**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

46 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I know who they replaced him with.  My point is that the whole team got a spark when he left the court.   And he’s supposed to be an elite defensive player.  

And my point is they weren't going to lose much defensively when replacing him with another elite defender.

It may have also been the stretch when Kemba was off the court in the third so they only really had to guard Brown. 

6 minutes ago, Mat said:

And my point is they weren't going to lose much defensively when replacing him with another elite defender.

It may have also been the stretch when Kemba was off the court in the third so they only really had to guard Brown. 

Agree. I think Thybulle is the elite wing/guard defender and can start if have two wings that can score. 

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Agree. I think Thybulle is the elite wing/guard defender and can start if have two wings that can score. 

I don't know if he can start. I think a lot of people thought that last year and he really struggled to reproduce in a starter role compared to coming off the bench. I don't know if it's cardio or a concentration issue but he dips when playing more minutes.

I think he helps give the second unit a glue guy that can shut down their main scoring threat or pinch hit if a starter gets into foul trouble. Right now his ceiling is probably Tony Allen where he doesn't do much offensively but he has DPOY potential.

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ok. So who were those 2 game series against?

Miamis G league team, and Herro

Charlotte

And Boston without Tatum and kemba on a minutes restriction.

Any others?

you can only play the teams on the court.  thing is, we're winning our 2 game series..  and it's difficult to win any two games back to back, especially when you're playing the same team AND increasing the win margin.

only you can look at a positive stat and be salty.  we are supposed to win games against inferior teams or weakened teams.  we're doing that and we're winning by even more the second game.  you're salty why?  would you rather we lost those two games series?  just so you can gloat about how simmons is useless?

1 hour ago, bbabraham said:

And when Embiid can't play (which is quite often)? Basically a guaranteed L if Simmons has no offense.

he's been playing more often than not, by my eye.  in previous seasons he'd have had more load management where he took more games off.  this year, he's actually in better shape and playing more.

so far, he's played a total of 13/16 games...  so, 13/16 games is embiid not playing often?

Joel Embiid 2020-21 Game Log | Basketball-Reference.com (basketball-reference.com)

and come playoff time, unless embiid has a broken something or COVID...  that the league forces him to sit out, he's taking that court... don't kid yourself.

also, everyone here that wanted the harden trade...  the "big 3" just got smoked by the cavs...  TWICE.

and before anyone says "but kd didn't play the second game"..  they still have kyrie and harden.  if we traded for harden we'd only have embiid and harden.  so "big two" has to do.

i can imagine the meltdown here if we traded for harden in some wonky 3 team deal where we lost ben, maxey, thybulle, and 3 first rounders, plus who knows what else just to get harden..

..and we lost to the celtics TWICE...  back to back.

i know HE would be celebrating those two losses cause "we got rid of simmons guys..  we're better".

33 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

you can only play the teams on the court.  thing is, we're winning our 2 game series..  and it's difficult to win any two games back to back, especially when you're playing the same team AND increasing the win margin.

only you can look at a positive stat and be salty.  we are supposed to win games against inferior teams or weakened teams.  we're doing that and we're winning by even more the second game.  you're salty why?  would you rather we lost those two games series?  just so you can gloat about how simmons is useless?

I'm not salty about winning the serieses. I'm just being objective about what they've really accomplished,  not falling for fools gold. 

22 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

also, everyone here that wanted the harden trade...  the "big 3" just got smoked by the cavs...  TWICE.

and before anyone says "but kd didn't play the second game"..  they still have kyrie and harden.  if we traded for harden we'd only have embiid and harden.  so "big two" has to do.

i can imagine the meltdown here if we traded for harden in some wonky 3 team deal where we lost ben, maxey, thybulle, and 3 first rounders, plus who knows what else just to get harden..

..and we lost to the celtics TWICE...  back to back.

i know HE would be celebrating those two losses cause "we got rid of simmons guys..  we're better".

They didn't have all 3 last night. 

You really don't follow sports do you?

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I'm not salty about winning the serieses. I'm just being objective about what they've really accomplished,  not falling for fools gold. 

They didn't have all 3 last night. 

