**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

so glenn robinson who couldn't make the playoff rotation last season is suddenly going to help? 

-Burks couldn't get minutes either.  Then,  he was great with his next team. 

-Robinson was a solid player for Golden State before coming here. 

-And Robinson is better than Scott.

So yes its very conceivable that Robinson can improve this team. 

Warriors were garbage last year with Steph playing 5 games and Draymond 43.

Someone has to score so I don't put much stock in his numbers last year 

Screenshot_20210226-164237.png

23 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He is just a 10th man on a roster, nothing more.

Screenshot_20210226-164442.png

It would matter when you're looking for a backup 4 to play and we don't have one,  which is the issue Doc has dealt with most of this year. 

Now that Scott is back,  it would help if we were looking for a backup stretch 4 to play,  and had someone better than Mike Scott. 

17 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It would matter when you're looking for a backup 4 to play and we don't have one,  which is the issue Doc has dealt with most of this year. 

Now that Scott is back,  it would help if we were looking for a backup stretch 4 to play,  and had someone better than Mike Scott. 

You movie Thybulle to the "4" when need to rotate minutes. 

Embiid, Thybulle, Green, Curry, Shake

Simmons, Tobias, Kork, Joe, Maxey 

4 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

lowry makes $30 mill so idk how they match salaries for him.

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

We have to send about 24. It's pretty easy when Green and Scott account for 20

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

So Thybulle starts? 

And Curry is first guy off the bench? And pretty much only guy you can trust. 

Morey can really only do so much with this roster and trading away Bridges for a pencil absolutely killed them. But they have Fed up trades over the last few years and only ended up with Tobias Harris. 

12 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You movie Thybulle to the "4" when need to rotate minutes. 

Embiid, Thybulle, Green, Curry, Shake

Simmons, Tobias, Kork, Joe, Maxey 

So thats your solution. However, Doc struggled with that issue (no backup 4) all season long. I cant specifically recall if Thybulle has played any minutes at the 4. 2 possibilities are Doc either doesnt think thats feasible, or he tried it and it hasnt worked. 

Do you think that is better than any other presented option between free agents, trades, and buyouts?

Kyle Lowry's agent Mark Bartelstein denied reports that his client was looking for a trade to the Philadelphia 76ers.

"That’s just not true…I got on the phone with Masai (Ujiri, Raptors president) and Bobby (Webster, Raptors GM) and let them know that [report] certainly wasn’t coming from us," said Bartelstein on Sirius XM NBA Radio (h/t Pro Basketball Talk). 

There were reports from earlier in the day linking Lowry to the Sixers, Heat, and Clippers.

Lowry is also reportedly looking for a two-year deal worth $60 million in free agency. 

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

So thats your solution. However, Doc struggled with that issue (no backup 4) all season long. I cant specifically recall if Thybulle has played any minutes at the 4. 2 possibilities are Doc either doesnt think thats feasible, or he tried it and it hasnt worked. 

Do you think that is better than any other presented option between free agents, trades, and buyouts?

Jeff Green plays the 5 for the Nets as does Bruce Brown. This idea that a certain guy has to slotted into a certain spot is old school basketball. Both lineups have a mixture of defense, shooting and star power. 

If Thybulle is continue to be absolutely crap at shooting I might even consider moving him to 5 spot, dunkers spot, with Simmons running the offense. 

So could also run this 

Embiid, Tobias, Green, Kork, Shake

Thybulle, Simmons, Joe, Curry, Maxey (Make Simmons Draymond on steroids, run run run) 

I think people need to be okay with losing every single first, Maxey, Shake, and/or Kork to upgrade this team. I do whatever I can to see if Beal or LaVine is available. 

If not you pivot to guys like George Hill, Thad Young, PJ Tucker, Terrance Ross, Evan Fournier, Patty Mills, Rudy Gay

Or you go for guys like Bogdan Bogdanovic, DeRozen(Expiring), Ball (Expiring) 

Why Morey makes 10 million a year to figure this crap out. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Jeff Green plays the 5 for the Nets as does Bruce Brown. This idea that a certain guy has to slotted into a certain spot is old school basketball. Both lineups have a mixture of defense, shooting and star power. 

