**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

6 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Dame is the alpha you want not Russ. Plus he and embiid have beef

Absolutely. This team is Embiid, Green, and a bunch of softs. I knew we'd miss Butler but not to this extent. 

6 minutes ago, mayanh8 said:

Absolutely. This team is Embiid, Green, and a bunch of softs. I knew we'd miss Butler but not to this extent. 

Its becoming painfully obvious why a guy like Butler wanted nothing to do with this team. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mayanh8 said:

i love jojo but he's kinda soft too. :lol:  

too many games where he shows up with his pouty face & settles for jumpers all game long. still a great player but i think you need a legit alpha #1 scorer with jo as #1b. 

• Like 1

Just now, mr_hunt said:

too many games where he shows up with his pouty face & settles for jumpers all game long. still a great player but i think you need a legit alpha #1 scorer with jo as #1b. 

I hear you on this, but I think Jo is mostly fine as your "1" ... assuming he is playing with a competent guard. Jimmy Butler was a competent G/F. It didn't make him the better player than Jo while he was here. Embiid is phenomenal. Special. But at the end of the day he's a Center. No crap he's gassing out at the end of these games. He's a Center, playing on one leg, as the only threat on the entire court, save for white hot role player Seth Curry. 

Ben is a huge, huge, warranted scapegoat here. He is a pathetic excuse of an All Star NBA player and he should be ashamed. Will he be though? Probably not, because he is the ultimate Gen Z entitled, arrogant NBA player. Why would he lock himself in the gym to work on his FTs, admit he is shooting with the wrong hand and commit to fixing it? He's already a millionaire dating celebrities. Sure, winning titles would be nice on top of that. But that would sacrifice more than he's willing to give up. 

Embiid almost certainly is going to tell the FO get him outta here this offseason. It just is what it is. I'm sure on a personal level Embiid likes Ben. But Ben the player is wasting Embiid the player's career at this point. And if you think you're simply just swapping him out for Dame Lillard you're outta you're Fing minds :lol:  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

If we were able to bring in someone like Dame, I bet Seth Curry's ppg goes up to 17'ish.

You bring him off the bench and tell him to go crazy. Point to Lou Williams, Jordan Clarkson, Rose before starting in the playoffs as successful transitions and still get paid. 

Wonder if you can trick whoever gets the #1 pick on the 22nd to trade us Ben for the 1st pick. I doubt it though. 

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You bring him off the bench and tell him to go crazy. Point to Lou Williams, Jordan Clarkson, Rose before starting in the playoffs as successful transitions and still get paid. 

I'd prefer to have him out with Embiid and Dame.  The spacing would be insane.  He would have a ton of open looks.  And now he can drive to the basket too.

35 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

He totally quit on his free throws at the end of the game....I thought he almost missed them on purpose.

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I'd prefer to have him out with Embiid and Dame.  The spacing would be insane.  He would have a ton of open looks.  And now he can drive to the basket too.

He can still close games, but him playing with the 2nd unit to start the 2nd quarter gives the team some scoring threat. 

I think Doc should keep Seth in to start the 4th as some scoring option instead of the crap show they have now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

He totally quit on his free throws at the end of the game....I thought he almost missed them on purpose.

He said this in April and has to be so frustrated with Ben. As far as you can go without totally shitting on him

Oh yeah, for sure. … First of all, I want him to be aggressive every single play, whether it’s to make plays or whether it’s to look for his shot,” Embiid said. "He’s got to be aggressive. He’s got to make guys on the other team guard him — like tonight. We saw it. I was really excited when he made those two (jump) shots.

"He’s starting to be comfortable. He’s getting back to where he was right before the All-Star break, so he’s got to keep on doing it. He’s a playmaker and he wants to be a playmaker. He wants to get everybody involved but at times, you also need to just be aggressive and make the other guys on the other teams guard him .”

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He can still close games, but him playing with the 2nd unit to start the 2nd quarter gives the team some scoring threat. 

I think Doc should keep Seth in to start the 4th as some scoring option instead of the crap show they have now

Lots of options but Seth, Dame and Embiid would work really well together.

That may be the worst game I ever saw. That loss was horrible. The Sixers don't deserve to win. So angry. Pitiful display. 

We will get more calls for fouls on Friday.  Another reason I think we win.  NBA wants game 7's.

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

I can’t see us losing to Atlanta 3 times in a row. 

I’d be shocked if they lose by less than 20 tomorrow.  They are done.

Embiid is starting to approach Eli Manning-level with the faces - once you saw him look like this on the sideline or after a sack, you knew the game was over.

In Memoriam: Saying goodbye to the Eli Manning face | This is the Loop |  Golf Digest

• Like 1

Also, do we get a fee Frosty since Embiid missed those two free throws? 

4 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Embiid is starting to approach Eli Manning-level with the faces - once you saw him look like this on the sideline or after a sack, you knew the game was over.

In Memoriam: Saying goodbye to the Eli Manning face | This is the Loop |  Golf Digest

I'd look like that too if I put my team up big while scoring 39 on a bum knee, while watching my max contract PG score 4 points and miss 10 free throws.

• Like 3

Ben is now 22-67 from the stripe.  No team wins an NBA Championship with their PG shooting 33% from the free throw line.

• Like 1

Doc was never the answer. He just had a fancy resume because he coached Hall Of Famers his entire coaching career 

• Like 2

just let them lose tomorrow. i don't want them to ruin my father's day on sunday. 

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Doc was never the answer. He just had a fancy resume because he coached Hall Of Famers his entire coaching career 

He coached a great regular season. I'll give him that. He's been brutal in the playoffs. 

i didn't go back & confirm this but here it is anyway.

Just for reference again, NBA.com has Seth Curry at 5 percentile for isolation defense and gives up 1.2 PPP. Seth has no wingspan and cannot contest any type of shot. He never blocked a jumpshot in his career. I don't think when he stretches his hand it even blocks anyone's vision. You can just score at will on him.

9:29 - Lou Williams has Seth Curry guarding him. Capela sets a pretty weak pick that Seth Curry just stops at the pick and can't recover. It forces Joel to guard Lou closer for an easy alley-oop.

8:27 - Man I have no idea how Seth Curry is still on the court. Lou just torches him to the rim. Seth might have one of the slowest feet in the league.

7:21 - Seth Curry looks lost on defense again. Lowest IQ I've seen in a while since Enes Kanter. Easy shot for Lou Williams.

6:45 - Exactly Trae. Force feed the guy Seth is guarding. Easy isolation for Lou to score over Seth.

6:18 - Seth Curry loses his man again and lets Lou Williams shoot a wide open 3. It's just easy money all day. Keep force feeding Seth until he's benched.

This is now 11 points scored because of Seth in 3 minute span. In a 12 minute quarter, that would be 44 points.

4:36 - Trae says it's my turn to burn Seth. Seth has no wingspan to even try to steal the ball. He has no shotblocking capability. He doesn't move laterally. Just easy layup for Trae.

13 points scored on Seth.

Now the Hawks are up 105-104. What is the safest play based on what happened in the 4th quarter?

Attack Seth Curry. Just repeat it to yourself. Attack Seth Curry. Trae Young, please repeat this in your head because you were going wild in the first half without focusing on attacking Seth Curry.

You won the game because you attacked Seth Curry.

So 51.7 seconds, Hawks need the highest quality shot with lowest variance. Mid-range pull-up on Seth makes sense to me!

51.7 seconds - Gallo just fades and shoots over Seth like it's a practice shot in the gym.

15 points on Seth.