You really don't follow sports do you?

i noted that.  do you read anything?  they still had kyrie and harden.  a "big two".  which is what we'd potentially have if we traded for harden, a big two (eg: harden / embiid).  you gotta win with what you have.  they made the trade for harden...  and harden was on the court.  why did they not win?  they made that trade so that if kyrie and/or kd are NOT on the court, they still have harden and a chance to win.  spoiler, they did not win with harden and at least another of the "bigs" on the court with him.

look my man, just because i don't believe every beat writer with a hard-on to trade simmons like you do, does not mean i know less than you.

you need to come off your high horse calling people out about their knowledge.  it's a bad look, especially when you're the one proving you know jack ish with every post.  come down a few pegs, you ain't all that and a side of biscuits with your "knowledge". :lol:

• Like 1

And we are acting like Ben went off but he still only went 15 points, 3 rebounds, 11 assistant. He was that horrible until Brown blocked that fast break layup and started to talk crap. 

• Like 1

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

And we are acting like Ben went off but he still only went 15 points, 3 rebounds, 11 assistant. He was that horrible until Brown blocked that fast break layup and started to talk crap. 

😭

1 minute ago, JayEcho said:

i noted that.  do you read anything?  they still had kyrie and harden.  a "big two".  which is what we'd potentially have if we traded for harden, a big two (eg: harden / embiid).  you gotta win with what you have.  they made the trade for harden...  and harden was on the court.  why did they not win?  they made that trade so that if kyrie and/or kd are NOT on the court, they still have harden and a chance to win.  spoiler, they did not win with harden and at least another of the "bigs" on the court with him.

look my man, just because i don't believe every beat writer with a hard-on to trade simmons like you do, does not mean i know less than you.

you need to come off your high horse calling people out about their knowledge.  it's a bad look, especially when you're the one proving you know jack ish with every post.  come down a few pegs, you ain't all that and a side of biscuits with your "knowledge". :lol:

He was talking about Tatum. Who was also putting up superstar lvl numbers 27 ppg, 7 rebounds, 4 assists and shooting 43% from 3 on 8 attempts. 

I am pretty sure they don't get past the Celtics with Ben averaging 12ppg.

2 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

😭

Truth hurts and everyone sees it but you. 

5 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

You said the big 3 lost. That's wrong.

And no I don't read much of your posts. 

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

You said the big 3 lost. That's wrong.

And no I don't read much of your posts. 

because i don't subscribe and agree with your "knowledge", i know you like to ignore them.  you want an echo chamber where you read only posts that agree with you and your hate/dislike for simmons, i get it.  i guess that's what snowflakes like though.  for better or for worse, i have unfortunately been reading your drivel.

and again, nets traded for harden.  harden was on the court.  they lost with harden on the court and at least another of their bigs.  you want to make an excuses for them losing which is :wacko:.

17 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Truth hurts and everyone sees it but you. 

we win you 😭, we lose you 😭.

i'm making a list of every crybaby bih in this thread and you and HE are tops so far.

Week old article but you seem to skip over points that don't fit your narrative. 

The Sixers Added Shooters, but There’s Still No Room for Ben Simmons

Philadelphia has addressed its spacing issues, but there’s no tweak that will make Simmons fit next to Joel Embiid. James Harden is off the table, but another trade shouldn’t be.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/1/15/22232686/sixers-shooters-ben-simmons-joel-embiid

1 hour ago, JayEcho said:

because i don't subscribe and agree with your "knowledge", i know you like to ignore them.  you want an echo chamber where you read only posts that agree with you and your hate/dislike for simmons, i get it.  i guess that's what snowflakes like though.  for better or for worse, i have unfortunately been reading your drivel.

and again, nets traded for harden.  harden was on the court.  they lost with harden on the court and at least another of their bigs.  you want to make an excuses for them losing which is :wacko:.

Wrong, and wrong.

41 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Week old article but you seem to skip over points that don't fit your narrative. 

The Sixers Added Shooters, but There’s Still No Room for Ben Simmons

Philadelphia has addressed its spacing issues, but there’s no tweak that will make Simmons fit next to Joel Embiid. James Harden is off the table, but another trade shouldn’t be.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/1/15/22232686/sixers-shooters-ben-simmons-joel-embiid

couple days old, but you seem to like to ignore it, since it does not fit your narrative of trading ben simmons:

How the 76ers Currently Lead the NBA Eastern Conference – The Patriot (wthspatriot.com)

How the 76ers Currently Lead the NBA Eastern Conference

Ben Simmons has had a bit of a down year but has still emerged as one of the leading candidates for the Defensive Player of the Year Award. He has averaged 12.2 PPG, along with 9.2 RPG, 8.0 APG, 1.5 SPG, 0.9 BPG, and great defensive rating of 103.

we're winning and you're 😭

quit being a crybaby bih.

edit:

you talk about simmons and embiid not fitting..  but let's hear what embiid says about playing with simmons:

Embiid Talks About How Much Fun He's Been Having With Ben Simmons (facebook.com)
https://www.facebook.com/theScore/videos/424499062325644/

but yeah, that's "player's speak"..  embiid HATES simmons and can't play with him.  :wacko:

edit 2:

20 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Wrong, and wrong.