If Thybulle is continue to be absolutely crap at shooting I might even consider moving him to 5 spot, dunkers spot, with Simmons running the offense. 

So could also run this 

Embiid, Tobias, Green, Kork, Shake

Thybulle, Simmons, Joe, Curry, Maxey (Make Simmons Draymond on steroids, run run run) 

I think people need to be okay with losing every single first, Maxey, Shake, and/or Kork to upgrade this team. I do whatever I can to see if Beal or LaVine is available. 

If not you pivot to guys like George Hill, Thad Young, PJ Tucker, Terrance Ross, Evan Fournier, Patty Mills, Rudy Gay

Or you go for guys like Bogdan Bogdanovic, DeRozen(Expiring), Ball (Expiring) 

Why Morey makes 10 million a year to figure this crap out. 

If Beal becomes available, what could we offer that would beat all the other teams offer?  They don't want Harris and I guess we need to keep Ben at this point.  It would be a lot of picks and most of our young players I would imagine.

22 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

If Beal becomes available, what could we offer that would beat all the other teams offer?  They don't want Harris and I guess we need to keep Ben at this point.  It would be a lot of picks and most of our young players I would imagine.

At this point I dont think we are going to go for Beal. You wont get him without giving up Ben, and I dont think the team is about to do that this year.

LaVine, McCollum if he is made available... may be about the highest tier of player you might get without giving up Ben. And for those guys youd have to give everything  up. 

Lowry, because of his age and contract situation should cost something less than everything we have. It might be best to go for Lowry, + someone else cheap. Seems the most bang for the buck. 

• Like 1

LaVine is under contract next year for 19.5 so not a bad deal. I think you give up everything for him without Ben of course. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

LaVine is under contract next year for 19.5 so not a bad deal. I think you give up everything for him without Ben of course. 

yep

• Like 1

Devonte' Graham, Hornets, is also on an expiring and looking like the odd man out with Ball, Rozier, and Monk. He could be a weird option that happens and say ohh why didn't we think of that 

He is close to returning from a knee injury as well. Would fit a pass first pg that can score even if he is an inefficient scorer 

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Dinwiddie is available but still trying to rehab his knee.

He partially torn his ACL this year and has a player option for next year which I doubt he picks up. He could be a long term investment but Sixers need help this year and I wouldn't rush him back even if he said he was good to go by April. 

26 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He partially torn his ACL this year and has a player option for next year which I doubt he picks up. He could be a long term investment but Sixers need help this year and I wouldn't rush him back even if he said he was good to go by April. 

I know.  I'd really love to go for him but that kind of writes of this season cause you won't really get much from him. And you'll deplete assets on that move. 

He's trying to be back for playoffs.  But how good will he really be by then? 

22 hours ago, rambo said:

Yes and no.  The rotation will shrink to 8 or maybe 9 players in the playoffs.

yep, depth wins you games in the regular season. Top heavy teams make more noise in the playoffs. Still need those 3 really good guys off the bench to be a contender.

23 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Kyle Lowry's agent Mark Bartelstein denied reports that his client was looking for a trade to the Philadelphia 76ers.

"That’s just not true…I got on the phone with Masai (Ujiri, Raptors president) and Bobby (Webster, Raptors GM) and let them know that [report] certainly wasn’t coming from us," said Bartelstein on Sirius XM NBA Radio (h/t Pro Basketball Talk). 

There were reports from earlier in the day linking Lowry to the Sixers, Heat, and Clippers.

Lowry is also reportedly looking for a two-year deal worth $60 million in free agency. 

I am curious who will give him that type of money. 

A team like Orlando probably. 

Theyre going to get crushed. Cant handle Cleveland with their 2 guards to begin with. Now we are missing a starter, which we can never seem to overcome. Team needs help. 

28 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Theyre going to get crushed. Cant handle Cleveland with their 2 guards to begin with. Now we are missing a starter, which we can never seem to overcome. Team needs help. 

It’s going to be a long night when embiid and Simmons shows up for 33 points and the other 7 players who played have 14 total 

9 minutes ago, nipples said:

Korkmaz is terrible. 

Seth curry has been awful tonight as well. 1-9 and he can’t box anyone out. 

In fact their other 3 starters of kork, green and curry are a combined 4-20 for 12 points