**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Can't wait for Ben to be gone this off-season after he sucks in the playoffs yet again. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly it is what worries me if we run into Miami in the second round. Imo Sprolestra is a better coach than doc and generally gets the most out of his players (they were awful early in the season and have ramped it up over the last month). That’s a series where Miami has talent to make it a a competitive series and the coaching to make up for lack of talent compared to the Sixers. 

Butler is averaging 22 ppg, 7 assists, 7 rebounds, 2 steals. Probably the best year of his career and could definitely see him calling Ben what he called KAT the other day 

• Like 1

And that’ll do it for oladipo making big money this offseason 

3 hours ago, ggs5008 said:

Can't wait for Ben to be gone this off-season after he sucks in the playoffs yet again. 

I’m still of the opinion that as long as Embiid stays healthy throughout the playoffs, they have as good a chance as anyone of winning the whole thing. They could legitimately win it despite Ben. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I remember listening to the Fanatic shows pre-trade deadline and some callers were suggesting all kinds of trade packages for Oladipo including Maxey, picks, you name it. 

14 minutes ago, therealdawk20 said:

I remember listening to the Fanatic shows pre-trade deadline and some callers were suggesting all kinds of trade packages for Oladipo including Maxey, picks, you name it. 

Oladipo is a solid player but he’s not a great player. Now he can’t stay healthy. With impending free agency unless they got him for peanuts it made no sense. Furthermore he’s not what they need. They need a shooter who’s also a scorer. Not an inefficient scorer. Plus he’s no where close to being what he was prior to that injury. 

i still think markkanen would’ve been a nice pickup for the sixers especially when embiid is out he can give you some better scoring then having to play Mike scott 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i still think markkanen would’ve been a nice pickup for the sixers especially when embiid is out he can give you some better scoring then having to play Mike scott 

That’s not saying much 😆 

1 minute ago, nipples said:

That’s not saying much 😆 

Lol true however i think markkanen shooting 39% from three would be a nice addition. He’s a stretch 4 whos still really young. I know he’s super unhappy with the bulls.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lol true however i think markkanen shooting 39% from three would be a nice addition. He’s a stretch 4 whos still really young. I know he’s super unhappy with the bulls.

Oh it would be, but just about ANYBODY would have been a better option than Scott. Dude is such a waste of a roster spot. But yeah, Markkanen would have been especially nice. 

• Like 1

Just now, nipples said:

Oh it would be, but just about ANYBODY would have been a better option than Scott. Dude is such a waste of a roster spot. 

I’d almost bet with the limited cap space they have and him being already on the roster they’ll re-sign him and then use that salary to match contracts in a trade. 

18 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He was always an overrated player. He can't shoot and now that he is losing his explosiveness, dude is a 6th man at best. 

Harden played last night and in 26 minutes he scored 18, 11 assists, 7 rebounds. 

Looks like he will be healthy enough for the playoffs 

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Harden played last night and in 26 minutes he scored 18, 11 assists, 7 rebounds. 

Looks like he will be healthy enough for the playoffs 

I tend to believe the nets basically just stretched out how long he’d be out cause to them it doesn’t matter what seed they are. I’m sure they prefer the one seed but believe they can beat anyone with the trio they have in place. If the playoffs started a week or two ago I’m guessing he would’ve returned sooner. Since the nba playoffs started later by nearly a month this year they were fine just completely shutting him down and resting him for the extra 3 weeks to make sure he was close as he could he to 100%. 

All the top 6 teams also get a week off after Saturday so that should help certain teams as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I tend to believe the nets basically just stretched out how long he’d be out cause to them it doesn’t matter what seed they are. I’m sure they prefer the one seed but believe they can beat anyone with the trio they have in place. If the playoffs started a week or two ago I’m guessing he would’ve returned sooner. Since the nba playoffs started later by nearly a month this year they were fine just completely shutting him down and resting him for the extra 3 weeks to make sure he was close as he could he to 100%. 

That arrogance could bite them though. The Sixers are a completely different team at home than on the road, especially now that the crowd will be back in force for the playoffs. 

46 minutes ago, nipples said:

That arrogance could bite them though. The Sixers are a completely different team at home than on the road, especially now that the crowd will be back in force for the playoffs. 

Oh i agree it could. However i think they viewed it as they rather be fully healthy and ready to go then going after homecourt. I probably would’ve slowly brought back Hardin a couple weeks ago by building up his minutes and so they get some more chemistry. It’s definitely a risk

Butler is absolutely destroying the sixers. Butler on pace for 64 tonight on perfect FG percentage 

Not a good look going into the playoffs. Sixers losing this game all but guarantees a matchup with the Heat if the heat win their 1st round matchup.

3 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Not a good look going into the playoffs. Sixers losing this game all but guarantees a matchup with the Heat if the heat win their 1st round matchup.

Why i wanted to see how the sixers at full strength besides thybulle would handle a full strength heat team. I don’t remember the last time the sixers had their starting 5 played a good team that was fully healthy. Feels like that utah game before the all star break. Really bad sign for the sixers to get destroyed by a Miami team clicking at the right time 

Reggie is right they are absolutely trying to out tough them right now. Let's see how they respond especially Ben