😭

we'd probably have more wins and better margins if covid and silver didn't eff us early, but crybaby bihs in this thread gonna crybaby...  cause we haven't blown up the team to trade simmons.

20 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

we'd probably have more wins and better margins if covid and silver didn't eff us early, but crybaby bihs in this thread gonna crybaby...  cause we haven't blown up the team to trade simmons.

They tried to do it once and Ben had his bags packed.

Who was that article by, you? Never heard of the page nor the site and said a lot of nothing. 

BUT Fivethirtyeight a highly respected analytic site uses:

RAPTOR, of course, is the Robust Algorithm (using) Player Tracking (and) On/Off Ratings — FiveThirtyEight’s way of measuring each NBA player’s contribution to his team’s offensive and defensive efficiency while on the court. RAPTOR is derived by blending two components: one based on individual box score and player-tracking data, and another based on how the player’s team does with the player on the court (versus without) after adjusting for the quality of his teammates and opposing lineups. Just like last season, you can find both of these components in our dashboard, allowing you to judge where a player’s value is coming from. 

And guess where Ben is on defense. Nope not Top 25, nope not Top 50, and sorry not Top 75. Ben charts out at 92nd in the league in defense according to them.

Offensively he is ranked an atrocious 183rd IN THE LEAGUE. For a total win share of .5 games this year. Not even a full game. 

Joel is at 2.6 win share,  and 21st in offensive RAPTOR, and 9th in defensive. 

This team will go as far as Embiid takes them and so you must surround Embiid with players that he can complement him and he can elevate with his out of the post passing. Ben is standing in the way of the ultimate goal of a championship as long as Joel is the superstar. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nba-player-ratings/

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They tried to do it once and Ben had his bags packed.

Who was that article by, you? Never heard of the page nor the site and said a lot of nothing. 

BUT Fivethirtyeight a highly respected analytic site uses:

RAPTOR, of course, is the Robust Algorithm (using) Player Tracking (and) On/Off Ratings — FiveThirtyEight’s way of measuring each NBA player’s contribution to his team’s offensive and defensive efficiency while on the court. RAPTOR is derived by blending two components: one based on individual box score and player-tracking data, and another based on how the player’s team does with the player on the court (versus without) after adjusting for the quality of his teammates and opposing lineups. Just like last season, you can find both of these components in our dashboard, allowing you to judge where a player’s value is coming from. 

And guess where Ben is on defense. Nope not Top 25, nope not Top 50, and sorry not Top 75. Ben charts out at 92nd in the league in defense according to them.

Offensively he is ranked an atrocious 183rd IN THE LEAGUE. For a total win share of .5 games this year. Not even a full game. 

Joel is at 2.6 win share,  and 21st in offensive RAPTOR, and 9th in defensive. 

This team will go as far as Embiid takes them and so you must surround Embiid with players that he can complement him and he can elevate with his out of the post passing. Ben is standing in the way of the ultimate goal of a championship as long as Joel is the superstar. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nba-player-ratings/?player=Bradley Beal&season=2021

😭

that site i posted "said a lot of nothing" to you because it contradicts your effort in wanting to prove we need to move simmons.

you know what i subscribe to?

1.  the sixers are winning.

2.  joel is having fun playing with simmons.

3.  sixers are playing some very good ball at full strength.

4.  sixers are having their best offensive rating with ben and joel:

spacer.png

i know, you HATE the fact they are doing this with simmons.  it gets under your skin.

i don't want to move simmons, potentially blow up the team in the process, and mess that sh!t up.

we see in the nets that getting "another superstar" may not always help you win.  harden was on the court on BOTH losses and had at least another "superstar" beside him on one loss.

The winning now will convince Morey and Doc that Ben and Embiid can win in the playoffs together too, meaning no trade. Then we’ll get to the playoffs, and the same weaknesses will be exposed. Again.  Leading to the same result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1