Eagles’ Lane Johnson gives update on his status following ankle surgery

time2rock

Eagles’ Lane Johnson gives update on his status following ankle surgery

Updated May 20, 2:27 PM; Posted May 20, 2:11 PM
Lane Johnson

Philadelphia Eagles right tackle Lane Johnson is cleared to take part in on-field workouts during the offseason program.(AP Photo/Chris Szagola, Pool)

Lane Johnson hasn’t missed a beat during the Eagles’ first week back at the NovaCare Complex.

Johnson, who underwent tight-rope ankle surgery this past winter, has been fully cleared to participate in on-field workouts with his teammates. After battling a lingering left ankle injury over the past three seasons -- stemming all the way back to October 2018 -- Johnson feels like he has finally overcome the ailment.

"Full go in practice,” Johnson said Thursday. "I got cleared a couple of weeks ago. Feeling good, looking good.”

While Johnson is now playing for his third head coach in nine seasons, the right tackle will still have offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland to lean on. Nick Sirianni retained Stoutland in January, and Johnson is pleased to have his career-long mentor still in the fold.

"Having him back was huge,” Johnson said. "I think it’s big for the younger guys coming back. With how he teaches and goes about his business, I don’t think there’s anybody better in the business. We’ve got the group back in town, finished our first week and had a great week out there.”

Johnson said that he appreciates Sirianni’s directness and accountability during the early days of the offseason program.

"He’ll call out veteran guys, so I think that really sends a message to everybody, from the top on down in the organization,” Johnson said. "It pushes older guys to get better, it pushes younger guys to get better.”

While the new regime is starting off fresh, Johnson says the tenured players from last year’s 4-11-1 debacle have extra motivation to improve their fortunes this season. Johnson and the other veterans are looking to start the Sirianni era off the right foot with a bounce-back campaign.

"Last year wasn’t a great year, and so really -- for everybody in this building -- we have a lot to prove to the city, a lot to prove to ourselves,” Johnson said. "We know where we stand, and really moving forward, we’ve got that fire in our belly.”

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2021/05/eagles-lane-johnson-gives-update-on-his-status-following-ankle-surgery.html

• Like 1

Hopefully Lane can have an injury free (or at least mostly free) year. If he can then that's a huge difference maker to our OL.