**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

17 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Clown post

He's only the only coach ever to give up 3 3-1 leads in postseason history. Seems to me Doc is the clown. 

• Like 2

Too bad you can't start Maxey or takes the ball out of Simmons hands and then he becomes totally worthless on offense. 

• Thanks 1

Maxey is back to looking super-legit. Now starting to hit 3s more consistently. Bigly.

• Like 1

For the division (unless the nets lose tonight then we win the division)

spacer.png

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Maxey is back to looking super-legit. Now starting to hit 3s more consistently. Bigly.

Yep. Need to see more of course, but if he actually keeps getting opportunities and looking good, would be nice if he could slide into that starting PG role after Ben is traded...

Embiid wants Maxey to play

Maxey has been on the Sixers’ rotation bubble throughout the year. Just how much will he play in the postseason? 

Head coach Doc Rivers said Saturday the Sixers would "not blink at playing 11 guys if we need to.” 

Joel Embiid has an opinion on the subject. 

"I loved it,” Embiid said. "He’s been on and off the whole season. I feel like he should be playing. The last couple games that he’s played, he’s been amazing to watch, and he’s been doing a great job. That’s someone that when he got here, I felt like he had a lot of potential and I felt like I needed to help him. And he’s a hard worker, and he’s showing up. You see what he did tonight. 

"He has that potential but sometimes you’ve just got to wait for your chance, for your turn, and that’s what he’s been doing. He’s been patient and whenever his name is called, he shows up and he does a great job.”

Hill, Howard, and Tolliver have good things to say about him too. https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/sixers/tyrese-maxey-sixers-dwight-howard-george-hill-anthony-tolliver-nba?fbclid=IwAR3P7QVNdCT2l4khfkjFOK2-7DepBacSWoinLvsOOluCe7mRi3QAQi_e1zw

• Like 1

I had to watch the Pistons feed and their guys both loved Thybulle and Maxey. Went on about them multiple times. They mentioned how Philly has these really good big name players but really quality role players too.

Great podcast listen is the Sixers beat from Saturday with Hoffman, bodner and Fischer. Talks about he early stages of the process and how embiid fell to the Sixers and cavs believed he broke his foot during their workout and how Hinkie drafted elfrid Payton and held the magic hostage to get the pick back. Also good story about they got a workout for Dante exum where he went up against a 2nd/undrafted kid in Frazier. Who apparently worked exum and made him basically undraftable for them. Also a good story about Spencer hawes going out and getting wasted instead of i believe being in practice. And how porzingis faked an illness to avoid meeting hinkie for a lunch to get to know him 

also a huge nugget that coach K might have been very involved in getting Adam silver too look into the 76ers tanking and do something about it. 

• Like 2

Ok...NEED TO BEAT the Pacers and Heat and lock up the #1 seed along with trying to keep the Heat in the #6 seed!  They are #6 now but....are tied with Atlanta.  I'd love for Milwaukee to have to play the Heat, probably Brooklyn and then us if chalk holds (which of course we all do).  That's a brutal road for them to try and get through the East.  They honestly might not get through Miami.  Of course, that's assuming that Milwaukee doesn't leap over Brooklyn for the #2 seed which their definitely is a strong shot of happening.

On 5/9/2021 at 8:18 AM, DaEagles4Life said:

He's got more balls then Ben Simmons to even take the shot.

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

He's got more balls then Ben Simmons to even take the shot.

They were up by 16.  Relax....

Maxey credits Thybulle for maxey's defensive progression. 

That's nice. 

But I can't help thinking it would be better to hear of Ben, #1 overall pick,  and DPOY candidate,  being a leader for the young guys and being the one responsible for taking them under his wing and teaching defense. 

Of course we know he barely has time to work on his own game let alone help young guys with theirs. 

Whats he gonna do when Maxey is a 2 way player scoring 20ppg and playing + perimeter D? Ben will officially be playing 3rd fiddle on this team.  Probably requests a trade then. 

1 hour ago, barho said:

They were up by 16.  Relax....

Well if it’s no big deal because of a big lead, why does Ben never do it on those situations? 

5 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Maxey credits Thybulle for maxey's defensive progression. 

That's nice. 

But I can't help thinking it would be better to hear of Ben, #1 overall pick,  and DPOY candidate,  being a leader for the young guys and being the one responsible for taking them under his wing and teaching defense. 

Of course we know he barely has time to work on his own game let alone help young guys with theirs. 

Whats he gonna do when Maxey is a 2 way player scoring 20ppg and playing + perimeter D? Ben will officially be playing 3rd fiddle on this team.  Probably requests a trade then. 

If Thybulle played 30 minutes a game he would be behind Gobert to win the DPOY, not Ben. Kid is that damn good on D and still might make 2nd team All Defense 

Korkmaz and thybulle out 

22 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Also 

Nets just got an extra week of rest 

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Yeah. Potentially an easier matchup for the nets with Charlotte then if the Sixers got the wiz. Possible the Celtics completely fall out of the playoffs entirely. I could see Charlotte beating them in the 7/8 game. Then the wizards beating them. Would love to see the wiz get into the 7/8 game beat Boston. Then Boston lose to Charlotte or Indy in the second game. 

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

That was my thought when I heard about this.  I was thinking that a Cs/BKN 1st round match-up would go at least 6, possibly 7 if Brown and Tatum caught fire. 

Celtics could very well not even make the playoffs. The Brown injury is a big one.

Bucks down 23 with six minutes left in the fourth to the Spurs. so magic number is 1 for both the division and no. 1 seed. 

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Celtics could very well not even make the playoffs. The Brown injury is a big one.

I could totally see the hornets beating them in the 7 vs. 8 game then the wizards ending their misery in the 8 seed game 

6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

TIFWIW 

F that.  Time to go to 100%.