**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

4 more wins and we clinch our first division title in 20 years 

• Like 2

The second unit did their job tonight.  Held the lead and kept the starters minutes in the mid 20s.  And we're doing all of this without Kork!

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2021 at 4:47 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Thybulle and Embiid are Top 10 defenders in the league and Harris is average. This team can give up defense for offense. 

It would be more about finding an off ball guard that can play beside Lillard. Can Maxey or Shake be that guy? If Maxey can shoot a decent clip from 3 he can be that other guard. 

I think Maxey can play off ball Lillard. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I think Maxey can play off ball Lillard. 

I would be surprised if the blazers didn’t ask for him as part of the trade tbh. 

Nets lose another to the Mavs. Number 1 seed looking pretty likely now. Magic number is 3.

21 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Nets lose another to the Mavs. Number 1 seed looking pretty likely now. Magic number is 3.

I think no. 1 seed is still 4 as the bucks and Nets have the same amount of losses and the bucks own the tiebreaker between us and the nets. Meaning you can’t tie the bucks and get the 1 seed. So need to win four of 6 to eliminate them from homecourt unless the bucks lose some game then drops  but that magic number is 4. Magic number for the division is 3

for reference the bucks are 42-24 and Sixers 45-21. If the Sixers go 3-3 finishing 48-24 and the bucks somehow managed to go 6-0 they’d be 48-24. They’d win the tie breaker. So 4 wins they can’t catch us regardless. 

• Like 2

The Nets are gonna mess around and end up the 3 seed. Once again KD and Kyrie combine for over 60 (65 tonight) but they can't stop anyone from scoring when it counts.  It will be hilarious if they get the Cs in the 1st round.  The Cs aren't all that but they have enough scoring to to beat that BKN defense a couple times and push that series to 6. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

The Nets are gonna mess around and end up the 3 seed. Once again KD and Kyrie combine for over 60 (65 tonight) but they can't stop anyone from scoring when it counts.  It will be hilarious if they get the Cs in the 1st round.  The Cs aren't all that but they have enough scoring to to beat that BKN defense a couple times and push that series to 6. 

Can’t imagine the bucks being thrilled to play Miami in round one as the 7 seed. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Can’t imagine the bucks being thrilled to play Miami in round one as the 7 seed. 

Don’t look now but the Wizards are also streaking. They won’t be an easy first round out if they match up with the 76ers.

2 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Don’t look now but the Wizards are also streaking. They won’t be an easy first round out if they match up with the 76ers.

Yeah I’d like to avoid the wizards. They won’t win that series but they are capable of making it a 6 game series with how they are playing. Looking at the standings probably can’t catch Charlotte. So likely facing Indy in the 9 vs. 10 seed then the loser of the Charlotte/Miami game. Kind of hope Charlotte loses then Indiana somehow beats the wiz and Charlotte 

15 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah I’d like to avoid the wizards. They won’t win that series but they are capable of making it a 6 game series with how they are playing. Looking at the standings probably can’t catch Charlotte. So likely facing Indy in the 9 vs. 10 seed then the loser of the Charlotte/Miami game. Kind of hope Charlotte loses then Indiana somehow beats the wiz and Charlotte 

Perfect opportunity for Ben on defense against Russ or is he overrated on D as well 

48 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Perfect opportunity for Ben on defense against Russ or is he overrated on D as well 

might put Simmons on beal. I think Westbrook’s lack of consistent shooting I’d allow him to try to win that series. I don’t think he can do it even if he has a triple double average especially if you slow down beal. 

No Zion tonight for the pelicans

Vintage Brett Brown era effort tonight. This is ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Kind of been this way lately. 3 of the last 4 games they’ve done this. Be up a a ton and then allow their opponent to get back into it in the 3rd and 4th quarter

15 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Simmons has 8 points what are you complaining about ;) He is pathetic. 

5 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Simmons has 8 points what are you complaining about ;) He is pathetic. 

Honestly this isn’t all on Simmons. Their bench was god Fing awful tonight. Here’s the plus/minus for the bench tonight 

-11, -15, -12, -10, -11

starters

+14, +12, +12, +18 and +13

also doesnt help Danny green is 2-8 from three and 3-10 from the field and keeps jacking up threes. 

• Like 1

How the F do you get an 8 second backcourt violation? It’s like they want to lose on purpose. Thankfully Harris got the steal 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

barely escaped with that one. 

They better absolutely obliterate the pistons tomorrow after that disgrace of a performance in the second half. They scored a whole 39 points in the second half. Doc needs to realize when his bench is playing like crap not to just let them keep going. This is the 3rd time in 4 games where the bench blows the big lead and the starters have to come in and finish off a game that shouldn’t be that close 

From what I've gathered so far this season is that Doc is probably not the coach to get us over the top.  Seems his loyalty to the vets and his lack of making decisions to go with the 'hot hand' is more harmful than helpful at this point.  We got smoked in the 3rd QTR after being in the lead then the 1st team players had to help us salvage this one.  And Ben with only 8pts on 8 attempts and no FTs?  WTF?  But hey, he's close to the infamous triple double with 8pts, 9 rebounds and 10 assists so it's fine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

From what I've gathered so far this season is that Doc is probably not the coach to get us over the top. 

Clown post

• Thanks 2

Monday was the first day that the Phillies, Sixers and Flyers all won on the same day since April 11, 2012 and within a week they do it again!

15 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Clown post

It's not. Doc has to prove he can adapt in a playoff series. He absolutely lost the Clippers series last year. 

• Like 1