**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

God.  This is ugly basketball.   

I’m done.  Schi tts Creek time.  

getting absolutely punked...not a good sign right before the playoffs. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Out hustling them and want it more. However i still think Miami is a difficult matchup and matches up well with the Sixers. Bam is a good center. He can make embiid work for it. They are one of the few teams in the league who have a center that legitimate can make embiid work hard for everything. Got Jimmy Butler who you know is going to take it to the sixers and is their all star. Nunn, robinson and herro can all shoot. Nunn is shooting 38% from three on the year. Then you got good veteran role players in ariza, iggy, dedmon and dragic. They have length and size. And they are playing with energy and clicking right now. Add on sprolestra is a very very good coach. It’s really a team that matches up well with the sixers 

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

This is the first time I’ve been worried all season. This is disgusting. 

12 minutes ago, Gannan said:

This is the first time I’ve been worried all season. This is disgusting. 

Idk I’ve been concerned about how they continuously would get up big and then by mid fourth it’s a dog fight lately. That has been the issue of late. they really haven’t played a good team that was fully healthy while also fully healthy in what feels like ages. 

A couple days ago Embiid admitted to going through the motions after his knee injury. Now, hes still had some big games since his return. But, those were his words. He flat out admitted it.

This week, he reportedly did not travel with the team to Miami, and then was questionable. Obviously, he made it to Miami and played. But (im not watching) last I checked his stat line was far sub-par. 

Ben has also been bad lately (I know he had a big stats game the other night but he did absolutely nothing almost the entire second half in that loss). 

It just feels like the team saw the magic number was 1 and decided they could take a few nights off.

Im actually not concerned at all. I suspect they will get that 1 needed win at some point. And they will turn it on for playoffs.

Go back and watch the start of the game right before tip-off when Jimmy came over to greet Joel.  Joel was bent over tugging at his shorts as if he was already in a second overtime...but the game hadn't even started yet.  It was obvious that this was gonna be a long night if you saw that body language. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

76ers outsiders said fans are soft and get over 1 loss in the regular season. 

Team almost deserves to lose the 1 seed and have the Bucks bounce them in round two. Maybe then they will finally get Ben out of town. Nothing is going to happen until that anchor is gone. 

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It’d be easier to get over it but i went and checked: last time the sixers were 100% healthy and played a top 5 seeded team in the postseason (East or west) that was completely healthy was the utah jazz. That was back on March 3. 

8 hours ago, therealdawk20 said:

Go back and watch the start of the game right before tip-off when Jimmy came over to greet Joel.  Joel was bent over tugging at his shorts as if he was already in a second overtime...but the game hadn't even started yet.  It was obvious that this was gonna be a long night if you saw that body language. 

yep...we got boo-boo face embiid before the game even started.  he barely went through the motions.

Any teams that play us in the playoffs will mimic that zone defense Miami played last night that we could not solve.  Doc better be practicing against that for the next week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Any teams that play us in the playoffs will mimic that zone defense Miami played last night that we could not solve.  Doc better be practicing against that for the next week.

That’s the only thing they should be practicing between now and the first round. It clearly frustrates the offense. 

The good thing is they have plenty of time to prepare. No excuses. They know that matchup defense is coming. Harris, Curry, Green and Korkmaz must be ready and Embiid can’t spaz out and turn the ball over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

Move Ben to the free throw line so he can turn face the basket, break down the defense for a drive or find a shooter. Then Joel can go to the dunkers spot and spacing should work. 

For some reason they continued to put Joel on the low block and the Heat made his passing angles hard to pass out of. He isn't a great passer to begin with. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nipples said:

I’m not concerned. 

I'm not either because I've seen this movie before and they lose.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not nearly as soft as Ben Simmons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Howard suspended a game.  Ridiculous.  

51 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Howard suspended a game.  Ridiculous.  

No it isn't.  He has like 50 technical fouls this year.