:

Point guards shoukd be some of the most fundamental and smart players on the court.  His totally awkward, wrong foot layup and dribbling into the corner just past half court into a trap shows exactly that he is nothing close to a point guard.  

😭

Damn embiid should’ve tried to score there and get another 40 and 10

Doris has been overly critical of him as well. We all know how talented he is but he can't show up once Jaylen Brown starts talking crap to you.