**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

Is Beal hurt?

He was hurt a couple weeks back and i believe is playing through something still. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I love Celtic fan talking crap. Ainge for years had a ton of picks and they boasted he was gonna get them a legit superstar. They have Tatum and brown along with a declining kemba and Marcus smart. I love Tatum and brown is good but they were boasting about AD coming to Boston. Then he went to their rival cause he didn’t want to go to the city of Boston 

Not to mention the Gordon Hayward debacle.  I have been hearing and reading Cs fans calling for Ainge to be fired pretty much all season.  A lot of them don't want Ainge around to hire Stevens' replacement. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, therealdawk20 said:

Not to mention the Gordon Hayward debacle.  I have been hearing and reading Cs fans calling for Ainge to be fired pretty much all season.  A lot of them don't want Ainge around to hire Steven's replacement. 

I wouldn’t fire stevens. Frankly i think he’s a good coach and ainge has made bad moves where pieces don’t fit together. The kemba walker signing has failed miserably. He got hurt and has never been the same. Stevens can coach but if he’s not what he was with the hornets nothing he can do to make him that again. Plus their interior is relying on Tristan Thompson, Robert Williams  and Fournier (when brown was healthy). That’s not going to cut it. I’d fire ainge and keep Stevens. But if they fire Stevens he will have no problems finding another HC job 

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ben is Ben, but 6ers can play D with the best of them this year. This team is better than any of our previous playoff teams. And, we have an incredibly easy road to the conference finals. There will be no 2nd round exit. 

I'd take the Butler team. Just preference. The other problemfor me when people say the 76ers play good D is teams don't have to against them past a point. Take Embiid away and hope Harris isn't hot. Basically it.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

I'd take the Butler team. Just preference. The other problemfor me when people say the 76ers play good D is teams don't have to against them past a point. Take Embiid away and hope Harris isn't hot. Basically it.

Jesus. The way some of you talk you’d think the Sixers are in the play-in rather than the 1 seed. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Who do you guys want in the first round, Washington or Indiana?

46 minutes ago, nipples said:

. The way some of you talk you’d think the Sixers are in the play-in rather than the 1 seed. 

History repeats itself 

30 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

i'd rather washington since jojo should be able to dominate their bigs. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I think I Washington. Indiana seems to be more well rounded, better defense and plays well on the road.

Beal is also on a bad hammy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

History repeats itself 

What history do we have with Rivers coaching, and Curry, Howard, Maxey, Green and Hill on the team? 

Different roster, different coach, means you can’t anticipate future results based on previous years’ failures. 

Gonna have to bring the big guns out if we face the wizards 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nipples said:

What history do we have with Rivers coaching, and Curry, Howard, Maxey, Green and Hill on the team? 

Different roster, different coach, means you can’t anticipate future results based on previous years’ failures. 

To be fair we're talking about the Sixers and we expect something Sixery to happen.  This year went pretty damn well so we're all just waiting for a punch in dick like we've had for 20+ years.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, rambo said:

To be fair we're talking about the Sixers and we expect something Sixery to happen.  This year went pretty damn well so we're all just waiting for a punch in dick like we've had for 20+ years.

Simmons in half court is dog crap aka playoff basketball 

Cant play Simmons and Howard together, can't play Simmons and Thybulle together 

Doc has blown THREE 3-1 leads

Are definitely question marks going into the playoffs, but still getting to the Conference Finals should be a cake walk and anything else this needs to be blown apart. 

This is only the second time Doc has gone into the playoffs with the #1 seed. The first was in 2008 with the Celtics... that ended pretty well for him. 

4 hours ago, nipples said:

Howard and Maxey so you are basing them advancing on backups when they couldn't with a certain guy now in Miami? Hill has done what? Average 5 points a game?

Honestly, out of Embiid being better there isn't a ton to get fired up about. When teams take him away, which they have time and time again in the playoffs, it falls on Ben being an anchor, Harris having to be good, and praying one of the other guys can hit their shots. They may one or two games, but the difference is the real contenders have people that can consistently drill the outside. I hate the Jazz living here but they have people that will smoke the Sixers game after game from the outside and I'm not even sure they make it out of the West. This is a flawed team that needs magic in a bottle to win. Literally almost everything has to go right because the playoffs are a different type of game and the last few months don't matter. So yeah could they kick into Foles mode? Sure, but reality says it's not likely.

16 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Howard and Maxey so you are basing them advancing on backups when they couldn't with a certain guy now in Miami? Hill has done what? Average 5 points a game?

Honestly, out of Embiid being better there isn't a ton to get fired up about. When teams take him away, which they have time and time again in the playoffs, it falls on Ben being an anchor, Harris having to be good, and praying one of the other guys can hit their shots. They may one or two games, but the difference is the real contenders have people that can consistently drill the outside. I hate the Jazz living here but they have people that will smoke the Sixers game after game from the outside and I'm not even sure they make it out of the West. This is a flawed team that needs magic in a bottle to win. Literally almost everything has to go right because the playoffs are a different type of game and the last few months don't matter. So yeah could they kick into Foles mode? Sure, but reality says it's not likely.

