**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think you’re still looking at him through that wizard series. So far this series he’s a -13 when on the floor. Only in one game this series has he been over a +2. Unfortunately he’s not ready. More unfortunately George hill has been awful outside of a game in the postseason. Thybulle still can’t shoot. And korkmaz is a defensive liability. 

I’m looking at it as a team. No one else but Embiid and Curry could score. So literally making any shot would have been a net positive on offense. And considering they put up 40 against us, I don’t see his defense being that big of a liability.

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Fire Doc. Give the job to Cassell. He may actually be better. 

Doc isn’t getting fired after one season. I mean the only way is if Morey is adamant about trading Simmons, as he should be, and Doc takes some kind of stand against it. 

6 minutes ago, TEW said:

"Experience” got us 13 total bench points in 58 total minutes. Nothing was working. We could all see nothing was working.

I don’t care about experience. We all felt the momentum shifting, we could all see no one was stepping up. Give the kid a shot mid 4th quarter to see if he could get you a spark.

Correct.  Coach has to feel that and try something to find signs of life on the court. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TEW said:

I’m looking at it as a team. No one else but Embiid and Curry could score. So literally making any shot would have been a net positive on offense. And considering they put up 40 against us, I don’t see his defense being that big of a liability.

Eh i still go back to he’s been a - on the court for much of the series besides one game he was a +7. Otherwise he’s been more negative than good. I get what you are saying however i don’t think he was their savior. Their savior should have been Harris and Simmons and one folds when the games get bigger and Ben Simmons refuses to work on his shooting and FTs 

if we really want to get technical we should go to a hack a capela because once they start going on a run it slows them down and messes with their offense and they don’t score as many points as he keeps bricking free throws like Ben Simmons. but doc is too stubborn and stupid to do that

What the F happened?  I was at work and last time I checked the score a little before 10pm and we were winning by 20+ points.  I get home and see we lost by 3.  Again.  I'm looking at the box score and see Embiid and Curry were basically our only O on the night and Simmons missed TEN FTs.  Huh, if he could somehow manage to shoot just a hair over 50% at the CHARITY stripe then we'd have won the game.  So he and Harris couldn't step up even for one stinking QTR?  Pathetic. 

Sure, Simmons is an elite defender, but he's a eunuch on O.  Too afraid to shoot because he never bothered to develop even a mid range jumper (forget about a 3pt shot) and too afraid to drive to the hoop because he might get fouled and have to shoot FTs.  Maybe if he spent less time in the off-season hanging with the Kardashians and Jenners and more time working on the weak points of his game then he'd be a better player.  You really have to question both his heart and his mentality at this point.  And as someone else mentioned, now his trade value is mediocre because all his flaws have been exposed in back-to-back playoff years and he's done nothing to improve his game.

2 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

What the F happened?  I was at work and last time I checked the score a little before 10pm and we were winning by 20+ points.  I get home and see we lost by 3.  Again.  I'm looking at the box score and see Embiid and Curry were basically our only O on the night and Simmons missed TEN FTs.  Huh, if he could somehow manage to shoot just a hair over 50% at the CHARITY stripe then we'd have won the game.  So he and Harris couldn't step up even for one stinking QTR?  Pathetic. 

Sure, Simmons is an elite defender, but he's a eunuch on O.  Too afraid to shoot because he never bothered to develop even a mid range jumper (forget about a 3pt shot) and too afraid to drive to the hoop because he might get fouled and have to shoot FTs.  Maybe if he spent less time in the off-season hanging with the Kardashians and Jenners and more time working on the weak points of his game then he'd be a better player.  You really have to question both his heart and his mentality at this point.  And as someone else mentioned, now his trade value is mediocre because all his flaws have been exposed in back-to-back playoff years and he's done nothing to improve his game.

Harris is overrated. Simmons is overrated. Doc is pulling a 2020 clippers in 2021. Bench was bad. Basically embiid and curry the only two gamers 

19 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Fire Doc. Give the job to Cassell. He may actually be better. 

I said last offseason that’s who i would’ve went after. I think he’s going to be a good coach. To me doc is overrated and living off glory days from over a decade ago

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Correct.  Coach has to feel that and try something to find signs of life on the court. 

I'm not a Doc fan at all and hope he goes. That being said his players are what they are. Simmons is a pathetic and very scared wimp on the offensive side. That's who he will always be. Harris is another who is way too hit or miss to be counted on. 2/3 of the heart and leadership of the team doesn't have what it takes in crunch time. Not much a coach can do with that. It's not like he has a dependable bench to go to because they are crap as well.

I don’t know what the spread is for game 6 but if it’s not -10 atlanta, I’d take atlanta all day. This team last year showed when they are down they will roll over and die. So i don’t expect anything different with much of the same cast of characters besides curry and howard. This feels like atlanta blows the doors off a sixers team and do it early with that crowd rocking in atlanta. 

7 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I'm not a Doc fan at all and hope he goes. That being said his players are what they are. Simmons is a pathetic and very scared wimp on the offensive side. That's who he will always be. Harris is another who is way too hit or miss to be counted on. 2/3 of the heart and leadership of the team doesn't have what it takes in crunch time. Not much a coach can do with that. It's not like he has a dependable bench to go to because they are crap as well.

