3 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

So...  I'm sorry I just gotta know...  I wanna know how a Trump voter responds to this.  Provisional ballots were in large part the specific type of votes their entire claim of election fraud was based on.  This claim of a "stolen election" they continued to pump into the veins of you guys for months, over and over and it's why your fellow Trump supporters turned into seditionists on Jan. 6th.

Anyone, @Kz!, @lynched1... How do you react to this news??

Trump, While Attacking Mail Voting, Casts Mail Ballot Again

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/19/903886567/trump-while-attacking-mail-voting-casts-mail-ballot-again

Trump used a mail in ballot too.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

So...  I'm sorry I just gotta know...  I wanna know how a Trump voter responds to this.  Provisional ballots were in large part the specific type of votes their entire claim of election fraud was based on.  This claim of a "stolen election" they continued to pump into the veins of you guys for months, over and over and it's why your fellow Trump supporters turned into seditionists on Jan. 6th.

Provisional ballots are only counted if necessary, right?  

• Like 1

Just now, VanHammersly said:

Don't get too excited.

138645868_10225998844899955_5752608497284585155_n.jpg.99fb518b63f9425a144f1b92381c746e.jpg

That's the smidgen.  I'd already seen that.  Mitch is going after him.  If they can cut that number in half they have a shot.

• Like 1

Just now, DrPhilly said:

That's the smidgen.  I'd already seen that.  Mitch is going after him.  If they can cut that number in half they have a shot.

Maybe.  I will say that far beyond the Capital insurrection, the problem for Trump is that he committed the cardinal sin of the right: he lost.  As more Republicans come to grips with that, his numbers may start to come down.  I guess we'll see how effective his fraud BS really is, because it's much easier to sell that bill of goods when there's a chance for it to turn around, but without any hope, reality may begin to set in.  That's why you're seeing the most ridiculous - and hilarious - Hail Mary's right now, with stuff like Face-Off fantasies.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Provisional ballots are only counted if necessary, right?  

Correct.

edit: actually, I believe they are also set aside for people who are unable to vote for some specific reason, like military service or travel.

5 minutes ago, VanHammersly said:

Maybe.  I will say that far beyond the Capital insurrection, the problem for Trump is that he committed the cardinal sin of the right: he lost.  As more Republicans come to grips with that, his numbers may start to come down.  I guess we'll see how effective his fraud BS really is, because it's much easier to sell that bill of goods when there's a chance for it to turn around, but without any hope, reality may begin to set in.  That's why you're seeing the most ridiculous - and hilarious - Hail Mary's right now, with stuff like Face-Off fantasies.  

Not in their minds. Most still think he won and all his objections to the results are perfectly valid. Someone hit the nail on the head earlier, McConnell is a day late and a dollar short on this. Party leadership did nothing while this used car salesman strolled in to hijack the GOP and burned it to the ground while they just sat there and watched. They put the cuck in cuckoo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VanHammersly said:

Yep, I was going to say exactly what you said here in bold.  That is going to make a difference.  They will be on this like flies on sheet and he won't have the same platform to defend himself that he's had for the last four years.  Those 20m nut jobs are a lost cause but the others are fair game.

14 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Yep, I was going to say exactly what you said here in bold.  That is going to make a difference.  They will be on this like flies on sheet and he won't have the same platform to defend himself that he's had for the last four years.  Those 20m nut jobs are a lost cause but the others are fair game.

And now consider the prospect of Senate Republicans weighing how badly they would take heat if they were to convict him and bar him from further office.  I'm scanning these headlines to see when Pelosi brings those articles to McConnell.  Because once that 24 hour timer starts, this will be a huge, huge event for the future of the party.

1 minute ago, DrPhilly said:

In theory, you're right, but we've also never seen anything like this kind of mass-scale cult brainwashing in this country.  And until right wing media turns on him, there's just no way he won't rebound (or at least hold his roughly 60% number) in the eyes of the right.  Right wing media turned on Bush 1 (in as much as their was right wing media back then) before he even ran for a second term and Bush 2 (but it didn't really happen until he left office).  I have a hard time seeing them do the same with Trump.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

And now consider the prospect of Senate Republicans weighing how badly they would take heat if they were to convict him and bar him from further office.  I'm scanning these headlines to see when Pelosi brings those articles to McConnell.  Because once that 24 timer starts, this will be a huge, huge event for the future of the party.

Going to be very interesting to see what they do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caesar said:

So classy those Trumps -even the immigrant wife.  Slinking out of town, to avoid the security deposit charges on the stinking mess they left in the Whitehouse

Not intentionally trying to beat a dead horse here... Ah, who am I kidding? I wonder which FLOTUS never bothered to make a trip to Sesame Street?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, toolg said:

Not intentionally trying to beat a dead horse here... Ah, who am I kidding? I wonder which FLOTUS never bothered to make a trip to Sesame Street?