I get what you are saying. The sixers really need another scorer/shooter they can trust consistently. I said this at the deadline that if the sixers somehow acquired someone like Lavine (keeping harris, Simmons and embiid) i would say they would be my favorite to win the title with how they play defense and finally have two consistent scorers along with harris who was consistent for the most part in the regular season.

I still think the sixers make it to the ECF. If they face the wizards you saw last night they don’t play any defense. And they don’t have guys to guard embiid. If the Sixers face the Knicks they have rose and randle on offense that scares you. That’s about it. They are actually a defensive first team kind of like the sixers. Sixers have better players and more talent so I’d take the sixers. Atlanta actually scares me more cause they’ve been great since the coaching change. They go 10 deep can score but really their defense is not good. I’d take the sixers but they have the offensive firepower to go 6 in that series. 

They might get beat in the ECF. The odds are against them beating the nets if they are healthy in that series. However i tend to think harris needs to be a third option and not a second option. Meaning the sixers have to figure a way to get a second consistent scoring threat this offseason or if lillard wants out or beal or whomever the sixers should look to trading Ben but only if one of those guys becomes available. Don’t trade him for the sake of trading him. Lillard would be a guy I’d go all in even if we sacrifice defense for a major upgrade on offense. If the Sixers can’t do that then i look at the deadline to see if someone like Lavine becomes available (last year of his contract) bulls suck he likely bolts. 

these playoffs are going to show you how embiid deals with doubles and playoff adjustments. We are going to see if harris can be as consistent in the playoffs as the regular season as the second scorer. We are also going to see if Simmons is capable of being here long term 

33 minutes ago, nipples said:

This is only the second time Doc has gone into the playoffs with the #1 seed. The first was in 2008 with the Celtics... that ended pretty well for him. 

That team would wipe the floor with this one. 

12 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

My point mentioning Maxey and Howard is they are just two of the handful of players on this year’s roster, that were not here the last few seasons. It’s a different roster, there’s no reason to just assume this playoff will be just like the past few seasons. And you’re also discounting the coaching change. While he has his own flaws, Rivers is 10x the coach BB was.

Anyway, you’re being pretty ridiculous. This team didn’t get to the top seed in the East by not being a good team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I get what you are saying. The sixers really need another scorer/shooter they can trust consistently. I said this at the deadline that if the sixers somehow acquired someone like Lavine (keeping harris, Simmons and embiid) i would say they would be my favorite to win the title with how they play defense and finally have two consistent scorers along with harris who was consistent for the most part in the regular season.

I still think the sixers make it to the ECF. If they face the wizards you saw last night they don’t play any defense. And they don’t have guys to guard embiid. If the Sixers face the Knicks they have rose and randle on offense that scares you. That’s about it. They are actually a defensive first team kind of like the sixers. Sixers have better players and more talent so I’d take the sixers. Atlanta actually scares me more cause they’ve been great since the coaching change. They go 10 deep can score but really their defense is not good. I’d take the sixers but they have the offensive firepower to go 6 in that series. 

They might get beat in the ECF. The odds are against them beating the nets if they are healthy in that series. However i tend to think harris needs to be a third option and not a second option. Meaning the sixers have to figure a way to get a second consistent scoring threat this offseason or if lillard wants out or beal or whomever the sixers should look to trading Ben but only if one of those guys becomes available. Don’t trade him for the sake of trading him. Lillard would be a guy I’d go all in even if we sacrifice defense for a major upgrade on offense. If the Sixers can’t do that then i look at the deadline to see if someone like Lavine becomes available (last year of his contract) bulls suck he likely bolts. 

these playoffs are going to show you how embiid deals with doubles and playoff adjustments. We are going to see if harris can be as consistent in the playoffs as the regular season as the second scorer. We are also going to see if Simmons is capable of being here long term 

Exactly. We'll see and I'm rooting for them to go Foles mode, but that's a lot to expect.

18 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Exactly. We'll see and I'm rooting for them to go Foles mode, but that's a lot to expect.

If they don’t get to the the ECF it’s a massive disappointment. The path they got is never going to get any easier and the other semi-final is going to be a dogfight regardless of whether it’s Miami or the bucks who take on the nets. 

I really hope he keeps this up in the postseason.

1533C14A-7F32-4BF4-9017-F34C9310AF9F.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If they don’t get to the the ECF it’s a massive disappointment. The path they got is never going to get any easier and the other semi-final is going to be a dogfight regardless of whether it’s Miami or the bucks who take on the nets. 

I'll be rooting for them. Hope they hit Foles mode.

33 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I'll be rooting for them. Hope they hit Foles mode.

You keep saying "Foles mode” and that really doesn’t make any sense. They’re going into the playoffs as the top seed and about as healthy as they’ve been in awhile, not limping in missing their MVP candidate star. 

29 minutes ago, nipples said:

You keep saying "Foles mode” and that really doesn’t make any sense. They’re going into the playoffs as the top seed and about as healthy as they’ve been in awhile, not limping in missing their MVP candidate star. 

Sure it does. Harris and at least one other has to play their best or they are toast. Just like Foles did. 1 seed can go on your fridge but means nothing with their issues.