Can thank the 2019-2020 offseason for the bench being what it is. Instead of throwing money at horford and essentially burning it they could have used to on better options. Instead they believed somehow al freaking horford was the golden ticket to a title. They could have easily gotten bojan bogdanovic and a bench player for what they paid that over the hill stiff. I strongly believe when we look back at this when we haven’t won a title the 3 factors where you will say they went wrong were 1. Wasting drafticks on guys like okafor and fultz 2. Signing of horford and 3. Trading bridges for zhaire and basically getting tobias cause of the first rounder they got back. At this point i rather not be paying tobias Harris near a max. He’s isn’t a max player or close to it. 

76ers are straight up chokers. JoJo is their only good and reliable star, when he's not injured, which is every year of course. Simmons is a coward. The rest are overrated to varying degrees. Doc isn't a magician and he shouldn't have to be. 

For my part, I think this paper tiger team all goes back to the NBA forcing the 76ers to stop the process and fire Hinkie, and then, the team wasting picks to eliminate the advantages he built. The Owners should've told Silver to go F himself. No top FA's ever want to come to the 76ers...ever, and they never will. Their only hope of greatness is to build the best team through the draft and win a few championships because of it, and before they all bail for better cities to play and live in. They better collect a fistful of young superstars or they'll be what they are forever, not nearly good enough.

• Like 1

Get rid of ben and get beal or lillard.  Otherwise the rest of Embiid’s prime will be wasted and it’ll be time for another rebuild with no title.

Just now, PoconoDon said:

76ers are straight up chokers. JoJo is their only good and reliable star, when he's not injured, which is every year of course. Simmons is a coward. The rest are overrated to varying degrees. Doc isn't a magician and he shouldn't have to be. 

For my part, I think this paper tiger team all goes back to the NBA forcing the 76ers to stop the process and fire Hinkie, and then, the team wasting picks to eliminate the advantages he built. The Owners should've told Silver to go F himself. No top FA's ever want to come to the 76ers...ever, and they never will. Their only hope of greatness is to build the best team through the draft and win a few championships because of it, and before they all bail for better cities to play and live in. They better collect a fistful of young superstars or they'll be what they are forever, not nearly good enough.

I agree but doc deserves blame. Dude is living off those Celtics glory years. He’s been straight up part of the problem with the clippers failures and collapses over the years. Last year the clippers had a more talented team than the sixers and yet managed to blow a 3-1 series lead where they had 19 point, 15 point leads in games 5 and 6 and the 7 point lead late in the 3rd and lost by 15. So doc is also part of the issue. He’s shown that over the last 2 years of coaching. 

• Like 2

Keep making history each game 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I agree but doc deserves blame. Dude is living off those Celtics glory years. He’s been straight up part of the problem with the clippers failures and collapses over the years. Last year the clippers had a more talented team than the sixers and yet managed to blow a 3-1 series lead where they had 19 point, 15 point leads in games 5 and 6 and the 7 point lead late in the 3rd and lost by 15. So doc is also part of the issue. He’s shown that over the last 2 years of coaching. 

OK. Doc can have his piece of the blame too and he does deserve it. I would temper it a little bit though. It's like he's being asked to build a 6' high wall with only 2' worth of bricks. It's an impossible task to win it all with this team. In the end, I 100% expect them to come up short every year and I think it's 10X more likely that JoJo goes west (assuming his body holds up) than 3 or 4 great young ones come here to join him. 1st move of the off season should be to trade Simmons. 

3 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

OK. Doc can have his piece of the blame too and he does deserve it. I would temper it a little bit though. It's like he's being asked to build a 6' high wall with only 2' worth of bricks. It's an impossible task to win it all with this team. In the end, I 100% expect them to come up short every year and I think it's 10X more likely that JoJo goes west (assuming his body holds up) than 3 or 4 great young ones come here to join him. 1st move of the off season should be to trade Simmons. 

Eh i think doc is vastly overrated. The clippers have blown multiple 3-1 series leads with him in similar fashion. The Celtics also blew a finals up 3-2 where they scored 67 points in a nba finals game. Tells me everything i need to know. 

don’t get me wrong this team has major construction issues. And they blew their wad when they actually had cash and cap space to spend on stupid moves like al horford which now is coming back to bite them in the ass. Along with bad draft picks and bad draft trades. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Eh i think doc is vastly overrated. The clippers have blown multiple 3-1 series leads with him in similar fashion. The Celtics also blew a finals up 3-2 where they scored 67 points in a nba finals game. Tells me everything i need to know. 

don’t get me wrong this team has major construction issues. And they blew their wad when they actually had cash and cap space to spend on stupid moves like al horford which now is coming back to bite them in the ass. Along with bad draft picks and bad draft trades. 

Don't get me wrong, I think upgrading the Coach is a necessary move too. I'm all for it, but I just would love to see the player personnel stuff straightened out first. I think that's the more important problem to solve right now.