She probably felt that Oscar the Grouch was beneath her because he lived in a garbage can.   Donnie probably felt that Oscar hid thousands of votes for him and Oscar wasn't willing to tell the truth about it.

th?id=OIP.Si8Ymm7X4d4hScGFuu6-owHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=216&h=163

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, VanHammersly said:

In theory, you're right, but we've also never seen anything like this kind of mass-scale cult brainwashing in this country.  And until right wing media turns on him, there's just no way he won't rebound (or at least hold his roughly 60% number) in the eyes of the right.  Right wing media turned on Bush 1 (in as much as their was right wing media back then) before he even ran for a second term and Bush 2 (but it didn't really happen until he left office).  I have a hard time seeing them do the same with Trump.

I agree.  I will say one thing though and that is that Fox has moved quite a bit over the last six months or so with regard to Trump.  They've also lost a lot of viewers along the way and while still the powerhouse on the right their position is not as strong as it once was.  There is a real settling that is underway on the right.  Trump keeps his nutty base but beyond that it seems like anybody's guess.

yeah...oan & newmax have eaten into fox's ratings a bit...as crazy as that sounds. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 11:50 AM, downundermike said:

So I thought the revolution was supposed to start at state capitals yesterday, another false start ??  

I didn't leave my property today or yesterday.  Went into the woods today.  That's as far as I went. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, toolg said:

Good. The less children need to see a Trump, the better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I didn't leave my property today or yesterday.  Went into the woods today.  That's as far as I went. 

i hope you took some TP with you this time. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

I agree.  I will say one thing though and that is that Fox has moved quite a bit over the last six months or so with regard to Trump.  They've also lost a lot of viewers along the way and while still the powerhouse on the right their position is not as strong as it once was.  There is a real settling that is underway on the right.  Trump keeps his nutty base but beyond that it seems like anybody's guess.

I guess, but they're still pulling out NK propaganda sheet like "Trump's the hardest working President in history" :lol:  I mean, they've got a long way to go before they join the rest of us in reality.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Did you fill your bathtub with water?  That's important.  You've got to fill your bathtub with water.

39 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

I'll just say this.  I am not saying the election was rigged or "stolen" and I have long moved past that, Trump has only himself to blame.  But any election that was that close and multiple states took that long to count electronic and mail in votes, would have been questioned regardless of who won.  And whoever was questioning it would seem like sour grapes.  Bottom line is, they took it wayyyyyyy too far and they lost whatever viable message they think they had once they started acting like morons....oh and Rudy's makeup started to run.  It was all over then.  

10 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i hope you took some TP with you this time. 

It's hard to do that when there are no leaves on the trees to provide cover from the neighbors on the otherside...  Winter sucks.  

1 minute ago, VanHammersly said:

I guess, but they're still pulling out NK propaganda sheet like "Trump's the hardest working President in history" :lol:  I mean, they've got a long way to go before they join the rest of us in reality.

I try to read Fox and CNN (or NBC) every day to get the filtered mainstream propaganda from each side.  Fox went from everything being pro-Trump to a mixed bag with plenty of stuff that wasn't particularly kind to Trump over the last six months.  Of course they still threw in a lot of pro Trump stuff as well and generally were still pro Trump indirectly from a general view thru their pro right and pro Republican stance.  So not a 180 by any stretch but still a pretty significant watering down.  That became especially true as we got into mid-December.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It's hard to do that when there are no leaves on the trees to provide cover from the neighbors on the otherside...  Winter sucks.  

valid point. neighbors can be very nosey. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah...oan & newmax have eaten into fox's ratings a bit...as crazy as that sounds. 

The president keeps bringing them up. He clearly watches avidly and so his minions do too, if only to hate on the traitorous dogs.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I'll just say this.  I am not saying the election was rigged or "stolen" and I have long moved past that, Trump has only himself to blame.  But any election that was that close and multiple states took that long to count electronic and mail in votes, would have been questioned regardless of who won.  And whoever was questioning it would seem like sour grapes.  Bottom line is, they took it wayyyyyyy too far and they lost whatever viable message they think they had once they started acting like morons....oh and Rudy's makeup started to run.  It was all over then.  

Generally I agree but there was one thing that spoke against this position and it was the fact that most of the real election type experts agreed there would be the red mirage early and in particular in swing states only to see the blue side come on strong when the mail in ballots were counted.  That was the general belief held by the experts coming in to election day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

They recounted every tally that was legally called for and none changed.

In Republican courts, Democrat courts, every kind the US has to offer in Red and Blue states. Voting in a pandemic was problematic, but it certainly seems that the states did a good job.

• Like 1