**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Wizards are getting Dinwiddie in a S&T. They are going to have Dinwiddie, and Aaron Holiday.

Nice pickups.

And this 

With that, the next name off the point guard market appears likely to be Spencer Dinwiddie to Washington, sources said, in a sign-and-trade that could reroute the newly acquired Kyle Kuzma or Montrezl Harrell to Brooklyn. 

Harrell for them would be a really nice pickup. 

• Like 1

What's going on with Mike Conley? 

I doubt the Jazz can afford to resign him 

15 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

And this 

With that, the next name off the point guard market appears likely to be Spencer Dinwiddie to Washington, sources said, in a sign-and-trade that could reroute the newly acquired Kyle Kuzma or Montrezl Harrell to Brooklyn. 

Harrell for them would be a really nice pickup. 

It’s gotta be more than just Harrell. I’m thinking dinwiddie signs for more than 10-12 mil. He only makes 9.7 mil to match. Maybe since the wizards have cap space they can afford to do that and the nets would get a trade exception (last i checked wizards were 5.3 over the cap)

30 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

What's going on with Mike Conley? 

I doubt the Jazz can afford to resign him 

Neither can the Sixers 

With the Kings drafting Davion Mitchell, they may be more willing to trade one of either DeAaron Fox or Tyrese Haliburton in a Ben Simmons deal.

My guess is that they're more likely to trade Haliburton than Fox, who is a bit more of a proven commodity and a "near All-Star" caliber player.

A package of Haliburton, Hield, and Bagley for Simmons would be a very solid haul and make the team more well rounded from an offense standpoint. 

You could have a depth chart like this based on players currently on contract and new rookies coming on board:

PG Haliburton / Maxey / Hill / Springer

SG: Hield / Curry / Milton / Joe

SF Harris / Thybulle / Reed

PF Bagley / Tolliver

C: Embiid / Bassey

8 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

With the Kings drafting Davion Mitchell, they may be more willing to trade one of either DeAaron Fox or Tyrese Haliburton in a Ben Simmons deal.

My guess is that they're more likely to trade Haliburton than Fox, who is a bit more of a proven commodity and a "near All-Star" caliber player.

A package of Haliburton, Hield, and Bagley for Simmons would be a very solid haul and make the team more well rounded from an offense standpoint. 

You could have a depth chart like this based on players currently on contract and new rookies coming on board:

PG Haliburton / Maxey / Hill / Springer

SG: Hield / Curry / Milton / Joe

SF Harris / Thybulle / Reed

PF Bagley / Tolliver

😄 Embiid / Bassey

Bagley can come off the bench behind Harris and Embiid. Dude can't shoot, is soft as baby crap, always injured, and his Dad is a pain in the ass. He would just clog the paint up more anyhow for Joel. 

I also think the Kings would trade Fox before they trade Haliburton unfortunately. 

Buddy is definitely on the trading block. He was supposed to go to the Lakers, but looks like James wanted Westbrook more, mind boggling. I don't think he would be expensive either and they just might dump him for salary relief. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Bagley can come off the bench behind Harris and Embiid. Dude can't shoot, is soft as baby crap, always injured, and his Dad is a pain in the ass. He would just clog the paint up more anyhow for Joel. 

I also think the Kings would trade Fox before they trade Haliburton unfortunately. 

Buddy is definitely on the trading block. He was supposed to go to the Lakers, but looks like James wanted Westbrook more, mind boggling. I don't think he would be expensive either and they just might dump him for salary relief. 

Listened to Sirius this morning they talked about the kings more willing to deal Fox then haliburton. The front office wasn’t there when he was drafted whereas haliburton was one of the guys they’ve selected. Add on the kings were (according to the two hosts) the worst defense in nba history statistically so part of the reason why they might have drafted Mitchell was to get that type of atttitude on defense and possibly move Fox. 

40 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Neither can the Sixers 

I thought I read they were considering moving Joe Ingles to free up money to sign Conley. I’d gladly take Ingles off their hands.

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

From a salary perspective, the Sixers would have to give up more players to land both Fox and Hield in the same trade. If they want to hold onto Tobias Harris, one scenario is:

Sixers receive: DeAaron Fox, Buddy Hield, future draft pick

Kings receive: Ben Simmons, George Hill, Seth Curry

I don't think the Sixers are trading Curry away with Doc Rivers as the head coach, so that's out the window.

Fox and Bagley for Simmons would work from a cap perspective, or maybe the 76ers prefer Fox and draft picks? The 76ers would basically replace Simmons with Fox at PG and look to add more young pieces to build around. The Kings would be able to move Simmons back to PF and improve their defense.

Leonard and Paul both declined their player options and are now unrestricted free agents 

14 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Leonard and Paul both declined their player options and are now unrestricted free agents 

Sucks to be cap strapped with a team that cant get over the hump. 

21 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

I thought I read they were considering moving Joe Ingles to free up money to sign Conley. I’d gladly take Ingles off their hands.

I heard they were moving on from Conley. Could be wrong. 

Knicks waived Pelle. Im all for letting Dwight walk and bringing Pelle back. Eventually Massey can compete for his job. But for now, Pelle is the best out of the 3 of them. 

I read that Petrusev IS playing in summer league. Hopefully that means he wont have any issue getting out of that Mega Bemax contract. 

15 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Knicks waived Pelle. Im all for letting Dwight walk and bringing Pelle back. Eventually Massey can compete for his job. But for now, Pelle is the best out of the 3 of them. 

Howard wants to play in LA again I have read

15 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

They need a legit back up big, not a 3rd guy or a project. 

Zeller is a FA and would be good in that role. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Howard wants to play in LA again I have read

They need a legit back up big, not a 3rd guy or a project. 

Zeller is a FA and would be good in that role. 

I think Petrusev is going to be the guy, and Im fine with Pelle as a legitimate rim protector when thats needed. 

Mitch Lawrence: Besides trying to trade Ben Simmons, the Sixers are shopping Tobias Harris. The Rockets are one of the teams that turned down Harris, per sources. – via Twitter Mitch_Lawrence

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think Petrusev is going to be the guy, and Im fine with Pelle as a legitimate rim protector when thats needed. 

Sixers trust a 21 year old 2nd round draft pick to be the back up Center to Embiid and probably start 20+ games? That would be a horrible decision and would Doc even trust to play him, probably not. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Mitch Lawrence: Besides trying to trade Ben Simmons, the Sixers are shopping Tobias Harris. The Rockets are one of the teams that turned down Harris, per sources. – via Twitter Mitch_Lawrence

Im really glad to hear that because this team needs changes and it doesnt appear that a Ben trade is that likely to happen.

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Sixers trust a 21 year old 2nd round draft pick to be the back up Center to Embiid and probably start 20+ games? That would be a horrible decision and would Doc even trust to play him, probably not. 

I trust him that much. I said I would like to sign Pelle and let Howard go.

What Doc wants and what the 6ers do very well may be different. And is a different discussion.

58 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Paul is out of his mind declining 44 million dollars. I guess he feels he won't win a championship there

21 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I trust him that much. I said I would like to sign Pelle and let Howard go.

What Doc wants and what the 6ers do very well may be different. And is a different discussion.

The Sixers have title aspirations and a Center that will not play close to 82 game, but you trust a rookie who decided to play in Serbia instead of another year at Gonzaga and a 28 year old that had not played more than 9.7 minutes per game and scored more than 3ppg. 

5th seed here they come.