23 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Pretty much agreed.

I do think if you build organically you might be able to keep a team together. It’s a big enough market and city where if you get a group together that likes playing together you might be able to convince them to stay. Call it a 1/3 chance.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Don't get me wrong, I think upgrading the Coach is a necessary move too. I'm all for it, but I just would love to see the player personnel stuff straightened out first. I think that's the more important problem to solve right now.

Your player personnel problem goes back to the fact they really are hamstrung because of the moves they made in the past and giving out bad contracts. They don’t have ideal assets to get the players you want. Their time to make big moves was really the offseason where hey signed horford. They had money and an asset in Simmons that you could trade to bring in a Star and build the team up around them with the cap space. You don’t have the cap space to make the moves you want because of signings of Tobias Harris to a Max (basically a max) and Ben Simmons to a max. You can trade those guys but you’re not gonna get near the value you think unless you overpay to get something. That means potentially trading Ben Simmons, Maxey and thybulle just to get Damian Lillard. And I’m not sure that’s even the package the blazers get from the team or if they don’t let this year play out with lillard and a new coach

sadly i think it’s much more likely you see the same team back next year but add a piece with the trade exception they got with horford and a MLE they have. Maybe a signing like that of Howard this past year. They would have to get really creative to bring other guys in and I’m not sure they can pull off a lillard trade if Portland doesn’t wanna do it this year. I don’t see them dealing Ben Simmons just to deal him to get rid of him.

Unfortunately Ben and Harris have 4 and 3 years left on their deals. No one is going to want to touch those types of contracts unless they still believe in them. Again unfortunately Simmons shown with doc he’s still the same. And Harris with doc has returned to his inconsistent playoff form. You’d basically have to just give away those two with getting a bunch of expiring contracts back that match their salary and maybe some future draft picks. Which means you’d be saying it’s embiid and curry next year. Taking a step back. and hoping the following offseason with the cap space you’d have to make a huge splash with the assets you acquired and build the team around embiid again. 

if you want trades to dump simmons and Harris to clear cap space for the 2022-23 offseason then here are some but it’s not pretty cause simmons and Harris have huge numbers to match. Plus you have to find teams where they are a need:

Harris for Aaron gordon and Barton (2 years left at 13 mil a piece). Basically clears 17 mil of space for 22-23 and Barton can be used as an expiring contract that offseason. 

Harris for Wiggins and looneyand picks. Both have two years left so the summer of 22-23 offseason both would be expiring contracts and could do a sign and trade with them or trade them as expiring contracts to a rebuilding team

harris for Covington, Powell and Derrick Jones jr. all have expiring contracts going into next year 

as for simmons

Simmons for Covington, Powell and Derrick Jones jr

simmons for Wiggins, looney and draft picks (actually makes sense for the warriors if they plan on dealing draymond) 

Simmons for Thad young and lavine( both have expiring contracts and lavine is a good player just not a star player imo— if it works out then yeah you extend him but if not use him in a sign and trade or at the deadline— bulls would have to willing to part with lavine and know he isn’t coming back)

Simmons for Kevin love and sexton(sexton apparently wants out. Love has two years left so summer of 22-23 he’s a expiring contract so good asset. Have to re-sign sexton after this upcoming year)

Simmons for Russell ( Russell becomes an expiring contract at the end of this next season so another trade chip)

what I’m saying it’s not exactly pretty what you can do but if you are willing to take a step back in 21-22 to potentially have assets for 22-23 offseason and cap space you could build the team better around embiid at that point. 

I do think the 76ers are a much better team than Atlanta.  When their intensity is up, they are mopping the floor with them.  The problem is that the entire functionality of this team is dependent on Embiid being superman.  When he falls from that perch, even for a brief period of time, things get so bad that they can't even win a game against this team.

So the problem, now backs against the wall, is that they need 8 quarters of Superman Embiid.  If they get 7, that's going to create enough of a deficit that they will drop a game and get eliminated. 

2 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA holy hell. I told you all this would happen.

I said for awhile that this team is still to damn immature and stupid even when they were winning pretty big in the regular season. Just the stupid sheet they do even when they are winning is not what champions do. 

Then you have Simmons who is garbage and what you have is 2 players (Harris) that are paid max dollars for a 3rd and 4th to 5th scoring option. 

• Like 1

comical. Don’t know which is worse simmons with 0 shots, Harris 0-5 or embiid 1-10

also Ben is the first point guard in playoff history to miss 10 free throws in a game 

04D19F22-3CD7-40F2-8C95-E89FA9BF1F71.jpeg

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Totally agree. Owner is a freaking wimp too and that was the moment that ruined things.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

At least this was good

That's class.

Deary me though what's happening to the Sixers? They could bomb out at this point. Again. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's class.

Deary me though what's happening to the Sixers? They could bomb out at this point. Again. 

I’d bet a ton of money they get their doors blown off in atlanta on Friday night. That’s a loss at home and up 26 you don’t recover from that. I’d be absolutely stunned if they actually pulled off a win in atlanta. And be mildly surprised if that games is close at the end