**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 minute ago, Diehardfan said:

Stop. Yes it is. Same team as the last few years in the playoffs. 

We’ll see. 

Just now, Khani1 said:

We’ll see. 

People gave me crap two months ago when I said this exact thing would happen. They are toast because Simmons is useless offensively, Harris vanishes, and the bench is crap. There is no consistency, nobody who throws the team on their back, and no fire to win at all costs. It's the exact same team that has gotten tossed. 

Just now, Diehardfan said:

People gave me crap two months ago when I said this exact thing would happen. They are toast because Simmons is useless offensively, Harris vanishes, and the bench is crap. There is no consistency, nobody who throws the team on their back, and no fire to win at all costs. It's the exact same team that has gotten tossed. 

The difference is Embiid is playing at an MVP level this year. Tobi and Ben had a horrendous game. We have been up by 15-20 points multiple times in this series. I expect Tobi to have a good game Friday. Ben might go "all out” and give us 18 points. The anger will still be there with very little rest. 

15 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I mean so is Ben and as bad as Ben is at FT shooting people will hate Russ more because of how stupid he is in the final 5 minutes. Embiid will have low post position and Russ will shoot a mid-range jumper with 18 seconds left on the shot clock.

Will be a few GMs that still love Ben and give up a lot to get him

they need a guy willing to take shots in the final 5 minutes.  

anyway, i was just throwing russ out there as the type of player i think they could potentially get for ben. i hope you're right about other gm's being willing to give up a lot more for him. 

Just now, Khani1 said:

The difference is Embiid is playing at an MVP level this year. Tobi and Ben had a horrendous game. We have been up by 15-20 points multiple times in this series. I expect Tobi to have a good game Friday. Ben might go "all out” and give us 18 points. The anger will still be there with very little rest. 

Lol stop. 

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

anyway, i was just throwing russ out there as the type of player i think they could potentially get for ben. i hope you're right about other gm's being willing to give up a lot more for 

Ben is the gif of the little kid turning and running away. I've never seen a "star" drive to within 9 feet of the basket and then turn around and desperately look for someone else to take it when he is wide open. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Hate to break it to you. Nobody cares about your prophecies two months ago.

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

anyway, i was just throwing russ out there as the type of player i think they could potentially get for ben. i hope you're right about other gm's being willing to give up a lot more for him. 

I hate Russ, probably more than any athlete in sports, but you're probably right. We aren't going to get too much for Ben. My fantasy is Ben and 3 1st round picks for Lillard, but if Boston offers Kemba Walker and 3 first round picks, Portland is taking Boston's deal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blazehound said:

Hate to break it to you. Nobody cares about your prophecies two months ago.

Called history repeating because nothing changed not prophecies. 

Just now, Diehardfan said:

Called history repeating because nothing changed not prophecies. 

Whatever. 

4 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I hate Russ, probably more than any athlete in sports, but you're probably right. We aren't going to get too much for Ben. My fantasy is Ben and 3 1st round picks for Lillard, but if Boston offers Kemba Walker and 3 first round picks, Portland is taking Boston's deal. 

Dame is the alpha you want not Russ. Plus he and embiid have beef

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Kemba Walker and 3 late first round picks is not getting it done for Lillard. They’d have to add Brown at least. 

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

Dame is the alpha you want not Russ. Plus he and embiid have beef

Dame is going to be hard to get. That's my only point. He's definitely the guy I want. I'm just saying I dump Ben at all costs at this point. There is no way they can bring him back after this. 

7 minutes ago, Gannan said:

You think Portland will only get a broke ass Kemba and 3 1st for Dame? Come on 

• Like 1

Kemba Walker and 3 late first round picks is not getting it done for Lillard.

Kemba’s knee is shot. 

Kemba Walker and 3 late first round picks is not getting it done for Lillard. They’d have to add Brown at least. 

Would Ben and 3 first rounders? Probably not. Maybe throwing Maxey in get that's done. 

Just now, Gannan said:

Would Ben and 3 first rounders? Probably not. Maybe throwing Maxey in get that's done. 

See if Pelicans want Ben for Ingram have read from one of those insiders that Zion and Ingram don't play well off each other. 

5 minutes ago, Gannan said:

yeah, russ in one of my most hated players too...and i really don't want him on the sixers. i was just speculating the caliber player ben could fetch. 

dame is every team's #1 trade target this offseason. personally, idk why portland would move him unless he flat out demands a trade. odds of him winding up in philly are slim. 

my wish list for ben would be dame #1, beal #2, lavine #3. hell, there was an article out of chicago a few months back suggesting lavine and markannen for ben....and i think carter jr was in there as well. that one looks pretty damn good right now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Khani1 said:

I can’t see us losing to Atlanta 3 times in a row. 

They have now blown two double digit leads in the 2nd half in 2 consecutive games. This team doesn't have an alpha to right the ship and as long as Hawks stick around next game doubt will creep into their mind 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah, russ in one of my most hated players too...and i really don't want him on the sixers. i was just speculating the caliber player ben could fetch. 

dame is every team's #1 trade target this offseason. personally, idk why portland would move him unless he flat out demands a trade. odds of him winding up in philly are slim. 

my wish list for ben would be dame #1, beal #2, lavine #3. hell, there was an article out of chicago a few months back suggesting lavine and markannen for ben....and i think carter jr was in there as well. that one looks pretty damn good right now. 

We have to hope some team is foolish enough to think they can fix Ben. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

Carter is in Orlando now and Bulls traded for Vucevic so I doubt LaVine goes anywhere 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They have now blown two double digit leads in the 2nd half in 2 consecutive games. This team doesn't have an alpha to right the ship and as long as Hawks stick around next game doubt will creep into their mind 

That's how I see. Atlanta has more heart. This Sixers team is soft AF

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Carter is in Orlando now and Bulls traded for Vucevic so I doubt LaVine goes anywhere 

yeah, it was an old article. again, just speculating the types of players who were being talked about in a package for simmons. 

https://pippenainteasy.com/2020/12/21/chicago-bulls-3-updated-trades-with-sixers-for-ben-simmons/4/

things have certainly changed since then.