**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

I think they just got arrogant. Probably thought they had it wrapped up. Hopefully it's a wake up call

9 minutes ago, JohnB said:

I think they just got arrogant. Probably thought they had it wrapped up. Hopefully it's a wake up call

Lol game 4 should’ve been that. This is bigger. They lack killer instinct and they are toast in the fourth quarter and can’t finish. Actually think they miss Danny green’s calmness on the court late in games which is flat out embarrassing considering he shouldn’t be that at this point in embiid, Harris and Simmons 

Just saying Brett brown has made as far in the playoffs as doc has since 2013 ( same year Brett was hired) 

CF814C15-FC4A-45B1-89ED-1D7F9C2FDE13.jpeg

What in the actual f*** just happened 

They will still win the series

• Like 1

I see what everyone is saying about Ben now. How is that guy even a professional basketball player? He's the Agholor of basketball.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Atlanta won that quarter. Better watch for the collapse. 

Good call. :sad:

• Like 1

Well on a positive note, instead of watching the Sixers Friday I can go schedule and get that long overdue root canal!!  And will be less painful!

• Like 2

On 6/14/2021 at 5:38 PM, NYEagle said:

I kind of agree but.....like Mr. Wolf from Pulp Fiction "Let's not start sucking each other's D's quite yet gentlemen."  Let's just finish off the Hawks and see what happens next!

Ummm......Mr. Wolf just shot the Sixers instead of trying to clean up their mess for them.

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

Well on a positive note, instead of watching the Sixers Friday I can go schedule and get that long overdue root canal!!  And will be less painful!

I had a root canal last Thursday. They’re definitely much worse than the 76ers!

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Eh i think doc is vastly overrated. The clippers have blown multiple 3-1 series leads with him in similar fashion. The Celtics also blew a finals up 3-2 where they scored 67 points in a nba finals game. Tells me everything i need to know. 

don’t get me wrong this team has major construction issues. And they blew their wad when they actually had cash and cap space to spend on stupid moves like al horford which now is coming back to bite them in the ass. Along with bad draft picks and bad draft trades. 

im going to say this if the sixers lose, i think they will fire doc rivers. there's alot of factors of why it will happen

1. his defending of ben simmons and doesnt hold him accountable.

2. he was hired before morey took over, he may want his own guy.

3. morey wants to trade ben and doc overruling him will probably get him canned.

4. embiid, i cant even imagine the pain he's going through right now and i feel really bad for him, i think embiid is going to go the fo and say either fire doc or trade me

5. losing to the hawks, that alone should get any coach fired since they have lesser talent than this team does and in the playoffs as well like that's the lowest

thing that can happen. there's no excuses for that. great coaches dont let that happen, even if ben sucks and i do want ben gone 100 percent.

you guys are being hard on ben but he did manage to hold trae young to 39 points. 

srsly, they have to trade ben at this point.  offense...not defense....wins in today's nba. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

you guys are being hard on ben but he did manage to hold trae young to 39 points. 

srsly, they have to trade ben at this point.  offense...not defense....wins in today's nba. 

Thybulle can guard the main wing/ball handler on the defensive end next year and only makes 4.5 million next year 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Thybulle can guard the main wing/ball handler on the defensive end next year and only makes 4.5 million next year 

yeah, i'm hoping thybulle can slide into danny green's starting spot.  they'd lose 3 pt shooting...but it could work if they move ben & get an actual shooter. having both ben & thybulle in the starting lineup would be a disaster.

green, scott, dwight, & kork will be free agents and i'd be surprised to see anyone other than dwight back next year.

On 5/18/2021 at 7:33 PM, TV Guy said:

2nd round exit, sadly. Can't play 4 on 5 in a half court set for a whole series and win. Teams actually play defense in the playoffs.

On 5/18/2021 at 8:07 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Bad take. 

You do know who their 2nd round match up is? 

On 5/18/2021 at 9:01 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Ben is Ben, but 6ers can play D with the best of them this year. This team is better than any of our previous playoff teams. And, we have an incredibly easy road to the conference finals. There will be no 2nd round exit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah, i'm hoping thybulle can slide into danny green's starting spot.  they'd lose 3 pt shooting...but it could work if they move ben & get an actual shooter. having both ben & thybulle in the starting lineup would be a disaster.

green, scott, dwight, & kork will be free agents and i'd be surprised to see anyone other than dwight back next year.

F Dwight!  Dude had 18 offensive rebounds under the basket and didn't score.  I swear, he plays like an epileptic wearing oven mitts.

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

ben for westbrook...which team says no? 

Morey hangs up the phone the 2nd he hears Russ 

• Haha 1

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

Morey hangs up the phone the 2nd he hears Russ 

russ has his faults but he's an alpha dog triple-double machine who plays hard & never quits. i actually can't stand russ but i'd take him over ben at this point. 

just trying to be realistic because i don't think there's a chance in hell they could get dame, beal, steph, or any of the other crazy names being thrown out there...for ben. 

10 minutes ago, TV Guy said:

Hawks didn't play any high lvl defense so your take was also bad. 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

russ has his faults but he's an alpha dog triple-double machine who plays hard & never quits. i actually can't stand russ but i'd take him over ben at this point. 

just trying to be realistic because i don't think there's a chance in hell they could get dame, beal, steph, or any of the other crazy names being thrown out there...for ben. 

I mean so is Ben and as bad as Ben is at FT shooting people will hate Russ more because of how stupid he is in the final 5 minutes. Embiid will have low post position and Russ will shoot a mid-range jumper with 18 seconds left on the shot clock.

Will be a few GMs that still love Ben and give up a lot to get him

24 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Not trading Scott and his expiring for a guy on a longer deal and not playing Maxey more during the season were mistakes for sure 

7 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

This thing ain’t over yet. 

Stop. Yes it is. Same team as the last few years in the playoffs. 

• Like 1